#129: And Away

If your sword is that blunt why not just carry a mace or hammer?
Oh wait, JRPG

Ziggy:
If your sword is that blunt why not just carry a mace or hammer?
Oh wait, JRPG

Or Soul Calibur

No gushing blood or dismemberment. Good old JRPG weapons. Or any RPG weapons I guess. Nice to see Not-Cloud stepping up to defend Vampire Fluttershy.

I know this storyline parodies jrpg tropes and all, but I feel it'd been neater if it subverted the whole 'bigass fucking sword doesn't crush and maim people' and worked more like the Berserk sword, which most definitely does those things. And then have adorkable girl cower in a corner, horrified at seeing her compatriot gruesomely splatter a bunch of mooks all over the room.

Chimpzy:
I know this storyline parodies jrpg tropes and all, but I feel it'd been neater if it subverted the whole 'bigass fucking sword doesn't crush and maim people' and worked more like the Berserk sword, which most definitely does those things. And then have adorkable girl cower in a corner, horrified at seeing her compatriot gruesomely splatter a bunch of mooks all over the room.

She's a medic. She's probably seen more entrails than most of us have seen hot breakfasts.

FORE!!

Other than that, I now have first Rogue One trailer SFX stuck in my head again...

It actually looks like he hit him with the flat of the blade instead of the edge, hence sending him flying.

Quite possibly waiting for Althea to bugger off before horrifyingly dismembering some people just doing their jobs.

Without a sound effect word for the impact, it seems like the guard was blown away by the wind pressure from the swinging sword.

-Dragmire-:
Without a sound effect word for the impact, it seems like the guard was blown away by the wind pressure from the swinging sword.

I just fill in the sound effects from smash bros.

HASSAN CHOP!

Bonus points if you get that reference. :3

RJ 17:
HASSAN CHOP!

Bonus points if you get that reference. :3

hittite:

Chimpzy:

She's a medic. She's probably seen more entrails than most of us have seen hot breakfasts.

I'm so stealing that quip.

On another note, wouldn't the elevators be on lockdown once there was an alert? This looks to be an unskippable encounter.

So by the looks of it, he's staying to keep the guards back while they use the lift. Oh gods this is going to be Hodor all over again isn't it?

Pallindromemordnillap:
So by the looks of it, he's staying to keep the guards back while they use the lift. Oh gods this is going to be Hodor all over again isn't it?

HOLD THE DOOR!

[CRACK!] Home run!

Chimpzy:

They could also use that WHOOSH! thing that happens to the screen when it's time to fight. Think they're going to take turns hitting each other, too?

This is the first time I noticed NotCloud's blond ponytail. That's gotta be a hard style to maintain.

Huh, the sword lost the nose-ring.

Clearly this is the Smash Brothers Not-Cloud.

I'd love to see some of Sephiroth's stupidly over the top attacks happen here. Like, the one that destroys every planet in the solar system, before causing the sun to expand to the point where it touches the earth.

Now that I think about it, there's not all JRPG tropes being ripped on in this arc, because I've seen some elements from stealth-action games (particularly Metal Gear Solid) and the plot is basically the same as Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus. That was the one where the Glukkons were digging up the bones in the Mudokons' burial city of Necrum, to grind up and brew into beer, or something.

I'm starting to think NotCLoud borrowed that Great Sword from Monster Hunter.

And as a GS main, I approve. Quick, guardman, knock down the Rathian!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here