Reactionary

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reactionary

You gotta' get on top of this.

Read Full Article

God damnit, Grey. For a glorious five-tenths of one second I thought there was going to be a Jet Force Gemini sequel.

y u do dis to me ;_;

Is this new font gonna be like... all the time now? I'm asking for a friend of mine, they didn't like it but don't worry I like it great job guys.

And the games media can still inform all the people out there without Nintendo consoles about Nintendo games they can't play, don't worry, they're still wanted!

Best comic yet, the writing in particular seems to be of a much higher standard then the majority of the previous strips. Well done sirs, it's always great to see such marked improvement!

MarsAtlas:
God damnit, Grey. For a glorious five-tenths of one second I thought there was going to be a Jet Force Gemini sequel.

y u do dis to me ;_;

In fairness, Erin's journalism is about as valid as any other games journalism, so there's still a chance.

That font is HORRIFYING. Please, in the name of all that's decent, don't use it ever again.

MarsAtlas:
God damnit, Grey.

This comic wasn't actually done by Grey. (I think that's the joke in Kross's post, above.)

Seems Grey isn't needed anymore.
So there ya go, Defy Media, if you're wondering who next to lay off! (Kidding, of course)

Critical Miss has been on a real downhill slide lately (like, since 2013) so it's nice to see a strip finally pick it up a little. Hope it doesn't go back to the usual garbage next week!

Cory's become self aware.

Wow...two staffers in the comments both shitting all over the comic...

Grey, you should start going to into news article comment sections and make fun of the way the articles are written. Lets draw some battle lines here! :3

IceForce:

MarsAtlas:
God damnit, Grey.

This comic wasn't actually done by Grey. (I think that's the joke in Kross's post, above.)

Seems Grey isn't needed anymore.
So there ya go, Defy Media, if you're wondering who next to lay off! (Kidding, of course)

Is this true or is this just yet another instance where we blame Kross for something that isn't his fault?

Hell, either way we can blame Kross. Its the site's best pasttime.

RJ 17:

Grey, you should start going to into news article comment sections and make fun of the way the articles are written. Lets draw some battle lines here! :3

Better, he should humiliate them like he did to Gavin, of Miracle of Sound fame, in a Critical Miss update.

WAVE RACE IS BACK!!!!!!!

But uh, that font... needs to go the opposite way and never return.

MarsAtlas:

y u do dis to me ;_;

I was gonna say the same thing! I WUVVED DAT GAEM ;~;

There is something faintly foreboding and threatening about those narrow characters, huddled together like meticulous scrawls from the margins of a serial cannibal's manifesto. That's not mentioning Erin's ghoulish expression.

To date, some of your finest work. Bravo.

So then Cory is playing Black Desert Online? Wonder his take on the new MMO phenomenon?

So, OutofTens.com just became Kotaku...

...does Erin still work in OutofTens.com?

MarsAtlas:

RJ 17:

Better, he should humiliate them like he did to Gavin, of Miracle of Sound fame, in a Critical Miss update.

That would indeed be a better idea. Better and more fun! :D

Nintendo can't make a Jet Force Gemini remake. Jet Force Gemini is a Rareware property, and all Rareware properties that weren't from previous Nintendo Properties (Donkey Kong and Star Fox) went with Rareware to Microsoft. It would be Microsoft and Rare making a Jet Force Gemini remake, but considering how poorly Microsoft has handled Rareware's properties, and the company in general, it will never happen.

Also, panel 2's "How am I supposed to Games Journalism?" sounds really weird and is bad grammatically. I'm certain it's not a typo and that's exactly what she meant to say, but it's really bad.

Well well. Look at all those "May"s and "Maybe"s. That's far more honest than most games journalism.

Oh Jet Force Gemini, you have brought on the post-RARE sads now. They are but a husk, roaming these British moors somewhere, as Microsoft feeds off what brittle remains they can until there is nothing left but the spectral echoes of a dying cry. Staining the land forever more. Somebody euthanise them, please!

I'm just waiting for Cory to rebel.

Mr.Mattress:
Nintendo can't make a Jet Force Gemini remake. Jet Force Gemini is a Rareware property, and all Rareware properties that weren't from previous Nintendo Properties (Donkey Kong and Star Fox) went with Rareware to Microsoft. It would be Microsoft and Rare making a Jet Force Gemini remake, but considering how poorly Microsoft has handled Rareware's properties, and the company in general, it will never happen.

Also, panel 2's "How am I supposed to Games Journalism?" sounds really weird and is bad grammatically. I'm certain it's not a typo and that's exactly what she meant to say, but it's really bad.

No, but Playtonic could do to JFG what they did to Banjo with Yooka Laylee. Same gameplay, same aesthetics, all nouns replaced with something else.

OF all the tags to put underneath today's strip, why isn't one of them NINTENDO DIRECT so I can get the joke? Or is it actually on lousy games journalism?

Ignoring the joke or the quality of the comic... Wave Race really needs to come back. One of the few non-battle racing games I actually like was Wave Race 64.

Please, Nintendo? I really need this in my life.

You forgot to put red arrow pointing at nothing, or the red circle around nothing. If it's click bate, go all the way.

Is Hideo Kojima going to be joining Nintendo?
[Blurry picture of a Nintendo Press Conference with a red arrow pointing at something just out of frame.]

Article with two sentences about how Kojima hasn't denied possibly working at Nintendo and Snake having been in smash brothers. Followed my own views on what games he should make/work on while there. Bonus points for Deviant Art pictures of Nintendo characters drawn in Metal Gear style.

OMG! Don't taunt me with the Jet Force Gemini that will never be! T_T

That does raise an interesting question though... DOES Nintendo have the rights to it? I always just assumed it was Rare's IP.

Mr.Mattress:

BREAKING NEWS!
Microsoft cuts deal with Nintendo to allow Nintendo to remake Jet Force Gemini in return for a cross-play NX/Xbox PC release!
Rareware set to develop the remake with Nintendo as head publisher and Microsoft working on cross-play integration between tech!

OT: Hmmm... There's only one solution to all of this... Burn Youtube with flamethrowers and rebuild it from the ground up with Dailymotion and Vimeo's flamethrowers as the heat base...

Other than that, we can always do the House of Cads method of game journalism... *shrugs* Or will that be too much?

Caramel Frappe:
I pretty much feel bad for everyone wanting to do Game Journalism ... simply because of how companies are doing everything in their power to censor / shut any negative or positive feedback about their games (especially on Youtube) even if the main gaming company themselves aren't responsible. You can't do a single review or article without some company like Nintendo demanding something out of your hard work into their pockets.

The shutting down of positive feedback is what really gets me. Like, does Nintendo have such a low opinion of their games that they think they could be entirely enjoyed through a video to the point of not needing to be played?

I mean, sure, for things like Professor Layton where it's fairly linear, but that's not the majority by any stretch.

RJ 17:

One ex-staffer and an IT monkey. They're not actually people.

Did I just read a funny Critical Miss strip that was actually about games journalism?

I think it's time to let Cory take over.

The Wooster:

RJ 17:

One ex-staffer and an IT monkey. They're not actually people.

Hey, show some respect! They're crab people! Now yes, they may be vile, disgusting monstrosities, but they are still technically people. Unfortunately.

Can someone explain what the deal is with Nintendo Direct? I have no idea what this strip is about.

I would say it reminds me of the escapist's news, but everything is spelled right and 100% factual in the comic... As for the idea that direct press releases will kill journalism, I say it won't. Only because you're only seeing the gold clad outside of polished turds. A journalist's job is to peel back that perfect veneer and expose the hidden shitty core.

Sarge034:
I would say it reminds me of the escapist's news, but everything is spelled right and 100% factual in the comic... As for the idea that direct press releases will kill journalism, I say it won't. Only because you're only seeing the gold clad outside of polished turds. A journalist's job is to peel back that perfect veneer and expose the hidden shitty core.

Honestly the fear of direct press releases killing games journalism should tell us what kind of state games journalism is in. If a site is so terrified they'll go out of business from not publishing press releases then they're not even journalists, they're just a third party marketing company.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.