Hitman Review - Artistry in Assassination

Hitman Review - Artistry in Assassination

The new Hitman follows in the footsteps of the original games, but it does it better, with more cinematic flair that's no more evident than in the game's first episode.

Read Full Article

Im having a huge problem though (PC), loadings are taking forever with the first one being around 5 minutes long and whatever I load next simply not loading, anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: Fixed, had to install in my C drive

So with the new "Episodic" content, does each Episode only have one giant level or are there multiple missions in the episode? If I missed it in the review, I apologize but it sounds like it's just one really big sandbox mission rather than different missions in the same place or something similar.

The gameplay I watched didnt look too good. The guy massacred everyone in the level just by staying being cover in the corner of the map. The AI looks horrendous too.

Oh well. Wouldn't have bought the game anyway.

Sounds like fun, but I will wait for the full game before trying. I despise the episodic premise some games use.

One of my favorite things to do was to for go the whole silent assassin crap and just slaughter the entire level in route to my target, being as messy as possible. Particular the Heaven/Hell level in blood money was fun for this.

It was one of the reasons I didn't like absolution's so much.

DudeistBelieve:
One of my favorite things to do was to for go the whole silent assassin crap and just slaughter the entire level in route to my target, being as messy as possible. Particular the Heaven/Hell level in blood money was fun for this.

The only time I ever really did this consistently was that level. I'd take a minigun in and just mow the entire place down, was great fun.

OT - I'm happy to hear that the first episode is good, but I'm tempted to wait for the other episodes before jumping in. I tend to do this with all episodic gaming - especially after the HL2 fiasco.

tippy2k2:
So with the new "Episodic" content, does each Episode only have one giant level or are there multiple missions in the episode? If I missed it in the review, I apologize but it sounds like it's just one really big sandbox mission rather than different missions in the same place or something similar.

Each episode will have its own location with a main target. Once you complete that additional targets open up, kinda like side missions. More of these will be added until the next episode (I'm guessing, they could add more after that but I doubt it.) So basically each location and episode is a giant sandbox with a main quest and a number of side quests.

DudeistBelieve:

I remember doing that on the Pool Party one. Then dumping every body into the pool. Good times.

Opportunities mechanic sounds like easy mode. I'm glad you don't have to use it. Other than that, it's only one mission? Yeah, there's side challenges, but you need to wait (and pay) for more locations and bits of the story. I might pick this up in a "complete" edition, but I'm staying away from these types of piecemeal games passing themselves off as episodic.

Didn't Assassin's Creed Syndicate have those Opportunities for Assassination missions first? Or was it from a previous Hitman game, in some form?

for me the best thing is to wait until 2017 for a complete game, as should be a real game Hitman. For narrative games, I can understand the episodic mode ... but HITMAN ???

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.