5 Movies About The Sanctity of Football To Make Guys Cry

5 Movies About The Sanctity of Football To Make Guys Cry

As Thanksgiving draws closer here in the U.S., I realize there's one tradition that has been overlooked by my food-centric approach to holidays.

Read Full Article

good list, but football movies are really really crap compared to baseball movies. I may be biased but baseball possibly provides more material to work with due to its nature

stormtrooper9091:
good list, but football movies are really really crap compared to baseball movies. I may be biased but baseball possibly provides more material to work with due to its nature

You're just salty that football is the superior sport, in all ways! /kidding

Seriously though, did I miss the page that had Friday Night Lights on it? Because where the hell is Friday Night Lights?

How is Rudy not on here?

I don't give a crap about football, or really any sport in general, but Rudy surely deserved to be on this list.

COMaestro:
How is Rudy not on here?

I don't give a crap about football, or really any sport in general, but Rudy surely deserved to be on this list.

Sadly, Rudy misses out. The list should be:

Varsity Blues
Friday Night Lights
Remember the Titans
Any Given Sunday
The Replacements

Honorable mentions:
Rudy
We are Marshall
The Blindside

Let's not forget Necessary Roughness as well.

Gorrath:

stormtrooper9091:

Seriously though, did I miss the page that had Friday Night Lights on it? Because where the hell is Friday Night Lights?

oh crap, I was figured out :p

I actually quite like both :)

stormtrooper9091:

Gorrath:

stormtrooper9091:

oh crap, I was figured out :p

I actually quite like both :)

Well, now that your dirty secret is out, I freaking love Major League. Being an Indians fan sort of makes that movie a must for me.

COMaestro:
Let's not forget Necessary Roughness as well.

I'd put that in honorable mentions as well! I forgot the third category though.

Football movies never to be spoken of:

Adam Sandler's god-awful remake of The Longest Yard. May he die a thousand deaths for that pile of garbage.

You know, your being an Indians fan kind of goes hand in hand with my being a Rams fan :(

Add to the list:

The Damned United
Bend It Like Beckham
Green Street

You seem to have confused football with american football?

Best football movie is hands down The Damned United. Great movie!

Shaolin Soccer is also good, and bend it like beckham.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here