#128 Red Alert

#128 Red Alert

They do have fleas.

Read Full Article

Black box is the best character so far

I think Erin being awake would be completely fitting, she is the Player Character after all, even when you're stunned/unconcious/suspended you still see the game going.

Her sitting there with a 'can we please get on with this?' expression would be perfect.

A likely story. I know you Doctorpus, there is something particularly depraved going on under that black bar, mark my words.

Please don't fix the black box. I laughed so hard when I saw it and I don't even know why.

So can we please just see what was under the black box? I imagine a startled "someone is throwing a panda at me" face. Which seems pretty okay.

"Why is there a big black box on today's comic?"

I figured that was her lower end shown, and you decided to go with a hentai spoof gag...

There is a distinct lack of Kirov airships.

#ArtisticIntegrity

Other than that, I guess Erin's eyes looked like boobs upon reflection...

And here I thought the black box was to 'censor' Erin's face since she's 'dead', and they didn't want Rad to know.

Also, why is she looking like someone just drowned her goldfish in the first panel?

Rad standing underneath that sheet is probably going to get them caught even if they weren't the cause of the Red Alert.

fix-the-spade:
I think Erin being awake would be completely fitting, she is the Player Character after all, even when you're stunned/unconcious/suspended you still see the game going.

Her sitting there with a 'can we please get on with this?' expression would be perfect.

Or petrified, frozen in time -- oh that's suspended. Derp.

I'm reminded of Dragon Quest and having a coffin with the dead party member following you around.

The Wooster:
Poor communication on my part let an error sneak into today's strip. Erin is awake in panel 2, when she's obviously not supposed to be awake on account of the spooky death juice she imbibed a few strips earlier

I was wondering what that black square was all about.

Should've been titled, "Rad Alert".

And here I was hoping the black box meant there was Rad on Erin action and an uncut version would be released through discreet channels.

hittite:
There is a distinct lack of Kirov airships.

Scunner:
And here I was hoping the black box meant there was Rad on Erin action and an uncut version would be released through discreet channels.

Now that we are all on the same page, how can we force the author to carry out our sick fantasies?! That black box leaves too much to the imagination and I demand that what is under it is what I want it to be! XD

Man, I was expecting red alert and I was all excited for red alert but then I got just red alert and I was like "man."

Naturally Sound:

fix-the-spade:

Or petrified, frozen in time -- oh that's suspended. Derp.

I'm reminded of Dragon Quest and having a coffin with the dead party member following you around.

I remember that one Assassin's Creed: Syndicate mission with Jacob Frye pretending to be a cadaver in the Lambeth Asylum, to get closer to the doctor running the place in order to kill him.

I must be in a weird phase of my life, because all I could think off was: "Aw, Rad and Erin get to cuddle!"

Fix it or keep the black box, I'm cool either way.
It works since people cover the dead's face out of respect/not wanting to see that.

The Wooster:
This strip is already behind schedule, so I'm putting it up as is, but we'll be editing the panel in the next couple of days.

This is NOT a dig. I am honestly curious...
Are you guys still trying to do the 4 comics a week schedule? That tagline has gone away and I know there have been conventions and teeth to deal with. But, since this is your content (not The Escapist's) and I don't think you have any real contractual obligation to meet a schedule, how can a comic be behind schedule?

I thought Rad was doing something inapropriate with Erins face....
Apparently it was something else

KarmaTheAlligator:
And here I thought the black box was to 'censor' Erin's face since she's 'dead', and they didn't want Rad to know.

Yeah, this is what I thought too. One of those "censor the dead body before airing it on TV" things turned into a gag.

Hey, Grey, you ever gonna put the un-fixed version on your twitter or someting? I'd love to see Erin's "Why is Rad here, what the fuck are you all doing?" expression.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here