Good Bad Flicks: The Puppet Masters

The Puppet Masters

Can't we all just wear some baggy shirts? Invasion over.

Watch Video

The attack by the aliens at 7:50 felt like a parody of the stair/pool scene from Alien: Resurrection.

I'd put "We're pretty good I guess" as a town motto. Sounds uplifting and brilliant.

...Even after all the BS you listed, I still can't believe that they really went with "They are aliens because they aren't staring at my boobs".
I know the stereotypes of men always thinking about sex and all but come on...Even the second GI Joe did a better job of having their cast figure out the President was a mimic/clone/whatever and they were working off just hand gestures and Buzzfeed level psychology.

Still, the Law and Order sound effect at that death scene killed me XD

What I remember most about this movie was that it had the trailer for the Roger Corman Fantastic Four movie on the tape when I rented it.

Diablo1099:
...Even after all the BS you listed, I still can't believe that they really went with "They are aliens because they aren't staring at my boobs".
I know the stereotypes of men always thinking about sex and all but come on...Even the second GI Joe did a better job of having their cast figure out the President was a mimic/clone/whatever and they were working off just hand gestures and Buzzfeed level psychology.

Still, the Law and Order sound effect at that death scene killed me XD

I think what happened was the original book was more tongue in cheek. They had flying cars and everyone was pretty much naked by the end. In the movie they had been through so many rewrites, they took some of the sillier stuff, like the "aliens don't look at cleavage" and then mixed it into the new script with a more serious tone. One of the major problems you get when you have multiple people writing.

Being an election year, I'm kind of suprised he didn't make a joke about the aliens landing in Iowa so they could control who won the Caucas. Isn't that literally one of three things Iowa is actually known for(other then Corn and being the birthplace of James T. Kirk)?

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.