Good Bad Flicks: Rats Night of Terror

Rats Night of Terror

And you get a rat, and you get a rat!

Watch Video

How was Gaijin Goombah a rat in this?

Also that was a neat plot twist, but the rest of the movie sounds too weird for me to watch.

...Are we just going to gloss over the fact that the actors in this movie had entire Buckets of Rats thrown at them?
Seriously, how the hell did they get them to agree to this? All it takes is one bite for a shit ton of medical issues and do you know how large rat testicles are?

THEY HAD THEM ON THEIR FACES! Q.Q

WHAT A TWIST!

Oh man this film looks terrible, but that was quite an amusing review. I'm sure there's a way to make a good killer rat movie, but this....yeah.

I suspect this movie would be rather fun to watch while high, though.

If that final reveal happened to me, after all that... I'd probably instantly shoot myself out of shock!
I mean, holy SHIT; that's without a doubt the LAST thing you'd want to see in that situation :O :O :O

That was great. However, given the twist at the end and the fact rats had taken over the Earth, I'm not even going to pretend that the first sentient rat and later the Rat King was D.I.J. from Resident Evil Code: Veronica.

Kenjitsuka:
If that final reveal happened to me, after all that... I'd probably instantly shoot myself out of shock!
I mean, holy SHIT; that's without a doubt the LAST thing you'd want to see in that situation :O :O :O

Yeah I would be laughing mad if that were to happen to me.

CecilT:
Rats Night of Terror

And you get a rat, and you get a rat!

Watch Video

Cecil, I used to own this and Hell of the Living Dead (they were in a set for $20), but I sold them to a comic book shop. Will you ever cover Demons, Zombi 3, or Zombie 4: After Death in the near future?

Wow, that was really bad dubbing. Could they not afford to hire a guy with a mic, or was there too much background noise?

Diablo1099:
...Are we just going to gloss over the fact that the actors in this movie had entire Buckets of Rats thrown at them?
Seriously, how the hell did they get them to agree to this?

A lot of low budget actors went through hell making movies because of the lax restrictions in cinema at the time. That's why there are some that only do a few movies and then retire, one too many buckets of rats.

CoCage:

Cecil, I used to own this and Hell of the Living Dead (they were in set for $20), but I sold them to a comic book shop. Will you ever cover Demons, Zombi 3, or Zombie 4: After Death in the near future?

Hell of the Living Dead will be sometime later in the year. Also, Zombie and the rest of the Zombie lot eventually. Demons definitely and Dr Butcher MD. Not sure the time frame on those but they are on the short list.

008Zulu:
Wow, that was really bad dubbing. Could they not afford to hire a guy with a mic, or was there too much background noise?

They usually recorded in Italian and then dubbed in English way later.

Kenjitsuka:

We're saved! YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! lol :P

This is why I miss practical effects so much: that Rat-Human hybrid thing was creepier than all hell, it would have lost so much creepiness is they had made it CGI (well, if they had CGI back then).

Anyway, another awesome review.

Out of curiosity, do you only review "Good Bad Flicks", or does that also include "So bad they're good flicks"? Things like "Miami Connection", "Riki-Oh", "Birdemic", etc?

Ihateregistering1:
This is why I miss practical effects so much: that Rat-Human hybrid thing was creepier than all hell, it would have lost so much creepiness is they had made it CGI (well, if they had CGI back then).

Out of curiosity, do you only review "Good Bad Flicks", or does that also include "So bad they're good flicks"? Things like "Miami Connection", "Riki-Oh", "Birdemic", etc?

One of the biggest problems with modern CG is they tend to overdo it. So instead of it being a scary rat face, it would be a rat face with an open mouth, its tongue would be flicking around, and its whiskers twitching, etc. It would have too much going on and would look 10x more fake than just a guy in a mask. The best CG is when you don't know its CG and most producers fail to get that. (see the Thing prequel)

I do all kinds of movies from AAA to Z grade exploitation. Miami Connection is on the short list, as is Riki-Oh. I love Birdemic but I'm not sure what I would say about it that hasn't already been said.

CecilT:

Ihateregistering1:

One of the biggest problems with modern CG is they tend to overdo it. So instead of it being a scary rat face, it would be a rat face with an open mouth, its tongue would be flicking around, and its whiskers twitching, etc. It would have too much going on and would look 10x more fake than just a guy in a mask. The best CG is when you don't know its CG and most producers fail to get that. (see the Thing prequel)

I do all kinds of movies from AAA to Z grade exploitation. Miami Connection is on the short list, as is Riki-Oh. I love Birdemic but I'm not sure what I would say about it that hasn't already been said.

I very much look forward to the Riki-Oh review, easily one of my favorite "so bad they're good" movies of all time.

the rats were amazing actors, except that one that ran away.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here