The Life Changing Magic of Being a Douche

Huh, I should get people I dislike self help books for their birthdays.

Also glad to see you guys are still around. I got worried about critical miss when you didn't upload this week.

... alright, yeah, I had a little chuckle there. Well played!

"I Don't Own Clothes and Neither Should You"

Ooh, I think I've got that one.

if erin is so desperate to keep molly away from romantic partners why doesn't she just marry her herself

I was talking to my handbags before it was examined within an aesthetic value judgment of emptying one's living spaces.

I've always likened Kondo's methods to Katamari Damacy. Take all of the things that no longer bring you happiness, roll them up into a ball, and then shoot it all into space, where it will become a star.

I... don't get it.

Is this supposed to mean that Mol has some hording problem?
In that she seems unable to minimize her collection of books on minimalism.

madwarper:
I... don't get it.

Having a large collection of books all on the same thing goes against the concept of minimalism. That's the joke.
Erin is deliberately foiling Mol's attempts at being minimalistic, by buying her all these books.

Grey, you've changed your avatar, and it's unsettling.

I didn't realize Minimalism=Being Single. I always assumed it was simply an artistic movement, and I had no idea it could be applied to the real world.

In the meantime, I shall leave you all with some Minimalist art.

madwarper:
I... don't get it.

The Red Haired Lady has a Boyfriend and Erin doesn't like it so she's trying to break them up. Forgive me for knowing no one's name but the Main Characters.

IceForce:
Having a large collection of books all on the same thing goes against the concept of minimalism. That's the joke.
Erin is deliberately foiling Mol's attempts at being minimalistic, by buying her all these books.

Ok... But, did Mol ever signify a desire to practice minimalism in some previous comic?
I mean, there seems to be a eye twitch in the second panel, so is this something compulsive for Mol to keep them. If that's the case, then it seem more odd than ironic. Or, is this just some level of politeness that you're not supposed toss out gifts that are given to you?

I know my mom gets angry at me when I toss the greeting cards she gives me on various occasions.
- Why did you just throw away that Birthday card away?
- I received it. Opened it. Read it. Enjoyed the sentiment it represents. And now, I'm done with it.
- But, I spent time to find the right card for you.
- I've told you not to. Repeatedly. Stop enabling Hallmark.

Mr.Mattress:
The Red Haired Lady has a Boyfriend and Erin doesn't like it so she's trying to break them up. Forgive me for knowing no one's name but the Main Characters.

Mol and Elliot.

However, if Mol were going to begin to minimizing the people in her life, wouldn't Erin be the first out the door? It would make more sense if she were giving here guides to being single, a strong female don't need no man, or the likes.

mini mol without a nose is kinda weird.

Such confusion in this thread. :O Well for what it's worth I can attest that the interpretation where Erin is deliberately sabotaging Mol's minimalist lifestyle definitely works. Why? Because I have minimalist tendencies myself and so know for a fact this exact thing, albeit by accident, really does happen. >.< Adulthood protip folks: need a gift for someone but don't really know their tastes? Get them something consumeable. That way if they don't like it they can just finish it instead of having to throw it out and feel like an ungrateful, wasteful monster. :S

madwarper:

Mr.Mattress:

Mol and Elliot.

However, if Mol were going to begin to minimizing the people in her life, wouldn't Erin be the first out the door? It would make more sense if she were giving here guides to being single, a strong female don't need no man, or the likes.

Well, I may be wrong. I assumed it was about this because one of the books is "Divorce Your Stuff". That just made the most logical sense to me as to why Erin kept giving Mol books on stuff like that, and assumed Minimalism could be applied to some sort of Modern Culture thing I never heard about until now (I didn't know about 'Safe Spacing' until the South Park episode).

And in Erin's warped logic, it would be Elliot who'd be kicked out first before her.

Mr.Mattress:
Well, I may be wrong. I assumed it was about this because one of the books is "Divorce Your Stuff". That just made the most logical sense to me as to why Erin kept giving Mol books on stuff like that, and assumed Minimalism could be applied to some sort of Modern Culture thing I never heard about until now (I didn't know about 'Safe Spacing' until the South Park episode).

And in Erin's warped logic, it would be Elliot who'd be kicked out first before her.

It's pretty much a given the Erin has been trying to split up Mol and Elliot, but I'm not sure this is part of that.

Because, if Mol had less stuff, then she would have more room. More room for Elliot's stuff. Which would only further embed him in the household.

madwarper:

Mr.Mattress:

It's pretty much a given the Erin has been trying to split up Mol and Elliot, but I'm not sure this is part of that.

Because, if Mol had less stuff, then she would have more room. More room for Elliot's stuff. Which would only further embed him in the household.

I thought that "Stuff" was a metaphor for Elliot. But I am probably wrong.

From the publishers of "Smoke Yourself Thin" and "Get Confident, Stupid!"

madwarper:

Mr.Mattress:

I thought we all know by know Critical Miss Erin is not the best at long-term planning. Or considering the needs of others.

So nobody is really sure what the joke is supposed to be, right?

I mean we have two interpretations by now but neither are funny.

In the interest of balance, i feel it is now necessary to combat this author's damage to people's material collections by writing a book detailing the many virtues of hoarding as much shit as you can, like a kleptomaniac cunt-dragon and ignoring wailing handbags whilst shouting arrogantly at wallets for hiding yet more money. Our battles of wit shall be glorious! Although, a symbiotic relationship may emerge when we realise that she could just hand over all her possessions to me to sit smugly upon. Balance. Must. Be. Maintained!

Caramel Frappe:
Erin's doing this evil deed to Molly and she likes her ... can't imagine how she'd handle someone if Erin hated them.

Throw an XBox at their head?

...no, wait, that's another thing she's done to someone she likes.

Xsjadoblayde:
In the interest of balance, i feel it is now necessary to combat this author's damage to people's material collections by writing a book detailing the many virtues of hoarding as much shit as you can, like a kleptomaniac cunt-dragon and ignoring wailing handbags whilst shouting arrogantly at wallets for hiding yet more money. Our battles of wit shall be glorious! Although, a symbiotic relationship may emerge when we realise that she could just hand over all her possessions to me to sit smugly upon. Balance. Must. Be. Maintained!

Books on survivalism?

The Enquirer:

If I may suggest your first title to gift...

I think that sends a subtle yet important message.

Mikeybb:

The Enquirer:

If I may suggest your first title to gift...

I think that sends a subtle yet important message.

I think this general topic warrants a thread of its own.

madwarper:

IceForce:

Ok... But, did Mol ever signify a desire to practice minimalism in some previous comic?
I mean, there seems to be a eye twitch in the second panel, so is this something compulsive for Mol to keep them. If that's the case, then it seem more odd than ironic. Or, is this just some level of politeness that you're not supposed toss out gifts that are given to you?

I know my mom gets angry at me when I toss the greeting cards she gives me on various occasions.
- Why did you just throw away that Birthday card away?
- I received it. Opened it. Read it. Enjoyed the sentiment it represents. And now, I'm done with it.
- But, I spent time to find the right card for you.
- I've told you not to. Repeatedly. Stop enabling Hallmark.

Well, that's my interpretation of it. Someone is unlikely to bin 'gifts' gifted to them by someone who lives in the very same house as them.

I could be completely wrong, though. I have a nasty habit of completely misinterpreting CM strips unless the joke and explanation is spelled out and used to beat me over the head.

Let me guess: There's only ONE book about professional hoarding? Fucking irony, yo...

Other than that, I'd rather read The Importance of Being Earnest retold by Jane Austin...

Nobody wants to hear you talking about your bag...

Caramel Frappe:
Erin's doing this evil deed to Molly and she likes her ... can't imagine how she'd handle someone if Erin hated them.

She ran over the father of Mol's child with a lawnmower after he left her.

IceForce:
"I Don't Own Clothes and Neither Should You"

Ooh, I think I've got that one.

I wrote it. Unfortunately, I don't talk to my handbag, so I was never all that successful.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here