Man At Arms: Reforged: Erza Scarlet's Sword & Armor (Fairy Tail)

Erza Scarlet's Sword & Armor (Fairy Tail)

Every other Monday, our team of blacksmiths and craftsman build some of your favorite weapons, and some weapons that you've never seen before. This week, the team recreates Erza's Sword and Armor from the Anime classic Fairy Tail.

Watch Video

That was actually pretty nice.

I'd like to see them tackle Rory Mercury's halberd though;

Aside from not showing the shoulder armor which I could've sworn they worked on, everything came out pretty great. the music during the display was really nice.

Paragon Fury:

That thing would snap in half if you set it down wrong, let alone hold it in your hand.

As a huge Erza fan, the only complain I have is that the cosplayer isn't a natural redhead :P

Combustion Kevin:

Paragon Fury:

That thing would snap in half if you set it down wrong, let alone hold it in your hand.

Yeah, I'm usually not a stickler for anime/fantasy weapons being unrealistic, but my first reaction upon seeing that is "how do you even lift it without it bending under it's own weight!?". That shaft is just way too thin for a axehead that huge :/

Rebel_Raven:
Aside from not showing the shoulder armor which I could've sworn they worked on.

Might be mistaking the tassets they showed, those roughly hand size scale shaped pieces. It's the section of plate that free hangs off the brestplate over the waist/hips so you have protection but also flexibility.

Slycne:

Rebel_Raven:
Aside from not showing the shoulder armor which I could've sworn they worked on.

Might be mistaking the tassets they showed, those roughly hand size scale shaped pieces. It's the section of plate that free hangs off the brestplate over the waist/hips so you have protection but also flexibility.

Maybe, but that means they completely ignored the shoulder armor for some reason, or the Cosplayer just didn't get them made.

I'm not mad, or outraged, looking to blame anyone, or upset, it's just my OCD.
It's till damn fine work throughout, and informative, and enjoyable.

Rebel_Raven:

Maybe, but that means they completely ignored the shoulder armor for some reason.

Possibly a scheduling thing. As mentioned in the episode, creating armor is a slow process. The gauntlets, pauldrons, and couter, TIL what the elbow armored section is called, might have been trimmed for time.

Slycne:

Rebel_Raven:

Maybe, but that means they completely ignored the shoulder armor for some reason.

Possibly a scheduling thing. As mentioned in the episode, creating armor is a slow process. The gauntlets, pauldrons, and couter, TIL what the elbow armored section is called, might have been trimmed for time.

Very true. They might have finished it up after the show.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here