#112: Aftermath

#112: Aftermath

"He must be dead. No one can survive that much dust."

Read Full Article

So is Gunny just a hollow power armor? o_O

Poor Gunny. If only he had had the most OP final fantasy weapon of all time... the Blitzball.

The Philistine:

The number of times we've seen him bleed would indicate otherwise. :P

That blast just totally knocked him out. Big Bad Kefkujaroth of the Void will probably have someone mind-control him until the others can save him.

'tis only a flesh wound!

That first line got maybe the most hysterical laugh from me the series has ever done. Don't look at me; I can't explain it either.

Man, Gunny must be chillin' or something... Dramatic smoke be damned!

Other than that, if you're alive, then what makes you think he isn't?

Tanis:
'tis only a flesh wound!

What about the bones? ;p

OT: Well, we know why Gunny is alive, but I wonder why sword dude is sill standing.

Probably something to do with crystals. ;p

Well that is pretty brutal indeed. And god i love this series. And now , it's even more amazing how often these come out. Great stuff, great stuff.

"Hurk" is not how anyone finishes that pun.
No wonder that guy is a generic soldier.
The correct pun is "A Hand".
(Also an arm but that pun only works if he needs Arm & Hammer.)

Imp Emissary:

Tanis:
'tis only a flesh wound!

What about the bones? ;p

OT: Well, we know why Gunny is alive, but I wonder why sword dude is sill standing.

Probably something to do with crystals. ;p

Gunny's arm was forced backwards by the thrust of the blade while daedalus stretched out his body for the thrust. the explosion was closer to gunny but took daedalus's arm with it. in anime the effects of strikes, explosions and gunshots is usually tuned down so that the fights can last longer and/or include more spectacular moves

And so ends the kind of fight you only see in cutscenes that you WISH you could play through. You know, the kind they use in the game's commercials, instead of showing you any real gameplay.

Looks like Gunny's hand blew up,and the stump got cauterized. Bah,he's survived worse. He's either knocked out/rendered comatose,or he's faking it.

Riddle78:
Looks like Gunny's hand blew up,and the stump got cauterized. Bah,he's survived worse. He's either knocked out/rendered comatose,or he's faking it.

This is a JRPG we're talking about.
He's alive and will be brainwashed leading to a fight with the main party. There's a 30% chance it turns out his captors are on the good side after all.

10-20 strips later, Gunny returns with a weapon for arm.

It look like those two are within an arm reach!

Well it look like those two got something in common!

RJ 17:

The Philistine:

Ketchup packets. Thousands and thousands of ketchup packets.

SPOILER: Gunny is actually a futuristic condiment refrigerator whose AI went rogue and was recruited by the military.

Well, it would appear that both Daedalus and Gunny have been...... disarmed! "Crickets" I'll show myself out.

Hmm, he lost an arm, the badguy lost an arm....very Barret and Dyne...

Gunny's weirdly reckless.

Owlslayer:
Well that is pretty brutal indeed. And god i love this series. And now , it's even more amazing how often these come out. Great stuff, great stuff.

Yeah, I was just wondering how we came from laughing while Rad was shot with an ineffective machinegun, but now we are watching them blow each others limbs off in hand-to-tank combat.

Shit got real, fast.

Not half bad, seeing as he was facing off against a JRPG villain. Half the time it turns out their God.

Lets give Gunny a round of applause.

The Rogue Wolf:

RJ 17:

The Philistine:

Ketchup packets. Thousands and thousands of ketchup packets.

SPOILER: Gunny is actually a futuristic condiment refrigerator whose AI went rogue and was recruited by the military.

Whatever he is: I want to see his Limit Break where he calls down a drop-pod to squash a random target. :3

Gunny should have blood stains on his helmet to indicate how much he's hurt.

...No, it doesn't matter whether his head that was damaged or not.

Cool HAT! No... NOOooooooo! *sobs* You were too beautiful for this world!

He doesn't seem to be following standard soldier operating procedure anymore.

heh heh that's a pretty good joke, Gunny, but seriously, stop playing around, we gots places to go.

Look man, I get; you've gotten pretty good at playing dead, but come on! Move it.

Fuck, Gunny, stop messing around! It stopped being funny panels ago! Just get up already! Just get up! Get up...

Well... He did manage to disarm the enemy, atleast.

Edit: whoops, missed the joke the first time I read this thread. Sorry :(

Dramatic smoke? What? You see a fucking bomb exploding and your first instinct is to think that it's there just for the presentation?

What is that even supposed to satirize?

Darth_Payn:
And so ends the kind of fight you only see in cutscenes that you WISH you could play through. You know, the kind they use in the game's commercials, instead of showing you any real gameplay.

Not gonna lie...I'd probably buy the game.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here