Half Vive

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Half Vive

Let's not get too crazy here.

Read Full Article

Is it just me or does the new artist make Erin's face look incredibly creepy?

Half Life 3 a VR exclusive? You heard it here first.

Dalisclock:

Was that not the point? Though I dont see anything creepy about pretending you are being served various foods by hunky, half-naked men.

Are those guys getting paid? How much does a Grecian urn?
I hope everybody gets paid in fingers. Seeing 3-fingered people still creeps me out.

I prefer Oculus Thrift over Half Vive.

Dalisclock:

She looks ugly as hell.

You don't even fucking play it, you just... have it.
That's the game.

93/100 on Metacritic

I miss the old art style :(

Just change for the sake of change :P

Also Half Life 3 may have the potential to be the most dissipointing game since Mass Effect 3 and Ultima 9.

And STOP PUTTING THE SECOND GAME ATOP A FUCKIN PEDESTAL!!!!

There are other FPS games that eclipses Half Life 2, like STALKER and Deus Ex 1. Heck Half Life 1 is better than 2.

Dalisclock:

You are not the only one. You are never the only one. Especially on that point. Her eyes in the first panel are all wrong.

008Zulu:
Half Life 3 a VR exclusive? You heard it here first.

Considering Valve's policies, probably not.

Oh jeez, I hadn't even noticed there was a new artist in our midst until THIS page. I... Um... Hm.
What happened to the old one anyways? A falling out or something?

Elvis Starburst:
Oh jeez, I hadn't even noticed there was a new artist in our midst until THIS page. I... Um... Hm.

Pretty sure the old artist is just doing Erin Dies Alone right now.

Elvis Starburst:

They changed hands over a month ago, and it's only temporary: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/critical-miss/17041-Erin-Stout-Password-Mystery

Mad Sun:

Elvis Starburst:

They changed hands over a month ago, and it's only temporary: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/critical-miss/17041-Erin-Stout-Password-Mystery

Ah, ok, cool

I mean, the half life series has a history of being used by valve to demonstrate its advances in tech so the idea that 3 would be made now in order to display the tech leap to VR isn't that far fetched. I personally find the series to be massively overrated so it doesn't really matter to me

Bob_McMillan:

Dalisclock:

Was that not the point? Though I dont see anything creepy about pretending you are being served various foods by hunky, half-naked men.

I think he meant just in general.

Bad Jim:

Dalisclock:

You are not the only one. You are never the only one. Especially on that point. Her eyes in the first panel are all wrong.

Yep, she's creepy looking in all 3 panels. Even in the 2nd one, with the VR goggles covering half her face.

Who doesn't look creepy with those blocks of plastic over the top half of your face? I fear of my skull eventually reshaping itself from overuse of VR visors.

Besides, never look at Erin Stout as cute, never ever.

Samtemdo8:
Also Half Life 3 may have the potential to be the most dissipointing game since Mass Effect 3 and Ultima 9.

Without doubt, it will be the most disappointing game of all time.

There are other FPS games that eclipses Half Life 2, like STALKER and Deus Ex 1. Heck Half Life 1 is better than 2.

I will not. I've played Half-Life 1 and 2. The first game is good, I'd give a B+. However, at it's core, it's basically Doom. The second game is vastly superior to the first, as well it should be. Valve had six years to refine the formula.

STALKER would have been a contender if it weren't for the fact that Shadow of Chernobyl is a broken mess of a game. You need a mod to make the game work like it's intended and that is simply unacceptable. Clear Sky was bugged to hell and basically unplayable. Call of Pripyat was good, but something of a let down.

I have not played Deus Ex, but if I am to believe the nostalgia surrounding it, then you may have a point with that one.

I won't claim that Half-Life 2 is the best game ever, because that's subjective and there are a host of games that I like more than Half-Life 2. However, I found the game to be excellent, mechanically sound with reasonably compelling story. So, in response, stop telling other people what to like.

I refuse to believe there would be even that much about Half-Life 3 from Valve. Who gave Erin a hacked Vive?

The new art looks great... Except Erin. She looks like somebody is trying to hard. And why the hell is her nose always brown???? Is it inside out and casting a shadow over itself?

Or is it JUST SHIT?

Ironman126:
I have not played Deus Ex, but if I am to believe the nostalgia surrounding it, then you may have a point with that one.

Ugh... don't believe the nostalgia around it. It's about a single step better than Half Life 1, or possibly a step down if you like momentum. That game moved SLOWLY.

Huh... The only bright side I can think of is that at least there's more than one VR headset existing in this day and age...

Other than that, who else wants to play Retrieving A Real Copy Of Half-Life 3: The VR Experience?

lacktheknack:

Ironman126:

Ugh... don't believe the nostalgia around it. It's about a single step better than Half Life 1, or possibly a step down if you like momentum. That game moved SLOWLY.

Egh, I don't know. I liked it 'back in the day' but, ooph, that game does not hold up well. Conceptually, for its time, it was pretty damned cool and innovative. But mechanically (and even narrative-wise) it was, um, clunky is probably the nicer way to put it.

It's probably verboten to say this, but....DX:HR was better in almost every way.

<.<

Theres art that is a specific or special style and then theres just lack of it. I disliked this "style" from the start but wanted to give it a honest and fair chance, however the more i see of it the more obvious it is that its less of a choice and more of a attempt to mask a lack of talent/skill/practice. This isnt a choice its just purely bad art. Im sorry to be blunt but i fail to see any reedeming factors in it, its exaggerated "style" is simply, in my opinion, a bad attempt at masking a lack of skill to do it "properly". When do we get a proper artist back again? CM is one of few things that interest me nowadays on escapist and if this keeps up that will slip away as well tbh, just compare CM with EDA and thers a huge qualitative difference with all style choice aside.

How many of these headsets are there? They haven't even come out yet, and the markets already oversaturated. And they're damn expensive.

Samtemdo8:
I miss the old art style :(

Just change for the sake of change :P

See, I usually tend to sweep unilateral statements under the rug. This one, though? This one frustrated me. You're implying that some people's personal choice of what qualifies a good game is somehow wrong because you've decided that Half-Life 2 doesn't live up to your standards.

As for the art style change being petty, I think you'll recall hearing Carter mention that he and Rydell wanted to focus on Erin Dies Alone. Again, it's probably more convenient or comfortable to imagine that Grey changed artists because of some petty artistic fling.

Also, concerning Half-Life 3? Forget about it. Forget about it the way we've all forgotten Duke Nukem Forever. If it shows up, it shows up. If it's decent, it'll be decent. If not? Eh, it's not like the industry hasn't survived its share of disappointments.

GrumpyPirate:
Theres art that is a specific or special style and then theres just lack of it. I disliked this "style" from the start but wanted to give it a honest and fair chance, however the more i see of it the more obvious it is that its less of a choice and more of a attempt to mask a lack of talent/skill/practice. This isnt a choice its just purely bad art. Im sorry to be blunt but i fail to see any reedeming factors in it, its exaggerated "style" is simply, in my opinion, a bad attempt at masking a lack of skill to do it "properly". When do we get a proper artist back again? CM is one of few things that interest me nowadays on escapist and if this keeps up that will slip away as well tbh, just compare CM with EDA and thers a huge qualitative difference with all style choice aside.

Hey I'm just going to try and nip this in the bud. The new art style is DIFFERENT, please just acknowledge that. It is not worse, it is not bad, and it certainly is not unskilled. You just don't like it, and I am addressing everyone that is bashing the new art here, not just you. There is no such thing as bad art, all art is subjective. Do you like cubism? Regardless of your answer, does that make it bad? Niall MacGiolla is a very skilled artist and I'm sure they have heard their fair share of naysayers so I don't need to defend them but I wanted to say something.

Keep up the good work Niall and Grey, I'm enjoying both comic strips on here.

Johnny Novgorod:

Dalisclock:

She looks ugly as hell.

That's the whole point I assume.

Isn't Eerin actually you know.... a creep?

If anything, I was confused by how the old artist, despite how very good as he is, made her look waaaay too cute.

Incidentally, it reminds me..... I'm sure I have already seen a comic about Erin using virtual reality to imagine herself surrounded by hunks?

WinterWyvern:

Johnny Novgorod:

Dalisclock:

She looks ugly as hell.

I thought the point was she was these guys' own personal Yes Man Woman/Manic Pixie Dream Girl/Vivian James.

Johnny Novgorod:

WinterWyvern:

Johnny Novgorod:

She looks ugly as hell.

I thought the point was she was these guys' own personal Yes Man Woman/Manic Pixie Dream Girl/Vivian James.

I assumed Erin was a gender-swapped version of the writer.

Did the comic get delayed or something? I don't think they posted an update this week...

It's pretty darn worrying that both the comics have stopped updating for a while now, and no word from the authors. I know the whole site situation aint looking great overall, but damn i really enjoy both Critical Miss and Erin Dies Alone.

Owlslayer:
It's pretty darn worrying that both the comics have stopped updating for a while now, and no word from the authors. I know the whole site situation aint looking great overall, but damn i really enjoy both Critical Miss and Erin Dies Alone.

I actually checked the twitter and he was talking about a Wisdom Tooth extraction, that and I think he's also getting a Hugo award or something so that might be it.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here