Judging By The Cover: Judging Elder Scrolls

Judging Elder Scrolls

A review of the Elder Scrolls game series.

Watch Video

Now all I can think about is an epic Dragon war over the world's last bacon mine.

I had to stop at the prayer... brilliant! But why didn't you translate the dog turd correctly?

And I admit, I think I have never seen the ES1 cover! Great finish! But that wasn't your part, but the games :)

Reviewing the vanilla covers doesn't give The Elder Scrolls enough credit. You need the "officially unofficial cover texture UI patch" to get the full experience out of the picture on the front of the box. Anything else is just too immersion breaking.

funniest JbTC in a while, although I might just be comparing it to the previous one and almost forgetting that the series in general is hilarious

Huzzah, sir! Brilliant analysis of the series as a whole. I laughed the hardest at that Morrowind prayer when it got to "Riddler Trophy", and finally seeing the covers to Arena and Daggerfall. I don't think I've heard of the series until the 3rd one. It's like some game developers who have been around a long time are embarrassed now about how unapologetically immature they used to be.

Wow, I've seen any of the covers before Oblivion.

The reveal on daggerfall still has me laughing.

I sometimes get nostalgic for the way game boxes used to be, with their bits of story and artful covers. Sometimes that is exactly the wrong feeling to have.

But who could forget pterodactyl-woman holding a croissant?

Or overly elaborate pommel accompanied by the edgiest of serif fonts?

Yahtzee, you simply have not embarrassed this series enough with its younger kin.

Just looked up some screenshots of Arena...apparently Mecha Hitler from Wolfenstein was moonlighting in the world of Nirn. You can see his corpse right here...

Wow. Looking at the latest game covers, I would never have guessed the first two covers were so over-the-top.

A bit surprised there was no comment about the classy Latin quote on the very non-classy chapter II cover. (I did look up a translation, it's "the art is to conceal art".)

RJ 17:
Just looked up some screenshots of Arena...apparently Mecha Hitler from Wolfenstein was moonlighting in the world of Nirn. You can see his corpse right here...

Its hard for me to notice as I'm too distracted by Full Head Of Hair Hulk Hogan....

I wish Elder Scrolls was still immature. I would've liked to seen that Female Human's Outfit on a Female Khajiit in the console version of Skyrim. And it would have to be the console version because the PC version makes the outfit pointless since you can just install nude mods.

RatGouf:

RJ 17:

Its hard for me to notice as I'm too distracted by Full Head Of Hair Hulk Hogan

To be honest Hulk Hogan is my favorite character in Daggerfall

I wish Elder Scrolls was still immature. I would've liked to seen that Female Human's Outfit on a Female Khajiit in the console version of Skyrim. And it would have to be the console version because the PC version makes the outfit pointless since you can just install nude mods.

What nude mods have to do with classy armor?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here