COUGAR Attack X3 Keyboard Review

COUGAR Attack X3 Keyboard Review

Cougar's Attack X3 mechanical keyboard offers gaming performance at a reasonable price.

Read Full Article

In the article it says that Razer uses Kalih switches, while I know this was the case with previous editions of their keyboards they currently claim that they manufacture their own switches, Razer Green and Razer Orange. I'm not some huge Razer fan or anything I'm just wondering if there's any actual evidence for the claim that they still just use Kalih switches? Green and Orange could just be rebranded Kalih.

hentropy:
In the article it says that Razer uses Kalih switches, while I know this was the case with previous editions of their keyboards they currently claim that they manufacture their own switches, Razer Green and Razer Orange. I'm not some huge Razer fan or anything I'm just wondering if there's any actual evidence for the claim that they still just use Kalih switches? Green and Orange could just be rebranded Kalih.

Oh they're definitely not Kailh switches. They're just, er, manufactured by Kailh.

The Wooster:

hentropy:

Oh they're definitely not Kailh switches. They're just, er, manufactured by Kailh.

I'm aware of that distinction, I'm just wondering if there's any actual positive evidence for that assertion? I ask because in some corners they act like using Kalih is like putting literal shit under the keycaps, and the article seems to make the impression that what Razer is using is no different from the plain Kalih switches that off-brands use. On their website it says they go through a third-party manufacturer (which is something they would have to do, since Cherry's not going to make someone else's designs), but the switches aren't designed by said third party and there's certainly no evidence that they are "cheaper" simply due to that fact (labor costs certainly would be, but that says nothing of the quality of design/materials/machining).

God I sound like such a nerd right now...

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.