Kubo and the Two Strings - A Stop-Motion Delight

Kubo and the Two Strings - A Stop-Motion Delight

Kubo and the Two Strings is the best movie yet from Laika Entertainment.

Read Full Article

Stop motion animation is still here in theaters yet traditional 2D animation is still dead :(

Will anyone ever make something like this again please:

Oh I will when it come out this September in the UK!

While I failed to watched the past Laika films but I ain't failing to watch it this time! Granted I did bought the past films dvds but I really need a clear time to watch all three!

I will likely be seeing it cause Japanese mythology, and samisen.

I just wish it was about Motochika Chosokabe.

Samtemdo8:
Stop motion animation is still here in theaters yet traditional 2D animation is still dead :(

Will anyone ever make something like this again please:

Don Bluth is trying to get a Dragon's Lair movie off of the ground. He was able to accumulate enough money to make a demo reel, but now a studio just needs to invest in the project to make the full movie

I could have seen this movie with friends... and ended up watching Sausage Party instead... I guess I'm seeing this movie on my own...

Other than that, isn't Laika the only studio [not named Aardman] doing feature-length stop-motion movies right now?

I loved this movie! Fantastic visuals, superb voice acting, great tear jerking moments.

If there is any justice in this world, this movie should make a profit and be talked about by the end of the year.

FPLOON:
I could have seen this movie with friends... and ended up watching Sausage Party instead... I guess I'm seeing this movie on my own...

Other than that, isn't Laika the only studio [not named Aardman] doing feature-length stop-motion movies right now?

EDIT:forget what I wrote, didnt read your post correctly

FPLOON:

Pretty much. They're the only ones managing to keep the art form above water. I'm a little worried about Kubo being a success. 2D animation already died. I'd hate to see stop motion go as well.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here