Good Bad Flicks: Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

Because testing science on yourself never goes wrong.

Watch Video

Not to forget, that George Eastman also was the friggi?n Maneater, in Joe D?Amato?s infamous Cannibal Flick of the same name.

Can't get the video to work

I thoughts that this was going to be a review of the other 1990 movie called Metamorphosis, in which a scientist slowly turns into a monster.

Vanilla ISIS:
I thoughts that this was going to be a review of the other 1990 movie called Metamorphosis, in which a scientist slowly turns into a monster.

"That won't be necessary, Doc-tor."

One of the things that always brings a smile to my face is the way these movies manage to find people who deliver their lines worse than a 3rd grade play. It is one of the truly magnificent things in life to listen to stilted banter between characters with nonsensical motivations delivered as if they were aliens wearing men-suits.

OT: I'm just amazed they were able to keep the boom mic out of the frame. Also, insert a long rant about how shitty, low budget movies with practical effects look so much more amazing than low budget films with CGI monsters. Yeah, I'm that guy.

This is one I rented back when I was a kid doing his best to ruin yet another family VCR. Thankfully, my parents were amazing and had no compunction about not only allowing me to watch stuff that was waaaaaay out of what most parents would let a ten year old watch but also took me to the drive-in to see things like Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elmstreet and one of my favorites of all time, the AMAZING 1988 remake of The Blob. If it was my dad it was boobs and violence, like Conan or Rbobocop and if was my mom it was Fright Night or Gremlins or House or Creepshow.

Edit: Oh, hey! Hey Cecil! I've not watched the whole backlog of Good Bad Flicks yet but if you've not done it already, could you do DeepStar Six or Leviathan? Fucking love both those movies, though they may be too high budget for the theme of your series. Just a thought!

The most scientific science I have tested on myself is checking to see if the milk has expired. And I haven't turned in to an indestructible lizard yet.

Gorrath:

Edit: Oh, hey! Hey Cecil! I've not watched the whole backlog of Good Bad Flicks yet but if you've not done it already, could you do DeepStar Six or Leviathan? Fucking love both those movies, though they may be too high budget for the theme of your series. Just a thought!

I did Leviathan on the Escapist as an Exploring episode. Great movie. I did Deep Star Six as one of my infamous "missing" episodes. I'm in the process of redoing a bunch of them. I'm waiting for the Blu of DS6.

I had the pleasure of meeting Sean S Cunningham a few years back and chatted with him about DS6. He was overjoyed because no one ever wanted to talk about it, all they wanted to do was ask about Friday the 13th. Really great guy.

CecilT:

Gorrath:

I did Leviathan on the Escapist as an Exploring episode. Great movie. I did Deep Star Six as one of my infamous "missing" episodes. I'm in the process of redoing a bunch of them. I'm waiting for the Blu of DS6.

I had the pleasure of meeting Sean S Cunningham a few years back and chatted with him about DS6. He was overjoyed because no one ever wanted to talk about it, all they wanted to do was ask about Friday the 13th. Really great guy.

Neat, I'll go digging since Leviathan is one of my favorite horror movies of all time. That arm-eel still gets me to this day and that merged body flailing around in the body bag is one of my favorite all time effects. Leviathan has some of the best body horror of any movie I've ever seen. I know some people compare it to The Thing, but I don't think that's fair; the whole movie stands on its own.

Also, getting to meet Cunningham must have been a real treat. I know the guys who do famous work probably get sick and tired of people geeking out over them but I'd love to corner him and rave over DS6. Since you've got him on speed dial, maybe you can get him to sign a DS6 movie poster for me while you're over at his place for christmas!

Huh, I just fund your IMDb entry. Good Bad Flicks has been going since 2010? How the hell did I miss that? Looks like I've got about 350 episodes to watch. Holy hell, no point in me offering suggestions for episodes until I tackle this backlog. You've probably done every niche horror flick I ever rented as a kid already!

Hey, you should really someday do a video on Steve Miner`s lovely 80?s Flick "House".
Could be a double feature with the second one, wich despite of being quite different, is very entertaining too.

This one was great. I havent laughed so hard watching one of your videos in a long time.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here