#108: Duel

I don't think it's something he should worry about either.

EDIT: This one had some really nice art, by the way.

Oh, Gunny is gonna fuck him UP.

I hope they do something daft like he does overexaggerated combat moves like in any JapanRPG and Gunny just kicks him in the balls mid moves and they we switch to the army and rebels faces of horror as more and more sound effects are printed each scene "off screen" as it were.

Ryallen:
Oh, Gunny is gonna fuck him UP.

Of course, it's only the first encounter.

KaraFang:
I hope they do something daft like he does overexaggerated combat moves like in any JapanRPG and Gunny just kicks him in the balls mid moves and they we switch to the army and rebels faces of horror as more and more sound effects are printed each scene "off screen" as it were.

I reckon he's going twirl around for a bit, then thrust at Gunny and break his sword on Gunnys' two inch thick titanium alloy chest.

Game of Thrones flashback in 3...2...1...

Unwinnable boss fight incoming.

Bad Jim:

KaraFang:

I reckon he's going twirl around for a bit, then thrust at Gunny and break his sword on Gunnys' two inch thick titanium alloy chest.

It's definitely going to be this...

General Torg:

...or this. Can't decide which one to put my money on. :3

So... we don't have to worry about what's going to happen if he wins, because there's no chance he's going to win?

Solkard:
So... we don't have to worry about what's going to happen if he wins, because there's no chance he's going to win?

I think it's more insinuating that Gunny won't survive if he loses.

I hope they go with Gunny whipping his ass. I hate the damn trope of these assholes showing up and being unbeatable during the first encounter.

I like how gunny has gone from struggling to to the right thing in his own game to offering himself for the safety of the hostages. That's some good old fashioned heroics right there.

Hang on a minute! Silver hair? Love for duelling? The sexiest, most fashionable person in any group of people at amy time? Appearantly Demon lord Ghirahim had a son

I'm guessing Erin and the healer chick will arrive since they weren't tied up in this comic. No idea what's gonna happen then though.

Well, it's Sephiroth and he's acting really cool and suave... So I'm hoping Gunny wins so Daedalus can come back later as a total nutjob looking to blow up the planet for mommy. Thus, the real threat was created by our heroes themselves when they pushed a prettyboy villain over the edge.

General Torg:

unless its supposed to be that and gunny just keeps beating the poor man saying "WHY WONT YOU DIE!"

"Dun, dun, DUUUUUUN!!!"

Can't wait to see the next part. Great to read there will be 4 updates a week now!!!! :D

General Torg:

For the bad guy.

Uber super double tailwhip mega strike!
Tonk
No damage

My Titanium carapace armour is impervious to conventional bladed weapons, also, my suit's shields are operating at optimum efficiency.

PUNCH!!!-one bad guys flying across the street hair majestically floating in the breeze.

You weapons and armour are poorly implemented.

So... It will be settled by playing a children's card game?

Other than that, how can hostages be boring if you never monologue to their face?

The monk dropped the hair. THE MONK DROPPED THE HAIR!

You all know what's going to happen...

Darth_Payn:
The monk dropped the hair. THE MONK DROPPED THE HAIR!

That is the midieval jrpg equivalent of dropping the mic.

I'd like to dress in that flamboyant militarist manner. Is that wrong?

No, no no. If you're going to have a Daedalus encounter, you need some FMV of Tia Carrere in a cheap sci-fi production.

...Wow... That reference makes me feel old.

Oh shit, this strip is getting four updates a week now? I'm a little surprised how happy that makes me.

I'm completely expecting the next panel to be Gunny nonchalantly punching Daedalus' skeleton across the room.

General Torg:

That's ok, I'll just beat the game and start a new game + with my OP characters.

...Ohh.

I feel like Gunny's been stabbed by worse in lethal spots.

I just hope gunny rips off Daedelus' arm, and beats him with the wet end.

Anyone else gets the feeling those three who got caught are going to be replaced with Erin, Rad and Gunny? Meaning, even when Gunny wins, Daedalus won't keep his word.

I like that Gunny can already tell that the rebels don't pose a threat to SHARD. "Yeah, these guys are idiots, don't worry about them."

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here