Zero Punctuation: ReCore

Pages 1 2 NEXT

ReCore

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews ReCore.

Watch Video

The "lady from the new Star Wars" is named "Rey," thank you very much. Also, how can she have daddy issues if the movie doesn't even say who her dad is? Just a thought...

Eh this game was Zzzzzz the moment I laid eyes on it back when it was first revealed at E3.

The jokes are multiplying, how can we maintain such frivolous breeding of misanthropic lust?? Take that muse away, boys!! We can't have ungrateful freeloaders getting too accustomed to this disgustingly charitable joy...Russia must already be laughing at us. I won't have it, i tell you! They will not be allowed to think they can win!!

*Ahem*

Oh, Oops.

Does Yahtzee read these comments? If so, Do you Remember me?

Lol at the Brian Blessed joke.

When I heard you were moving I thought you might be coming back to poor old post-Brexit England, dilute the arsehole population a little bit.

Nope. America is it? Too good for England now, are we?

It's almost as if this country was about to get much, much worse.

I thought this game was pretty good myself

Wait, I thought Yatzee was in Australia or did he moved to the US?

HumanShale:

When I heard you were moving I thought you might be coming back to poor old post-Brexit England, dilute the arsehole population a little bit.

For some reason, it seems like a handful of British personalities are invading the U.S. as of late.

Read a couple reviews of this so far and they pretty much all say the same thing: It's okay.

And really, not much must be coming out right now if recore gets it's own ZP

HumanShale:

I'm curious if Yahtzee will stay depending on who wins the election in November.

Daniel Greenberg:
The "lady from the new Star Wars" is named "Rey," thank you very much. Also, how can she have daddy issues if the movie doesn't even say who her dad is? Just a thought...

...That's one of her daddy issues.

Scarim Coral:
Wait, I thought Yatzee was in Australia or did he moved to the US?

He moved to the US, drowning out thousands of voices screaming: "No, no, you haven't finish Resident Evil 4 yet and you have only 3 bosses left."

Daniel Greenberg:
The "lady from the new Star Wars" is named "Rey," thank you very much. Also, how can she have daddy issues if the movie doesn't even say who her dad is?

You just about answered your own question there.

Isn't the ending a cliff-hanger and a "to be continued"?

"so I might just vomit it all over the combat which is about as fun as nailing dogs to a wall."
Unclear if comparison between the combat and nailing dogs to a wall was meant to say it's boring or fun.

Welcome to America, Yahtzee! You picked a hell of a time to get here. I guess you didn't want to deal with post-Brexit England.
OT: I thought he would appreciate this game feeling like a throwback to the generation of the Dreamcast/PS2/Gamecube/first X-BOX.

I would have thought the potential of a Trump presidency would have driven you away from America instead of coming closer to it, but I'm guessing this move was done to be closer to the doler outers of the paycheck.

As for Recore, before seeing this review I just thought it was a pretty photogenic-looking game that I was honestly a little boggled as to exactly what it was trying to accomplish in terms of gaming. Now that I have seen this review, my impression is the same but with slightly higher resolution.

Daniel Greenberg:

So you're saying I shouldn't have any issues with the guy who rammed into my brother's car, while drunk, almost killing him as I don't know who he is...

And yet, here I am, still mad.

HumanShale:

The UK and the US are having a contest you see; who can destroy their own country the fastest. The UK is winning, but America has a Trump card...

It sure is nice that Microsoft decided to throw it's hat into the ring with PC gamers, if only Cortana would stop spying on me in the background of my windows 10. I know it's there, I see it's process creeping (I haven't given it permission to to run btw).

The only thing that might get me to use the Windows Store is if Microsoft decided to put the original Halo trilogy on there, sans any of the games that came after.

Auron225:
The UK and the US are having a contest you see; who can destroy their own country the fastest. The UK is winning, but America has a Trump card...

I think Trump is already doing more harm to the US just by running than the Brexit will to the UK if and when it's finally enacted, but who knows. Maybe the Tories' next move will be to privatize the NHS and wait that would still only make it as bad as America already is.

Yahtzee, just play Factorio on Steam and take a break from the garbage. Any more shitty games and you might become a coprophiliac.

Okay I KNOW Yahtzee only wants to pander to the hatedom of Federation Force. And not only does he shoehorn in more insults regarding FF but he disses PSABR as well? Yeah I don't trust this review, I'll buy it and play it for myself and spite Yahtzee. And I'm about ready to not trust Yahtzee completely anymore.

And if Federation Force shows up on his end of the year list under the worst section then so help me god......

LordTerminal:
Okay I KNOW Yahtzee only wants to pander to the hatedom of Federation Force. And not only does he shoehorn in more insults regarding FF but he disses PSABR as well? Yeah I don't trust this review, I'll buy it and play it for myself and spite Yahtzee. And I'm about ready to not trust Yahtzee completely anymore.

And if Federation Force shows up on his end of the year list under the worst section then so help me god......

Shoehorn in? It was part of a series that was directed by the director of ReCore, and did the same thing as ReCore. The comparison draws itself.

Federation Force sucks and people hate it. You want to buy it and play it? Go ahead. He won't give a fuck.

LordTerminal:

Hey everyone, I found the new guy.

Onliuge:
Yahtzee, just play Factorio on Steam and take a break from the garbage. Any more shitty games and you might become a coprophiliac.

Thus the downside of being a reviewer. Sure, it's fun to play the good games/watching the good films/etc. Except people forget that there's plenty of shit you have to review as well. And people wonder why Critics can be a bit elitist and jaded.

I personally am dying to see Yathzee review Kerbal Space Program. I'm curious how many minion jokes he'll work into it.

erttheking:

LordTerminal:

Shoehorn in? It was part of a series that was directed by the director of ReCore, and did the same thing as ReCore. The comparison draws itself.

Federation Force sucks and people hate it. You want to buy it and play it? Go ahead. He won't give a fuck.

I don't see how anyone, seriously, anyone can really get so upset about Yahtzee's review for a game. Doesn't everyone know what to expect by now? Sure, people hate on Yahtzee when he reviews a Nintendo game, but then they turn around and want him to Personal Army for them over whatever schlock they want to feel more justified in hating. Sad to not see him take a few swings at Inafune while he was at it, but I suppose that particular lolcow has been milked dry already.

The game itself is just okay, but whether or not LordTerminal trusts Yahtzee, everyone can trust that there is truth to the part where he complains about collecting Easter Eggs to unlock progress, because damn if it isn't irritating when you find yourself locked out, and it's equally frustrating to find out you don't have the right combination of robots. The latter is particularly annoying, because it's not like you don't have the Gravity Boots or something, you just left them at home for the Power Bomb or whatever.

PunkRex:

Daniel Greenberg:

So you're saying I shouldn't have any issues with the guy who rammed into my brother's car, while drunk, almost killing him as I don't know who he is...

And yet, here I am, still mad.

This is different. You had a pretty clear reason to have an issue with the guy. But "The Force Awakens" never reveals who Rey's dad is, let alone what he might've done to give her "daddy issues."

erttheking:

LordTerminal:

He's a fanboy man. There's no coming back from that.

Was that a sneaky Cannon Fodder reference in the credits? Cheeky.

Daniel Greenberg:
This is different. You had a pretty clear reason to have an issue with the guy. But "The Force Awakens" never reveals who Rey's dad is, let alone what he might've done to give her "daddy issues."

What the other posters have already obliquely pointed out, and which you seem to have missed, is that the absence of a father can, in itself, be a "daddy issue." In fact, it's one of the more common ones in fiction, as an absentee father is easier to make sympathetic than an abusive one.

I would have thought this was bleedingly self-evident, but apparently not.

bastardofmelbourne:

Daniel Greenberg:

What the other posters have already obliquely pointed out, and which you seem to have missed, is that the absence of a father can, in itself, be a "daddy issue." In fact, it's one of the more common ones in fiction, as an absentee father is easier to make sympathetic than an abusive one.

I haven't missed the point; I just don't agree with it. Anakin Skywalker had an absentee father, but that sure as hell didn't do anything to make him sympathetic in the prequels.

Why did I get an advert showing off the fact that you have shows that have long since gone? Top 5, escape to the movies and jimquisition? Why were they on the advert?

Daniel Greenberg:

bastardofmelbourne:

Daniel Greenberg:

I haven't missed the point; I just don't agree with it. Anakin Skywalker had an absentee father, but that sure as hell didn't do anything to make him sympathetic in the prequels.

That's because people are often too busy giving Lucas shit for making Anakin "I'm lost in a universe beyond my control" Skywalker, meanwhile remaining nostalgic for Luke "Under the watchful eye of Ben" Skywalker and prasing the introduction of Rey "I'm good at everything within a day" Sue (I forgot her last name).

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here