#133: Last Gasp

This is giving me flashbacks to when I was like ten playing FFVII. Except it's worse because the character I would give a shit is sad is the one that's not dying.

... I honestly suspect he just wants at his game.

I'm going to make a couple guesses here:

1. He can't speak. So, he needs to text "Whatever."
2. He is going to will his motorcycle to someone before he dies.

Meanwhile Erin is still dying (not alone) in the background.

Must be a cutscene.

You know what, I'm going to predict he'll spell out something really deep and profound.

Love confession time? "Sorry I was always so cold toward you, I just didn't know how to talk to you."

I miss this series being about a young gamer's malaise and dealing with severe depression. I hope I'm not alone in that.

Pffft, some white mage she turned out to be. Dende would be disappointed.

I guess this is what happens when there's more Zack than Cloud in a character. Too bad, that probably maxed out his limit break.

Other than that, not everyone can be Orihime in this kind of situation...

Hmmm.. must be a cutscene...

No potions, no elixirs, no phoenix downs being used... yup cutscene death.

Knew they shouldn't have brought the under leveled healer.

AHA! The roles have reversed

Karadalis:
Hmmm.. must be a cutscene...

No potions, no elixirs, no phoenix downs being used... yup cutscene death.

True. But maybe it will be fixable as soon as they get into a fight and can use their ITEM menu again ;)

Madara XIII:
AHA! The roles have reversed

Buddy, you are one panel late, XD

Not-Cloud: Promise me... that you'll... get... Mendoza... *dies*

Rad: MENNNNNNDOOOOOOOZZZZAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

White mage not cutting it? Don't worry! Equip Not-Cloud with an Element-Absorb materia paired with fire materia and have Rad cast firaga on him!

Wait... Sorry. Fire 3.

Smithnikov:
I miss this series being about a young gamer's malaise and dealing with severe depression. I hope I'm not alone in that.

I get the impression that was only ever the setup for the actual story, sad to say.

Quellist:

Smithnikov:

I get the impression that was only ever the setup for the actual story, sad to say.

Given that the 'crushing depression' strips are the first dozen or so (before not-Halo), and the interlude between games (Rad flushes Erin's pills), I think that it's more of Grey not wanting that particular thread to wear out its welcome, and so pacing it carefully. We've most assuredly not seen the last of it.

LenticularHomicide:

Quellist:

Smithnikov:

Given that the 'crushing depression' strips are the first dozen or so (before not-Halo), and the interlude between games (Rad flushes Erin's pills), I think that it's more of Grey not wanting that particular thread to wear out its welcome, and so pacing it carefully. We've most assuredly not seen the last of it.

I hope not, i'm less than sold on the 'meta-stories', they are too much like every other strip parodying gaming tropes

Clankenbeard:

On that note, if the nurse can't heal Ersatz-Cloud, what chance does Erin have? She drank actual poison to make her death look real, and she's still lying on the cart.

canadamus_prime:
Must be a cutscene.

But how do we define a cuscene in a setting where everything and nothing is a cutscene. In a comic there is no suhc transition because it was never interactive to begin with

CyanCat47:

canadamus_prime:
Must be a cutscene.

But how do we define a cuscene in a setting where everything and nothing is a cutscene. In a comic there is no suhc transition because it was never interactive to begin with

A big hint is they're in an elevator. Everyone knows Elevators are for character development.

CyanCat47:

canadamus_prime:
Must be a cutscene.

Instant kill bullet and her healing magic's inexplicably not working.

Ukomba:
A big hint is they're in an elevator. Everyone knows Elevators are for character development.

Also this.

Clankenbeard:

My money is on updating his status.
Even odds on ending it with #whatever though.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here