Judging By The Cover: Judging Power Rangers

Judging Power Rangers

Judging Power Rangers by the cover.

Watch Video

Is it just me, or does the red ranger look a little bit like Lord Zedd?

Fuck this is going to be a terrible film. It looks like the DVD box cover for some wanky, hipster coming of age drama starring models in their late 20s pretending to be high school students.

I want to watch people in brightly coloured lycra jump-kick alien monster crab people and then do the exact same thing again but Godzilla-sized. IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK FOR!

K12:
Fuck this is going to be a terrible film. It looks like the DVD box cover for some wanky, hipster coming of age drama starring models in their late 20s pretending to be high school students.

I want to watch people in brightly coloured lycra jump-kick alien monster crab people and then do the exact same thing again but Godzilla-sized. IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK FOR!

Hear, hear. I managed to solve my woes with Chroma Squad during the Steam Summer Sale. Exactly what we want, plus tactical sprite combat!

... They're rebooting Power Rangers?

Adding lips to 90's kids shows is a great way to show that you don't know what the fuck you're doing. Or this is one big ploy for a Power Rangers vs TMNT crossover contest involving kissing.

RJ Dalton:

Part of me is expecting a plot twist where Lord Zedd use to be a Power Ranger....

Those costumes look ridiculous. I mean the Power Rangers outfits always looked silly, but even by those standards these outfits looks plain stupid.

Who asked for this? Because I sure didn't. Yeah, I liked them as a kid, but somehow grew out of it, fully recognizing I still watch almost anything labelled TRANSFORMERS.

K12:

I have a bad feeling those suits will be CGI, edited in post.

Jacked Assassin:

RJ Dalton:

Part of me is expecting a plot twist where Lord Zedd use to be a Power Ranger....

There doesn't seem to be a Zedd in the movie, but Rita's costume seems similar to the rangers costumes, so there are a few theorys going around that she might have been an ex-ranger.

The original shows were god-awful bad. I don't see how this could possibly be any worse. Or...i'd rather not see. If they have a modernised giant mech inner city battle scene with modern graphical technology, I would be a little curious for that alone. But nothing else...it's just so bad.

canadamus_prime:
Those costumes look ridiculous. I mean the Power Rangers outfits always looked silly, but even by those standards these outfits looks plain stupid.

For some reason. I can't help but think they look like neon stormtrooper armor, down to the whole "plastic bits held on by straps atop full body clothing".

Ruisu:

Jacked Assassin:

RJ Dalton:

There doesn't seem to be a Zedd in the movie, but Rita's costume seems similar to the rangers costumes, so there are a few theorys going around that she might have been an ex-ranger.

I thought Rita looked more like a green version of Scorpina. Though I'd have no problems with her turning out to be the Green Power Ranger.

I would like to extend a formal apology to all those whom I made fun of while Hollywood had their way with their favorite nostalgic, childhood memories for the sake of cash.

I now know how it feels, it feels bad man. It feels bad.

EDIT: Fuck it, after looking at their costumes a little more, I'm pissed now. WHY ARE THEY WEARING ARMOR? Their costumes were made of clothe/rubber so that the actors could actually move around in them. These look restrictive as fuck, which means we're going to get a lot of the awkward fighting that punctuated Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. FUCK. Not everything needs to be Master Chief, hollywood.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.