Agents of Cosplay: Riddle: Better Know A Cosplayer

Riddle: Better Know A Cosplayer

Riddle on how she went from amateur to professional cosplay.

Watch Video

I've noticed you don't seem to be showcasing any male cosplayers. Are there no professional male cosplayers or do you simply have no interest in showcasing them?

RJ 17:
I've noticed you don't seem to be showcasing any male cosplayers. Are there no professional male cosplayers or do you simply have no interest in showcasing them?

Well, Nathan DeLuca in the background of this episode was in focus about as often as Riddle was. :)

For that matter, why does she always feature women with DD's? Where's the love for A, B and C?
Not that I'm complaining. But what philosophy are we working here?

Johnny Novgorod:
For that matter, why does she always feature women with double-decker chests? Where's the love for A-cups?

Eh, I've got a feeling that this post would likely get flagged so I'll edit it. Suffice to say you've certainly raised another good point. :P

RJ 17:

Johnny Novgorod:
For that matter, why does she always feature women with double-decker chests? Where's the love for A-cups?

Eh, I've got a feeling that this post would likely get flagged so I'll edit it. Suffice to say you've certainly raised another good point. :P

Abby Green doesn't have a very large chest, nor does Lianne Moseley (or her model). As for why the ones she has interviewed tend towards large-breasted women, there's the fact that most of the most popular cosplayers are large-breasted women; there's a correlation there, but not the one you may be implying. I also don't think she's done a thorough search to find a sweeping array of subjects for these interviews. It's just a guess based on which cons the interviews took place at, and when the interviews came out, but they seem to be more opportunistic occasions where she could get one of her famous colleagues to chat with Liana and her phone for 15 minutes at their booth, rather than 60 Minutes.

Thunderous Cacophony:
there's the fact that most of the most popular cosplayers are large-breasted women;

That's along the lines of what my post said before I edited it...though in looking it over the way I said it would likely be deemed more "offensive" than the way you put it. :P

Still, I want to know where all the male cosplayers are. I understand the cosplay industry is likely a female dominated arena, however I refuse to believe there's no famous male cosplayers out there.

And no, I'm not bringing this up because I think men are somehow being oppressed due to a lack of representation in this field, I just think it'd be pretty interesting to hear from a male in this field since - much like the nursing field - it is a field that seems "traditionally female" in nature.

We have an interview with Nathan Deluca in the can. We're just waiting on additional footage.

Also, the Ghostbusters cosplayers are male. ;)

I don't choose interview subjects based on breast size. That's silly.

This was a wonderful interview! Ridd1e is like many other cosplayers I've met, who tend to start off shy and find cosplay as their gateway into being more social, outgoing, and truly finding something they love. Also a great outlet for creativity! Her costumes are amazing! I can't wait to see more from her!

Liana K:
We have an interview with Nathan Deluca in the can. We're just waiting on additional footage.

Thank you, I'll be very interested to see that episode when it's posted. :D

RJ 17:

On top of head, I remember her showing male ghost busters and then a guy with deep voice (do not remember more). For the record, that I could name exactly two female cosplayers she show too.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here