Five Actors Who Could Play Indiana Jones

Five Actors Who Could Play Indiana Jones

Disney will surely not allow the Indiana Jones franchise to die, so may be cast as the new Indi?

Read Full Article

Remember that whoever playes Indy must be able to take a punch and look like they are hurting (something always said about Clint Eastwood and, indeed Harrison Ford). That was actually one of the reasons that Ford was chosen for the role.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is my personal choice. He can pull off a good accent and he is the right age for a grizzled adventurer.

NO! Karl Urban needs to play Dash Rendar!
But Jensen Ackles would be perfect.

Sorry, gentlemen, but I disagree on all counts. That is, of course, unless you can splice several actors together to make a hybrid of all of those.

Xaryn Mar:
Remember that whoever playes Indy must be able to take a punch and look like they are hurting (something always said about Clint Eastwood and, indeed Harrison Ford). That was actually one of the reasons that Ford was chosen for the role.

Pretty sure its because Ford insists on making it look as real as possible by way of actually taking the punch. IIRC he made a huge deal about it to Gary Oldman in Air Force One, enough to make Oldman feel uncomfortable, but damn did those takes look good.

I can't imagine any one of those in the role. None of them have the Indy charisma. Denzel Washington, perhaps?

I could actually see Karl Urban as Henry "Indiana" Jones, Jr. He does have that wearied, "done it all" vibe going, and can be as serious as the plot requires. I'd pick him.

I would have picked liam neeson. he can be both a serious action hero and a more gentle sort. his age also affords a certain elegance. he is quite old for the role but personally i wouldn't mind an older more gentlemanly version of indiana jones.

Hey, I like 'Supernatural' a lot, but Jensen Ackles isn't the greatest actor around. And I'm never sure if I like Patrick Wilson or not.

If Chris Pratt tones down his facial expressiveness demonstrated in 'Parks' & 'Guardians' a bit I could see him in the role. Bradley Cooper, too.

Hear hear to Keith Urban. He can play world weary tough guy. Next would be Pratt but he is too much the high pitched funny guy for the role. Not my preference. All others mentioned: horrible.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here