Escapist Podcast: 202: Time For Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2?

202: Time For Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2?

What it means that Paradox has acquired White Wolf and the World of Darkness, and what we'd like to see come from it.

Watch Video

Even though Bloodlines was buggy as hell it was still an awesome game, as was Redemption before it. I'd love to see more of either.

Are they also going to bring back the Kindred TV show?

I've never played any of the World of Darkness Table-top games (or any table-top game for that matter), but I'm super excited that the IP is no longer just sitting around doing nothing. Bloodlines sits comfortably next to Deus Ex as one of my favorite RPGs of all time. Everything about the game was brilliant--The soundtrack, the animations, characters, and dialogue, the world design, and even the Deus Ex, several different ways to approach a situation, gameplay. The twitter accounts of several of the original creators of VTMB have been buzzing as of late, so I'm very hopeful for a VTMB2.

Eh, why would anyone want that? Did anyone even like Bloodlines?

Ok, kidding, they did a great job. Really liked the "realism" of it all, in that you never knew exactly what was going on, got various factions giving you their side of things, and nobody is obviously wrong or right.

thaluikhain:
Eh, why would anyone want that? Did anyone even like Bloodlines?

Ok, kidding, they did a great job. Really liked the "realism" of it all, in that you never knew exactly what was going on, got various factions giving you their side of things, and nobody is obviously wrong or right.

It was and it was rather depressing to find out that it was rushed out the door later on with lots of clues of cut stuff in the game.

Yes hopefully there will be a new game! Looking back, I enjoyed both games quite a bit. I recall playing the first game where one of the npc's was an expert on history and your character was like no, that is not what happened... how do I know? I know because I was there at that time : )

The second game was also lots of fun and I enjoyed the story in that one as well. I also liked all the console command options and tweaks that could be applied to the game. I think my character is still dancing at the club heh.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here