Popstar - Never Stop Never Stopping - It's Lonely on the Island

Popstar - Never Stop Never Stopping - It's Lonely on the Island

Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping looked disastrous, but it wound up being one of the funnier movies of the year.

Read Full Article

Huh, well that's a surprisingly good review. From the trailers this didn't look any better than a Will Ferrell movie.

Unless I'm watching this with my entourage, I ain't watching myself alone on this one...

Other than that, anything that Judd's attached to must be worth watching regardless...

Hmm. Every comedy i have ever enjoyed all had really terrible trailers. Every comedy i didn't enjoy all had terrible trailers. You just can't sell a good comedy by cherry picking 5 second gags for attention deficit observers. It is the inherent failure of the comedy trailer. Having said that, i haven't seen this trailer. But no doubt it will follow the same predestined rule. Marketing sucks, and even when it doesn't, it still sucks on a deeper level. Well, there are always exceptions. Nothing is absolute other than mathematics, Probably. Hang on, where am i again?

Xsjadoblayde:
Hang on, where am i again?

You're in a coma as you gradually transform into a 650lb grizzly bear. It's a dreamlike combination of your memories and imagination. I'm the logical center of your brain, struggling to comprehend reality and trying to get you to WAKE UP! WAKE UP, STEVE, WAKE UP!

I do agree with your point about trailers, though I'd say it applies to all movie trailers. Bad movies will try to frontload what they consider the "best" moments in the movie;

like in the "Batman V Superman" trailers,

By comparison, "The Dark Knight" trailer was much more restrained. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PZpmTj1Q8Q

Though I was a bit disappointed the article wasn't about a new Kirby game, but Popstar does look promising. The Lonely Island "crew" seem perfect for directing a "Spinal Tap"-ish movie. They damn well know how to make music videos that make my chest hurt from laughter. OFC that's just me, I'm sure plenty of people dislike "Like a Boss" or "I'm on a Boat", because everyone has different opinions on comedy, and those people are objectively wrong.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here