Bad Moms - Moms Just Wanna Have Fun

Bad Moms - Moms Just Wanna Have Fun

Bad Moms might make you appreciate your mother more than you currently do.

Read Full Article

Yeah the trailers for this were downright gagworthy, as if moms partying is the most unique and funniest premise ever because moms in real life never have social lives! I'm pretty sure it's pandering but I'm not sure who it's pandering to.

Can we call it quits with the Bad (fill in the blank) movies yet?

The premise of this movie reminds me of one from the (very?) early 80s called (I think) 'Mom on strike'. Sounds similar, but the 80s version was much worse than this movie sounds.

RJ 17:

Either that or go all the ways.

"Bad moms" is a bit generic...but has anyone done the "Bad werewolf librarians from Jamaica"?

I mean, that title is a lot more grabby, right?

RJ 17:

There will be one final one: "Bad Movie", a parody which lampoons all the movies with "Bad" in the title.

Thaluikhain:

RJ 17:

Either that or go all the ways.

"Bad moms" is a bit generic...but has anyone done the "Bad werewolf librarians from Jamaica"?

I mean, that title is a lot more grabby, right?

Eh, the problem is the writing would still be the same. "D'ohhhh, that's now how werewolf librarians from Jamaica are supposed to act! It's so silly!"

Areloch:

RJ 17:

There will be one final one: "Bad Movie", a parody which lampoons all the movies with "Bad" in the title.

Even if that movie came out, I still probably couldn't be arsed to go see it. :P

RJ 17:

Areloch:

RJ 17:

Even if that movie came out, I still probably couldn't be arsed to go see it. :P

"You didn't go see it?"

"Eh, it looked pretty-"

/dons sunglasses

"-Bad."

yeeaaaah.jpg

I liked it. I kept my expectations reasonable. The mostly female cast was hilarious. They made the material work. It was the male characters that was underwritten and one-dimensional. It almost ruined my suspension of disbelief that someone who was married to a woman that looks like Mila Kunis could be that emotionally distant about her. This movie is worth a look. Especially for people who complain about not being any movies that features positive and varied portrayals of women.

Sounds like [another] movie to watch with my mom, actually...

Other than that, I did enjoy 21 & Over, so I guess I'll enjoy this even more by default, then...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here