Republique Episode 4 Review - Beautiful and Confusing

Republique Episode 4 Review - Beautiful and Confusing

A relatively simple stealth game with a lot of love dumped into its presentation, but a weak attempt to shake things up in both gameplay and plot.

Read Full Article

wow. this episode came out like months ago. was really happy that it came out. i nearly forgot what has happened then since it took them so long to release epi 4. i hope epi 5 wont take that long. still have to wait for my pc to arrive next week after i moved.

but i agree, its not a stealth game for everyone. but still a good one regardless. i personally enjoy this game and its simple idea. has its moments but fun anyway.

I'm actually quite a fan of Republique. To me it's the quintessential example of an iOS port done right.

IceForce:
I'm actually quite a fan of Republique. To me it's the quintessential example of an iOS port done right.

agreed. on the steam forum, people complained that for the otehr platforms the entire game is complete but nothing for pc. the developers responded to that stating that it isnt true that they have taken the money to finish off the console versions. now if thats all true or not thats anyones guess but epi 4 was finally released and the game really runs smooth. i cant recall a single issue i had with that game.

IceForce:

It's not an iOS Port - it's an iOS original that was ported to other platforms.

Nevetheless, for me, Republique seems it will end in a deasater. I see no real ambition or vision to make this a great game.
Since it's release everything turned out rather lackluster for me.

BloodRed Pixel:

IceForce:

....I'm pretty sure that's exactly what the term "iOS port" means.

OT: Haven't made it to Ep 4 yet in Republique. I'm currently in Ep 2. I'm enjoying it so far. I like games that allow me to find relatively non-violent ways to accomplish my goals, and stealth games are great for that.

Happyninja42:

BloodRed Pixel:

IceForce:

....I'm pretty sure that's exactly what the term "iOS port" means.

depends if you see define it 'to' or 'from', but yes.

BTW: Any bets those ends with a cliff hanger to be continued in season 2?
I would bet money on that...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here