Heroes Are Born, Not Made

Heroes Are Born, Not Made

Hey what's a good motivation for a main cha- REVENGE!!!.

Read Full Article

Look on the bright side, kiddo, at least your uncaring parents will be brutally murdered to justify your one-man genocide quest.

I see the Tweets finally ended up in a joke somewhere. With the amount of tweets Gray made shitting on the game, one would think he actually enjoyed it.

The Wooster:
Read Full Article

Why isn't the TV antenna made of guns?

That's not what they said in Megamind...

I just heard the mom's voice as that of Dr. Mrs. The Monarch from The Venture Brothers.

Just eight visible guns in the second panel?!
No wonder he turned out like that....

Bet he loves moms homemade bullet-cake, though!

why does the kids tshirt doesnt have a gun on it?

Why isn't the cake batter made of guns?
this is a fun game

I've only seen the trailers myself, but I totally laughed because that is exactly the impression I got from just 60 seconds of watching the cutscenes.

"Now son we've been over this. You're going to be a video game protagonist just like your father before you and your grandfather before him going all the way back to Dig Dug."

The parents should just let the kid grow up to be some faceless NPC who hands out fetch quests.

An "accountant"? Of WHAT?? "Not Guns"???? INCONCEIVABLE!!!!

Other than that, what didn't Littlefinger do this time?

Darth_Payn:
I just heard the mom's voice as that of Dr. Mrs. The Monarch from The Venture Brothers.

Plot Twist: They are all voice by Dr. Mrs. The Monarch!

I died at the Gun Floorlamp.

The Wooster:
There are some really interesting characters in Quantum Break, the lead character just isn't one of them.

The strip makes it look like a reluctant hero. Is it such an overused trope in videogames? Err... nevermind.

Man, this reminds me of that one Hitman animation were 47 plays every single characters in the short, even the person he's killing XD

canadamus_prime:
"Now son we've been over this. You're going to be a video game protagonist just like your father before you and your grandfather before him going all the way back to Dig Dug."

Nah, Dig Dug's kids aren't really into guns. They're into drills.

JCAll:

canadamus_prime:

Nah, Dig Dug's kids aren't really into guns. They're into drills.

You never know. "Drills aren't cool Dad. We're into guns."

This comic is a concept for a strip in its own right.

"Herc Gunfist just wanted to pursue his dream job as a quantity surveyor but life, a fleet of invading Strognarians and his status as a main character just had to get in the way..."

...maybe I'll just read "the punchline is machismo" instead.

Good comic as always and true of far too many games.
Dull central casting.
Then again, I'd rather be surrounded by interesting characters and be a personality void cipher than be surrounded by npc blanks.
It's usually the npcs I'm interested in over the main character anyway.

Unless they're the quirky/comedy character.
Some peoples idea of how to do that makes me want to ball up my fist, aim at my monitor and just punch and punch and punch...

gact:
why does the kids tshirt doesnt have a gun on it?

I think his shirt is supposed to be a bean. "Bean Counter" being a nickname for accountants here in the good ol' USA.

Was the comic a reference to "You're all zombies" by Heinlein? Where the main character though time travel ends up being his mother, father, mentor and infant doughter.

Yeah, that was one of his weirder works.

So you just made the NRA's wetdream version of Leave It To Beaver.

How do they still hate videogames?

I think this is the alternate universe where Max Payne finally ends up settling down and has a child... And a deeply scarred wife.

Why did you have to pick a title so goddamn unintentionally antagonistic towards FE5

I call bullcrap. That guy does not have brown hair.

MarsAtlas:
So you just made the NRA's wetdream version of Leave It To Beaver.

How do they still hate videogames?

They love video games. It's a (Or at least it was until very recently) convenient scapegoat for a variety of real life gun violence scenarios that are totally caused by vague feedbackless interactive media as opposed to irresponsible gun owners.

Besides that, thanks for the webcomic. I lost it at the gun coaster myself.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here