Zero Punctuation: Paper Mario Color Splash

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

darkrage6:

LordTerminal:
Like Federation Force, this another game that everyone hated before it was released so I will not trust any negative reviews until I play it for myself (if my damn UPS service ever gets to me) and Yahtzee is no different.

In fact, anyone who agrees with him this time, you are wrong to do so because this isn't a review. This is childish bitching. Yes Yahtzee, target the "mixed reviews" but completely ignore Sticker Star's sales figures. Bitch about trivial matters like the Toads and how the game's not funny because it's self aware when you yourself haven't been funny in years.

No this more anti-Nintendo propaganda and I cannot trust Yahtzee's word anymore. All he wants to do is pander to pretentious hipsters and millennials.

No it's not "childish bitching" quit making excuses for Nintendo, they are terrible at giving fans what they want. It has nothing to do with "hipsters" it has to do with Nintendo trying to shoehorn in unnecessary crap like touch screen controls to games where nobody was asking for them(having played Star Fox Zero, I can say the touch screen did not benefit that game in any way)

You need to stop blindly defending Nintendo, it's getting embarrassing.

All your stupid incessant whining about "millenials" just makes you sound like a Trump supporter.

1. As someone who also played Zero, I can say the controls were not the issue, rebooting the timeline was.

2. Don't you dare compare me to those inbred hillbillies supporting Trump!

And 3. Oh but when Sony, Microsoft and every other company does it, it's perfectly fine, right? Nintendo's the only one producing what I can call games. There's no one else producing consistently good games right now. It's always 1 good game and 500 bland or shitty ones. There is literally nothing I can be hyped for other than Pok?mon right now. The indie crowd is no better either. The industry needs to go back to what made the 16-bit era or even just the PS2/GameCube/Xbox era great.

I'm probably the 50th person to ask, where the hell's the intro?

Canadamus Prime:
I'm probably the 50th person to ask, where the hell's the intro?

It got lost on the way to the magazine? ;)

Elvis Starburst:

LordTerminal:
Like Federation Force, this another game that everyone hated before it was released so I will not trust any negative reviews until I play it for myself (if my damn UPS service ever gets to me) and Yahtzee is no different.

In fact, anyone who agrees with him this time, you are wrong to do so because this isn't a review. This is childish bitching. Yes Yahtzee, target the "mixed reviews" but completely ignore Sticker Star's sales figures. Bitch about trivial matters like the Toads and how the game's not funny because it's self aware when you yourself haven't been funny in years.

No this more anti-Nintendo propaganda and I cannot trust Yahtzee's word anymore. All he wants to do is pander to pretentious hipsters and millennials.

Can't help but wonder why you watched him in the first place if this is the impression you get. Case in point: He never claimed these are a review to begin with, so I'd say you're wrong for telling everyone else who they should agree with or not

Just ignore that guy, he's unstable and obsessed with Yahtzee. He does this all the time.

LordTerminal:

darkrage6:

LordTerminal:

No it's not "childish bitching" quit making excuses for Nintendo, they are terrible at giving fans what they want. It has nothing to do with "hipsters" it has to do with Nintendo trying to shoehorn in unnecessary crap like touch screen controls to games where nobody was asking for them(having played Star Fox Zero, I can say the touch screen did not benefit that game in any way)

You need to stop blindly defending Nintendo, it's getting embarrassing.

All your stupid incessant whining about "millenials" just makes you sound like a Trump supporter.

1. As someone who also played Zero, I can say the controls were not the issue, rebooting the timeline was.

2. Don't you dare compare me to those inbred hillbillies supporting Trump!

And 3. Oh but when Sony, Microsoft and every other company does it, it's perfectly fine, right? Nintendo's the only one producing what I can call games. There's no one else producing consistently good games right now. It's always 1 good game and 500 bland or shitty ones. There is literally nothing I can be hyped for other than Pok?mon right now. The indie crowd is no better either. The industry needs to go back to what made the 16-bit era or even just the PS2/GameCube/Xbox era great.

Then stop whining about "millenials", it just makes you sound like those baby-boomers who long for the "good old days" of segregation.

I think Sony and Microsoft are way more consistent then Nintendo is right now, at least Microsoft and Sony aren't trying to shoehorn Kinect or Move controls into any of their first-party games like Nintendo seems to be obsessed with doing.

No the industry should not go back to the 16-bit days, people who say gaming was better back then are looking at it through rose-tinted glasses, to quote Larry Bundy Jr(AKA Guru Larry, creator of the awesome Youtube series "Fact Hunt") "gaming was always shit", and i'm saying this as someone whose first console was a Genesis, for every good game on there, there were at least a dozen really shitty ones that had no business getting released(I.E. Dark Castle, Back to the Future 3, Heavy Nova, Awesome Possum, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, Cosmic Carnage, Shaq Fu, The Immortal, Socket, etc).

I'll just save my money by playing super paper mario again, while covering the WiiU gamepad in the Halloween stickers I recently bought.

darkrage6:

I think Sony and Microsoft are way more consistent then Nintendo is right now, at least Microsoft and Sony aren't trying to shoehorn Kinect or Move controls into any of their first-party games like Nintendo seems to be obsessed with doing.

No the industry should not go back to the 16-bit days, people who say gaming was better back then are looking at it through rose-tinted glasses, to quote Larry Bundy Jr(AKA Guru Larry, creator of the awesome Youtube series "Fact Hunt") "gaming was always shit", and i'm saying this as someone whose first console was a Genesis, for every good game on there, there were at least a dozen really shitty ones that had no business getting released(I.E. Dark Castle, Back to the Future 3, Heavy Nova, Awesome Possum, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, Cosmic Carnage, Shaq Fu, The Immortal, Socket, etc).

You know what else Sony does? Make mediocre to horrible shit like No Man's Sky and The Order. Also they decide the best thing to do with God of War is turn it into a horrible Witcher mod. And don't get me started on Microsoft. No, it's either Nintendo or nothing as no one else in the industry is worth trusting or calling a good company.

And it sounds like you just grew up with the shittier console. Genesis only won because of Sports games and having a slanderous ad campaigns which upon retrospect made them to be far more arrogant.

Don't tell me that the 16-bit days are rose-tinted. The majority of that era still holds up.

LordTerminal:

You know what else Sony does? Make mediocre to horrible shit like No Man's Sky

Aaaaand there goes the last bit of credibility in your argument.
Really now, if you don't know the first thing about the controversy surrounding Hello Games's No Man's Sky, why should anyone take you seriously?

LordTerminal:

darkrage6:

You know what else Sony does? Make mediocre to horrible shit like No Man's Sky and The Order. Also they decide the best thing to do with God of War is turn it into a horrible Witcher mod. And don't get me started on Microsoft. No, it's either Nintendo or nothing as no one else in the industry is worth trusting or calling a good company.

And it sounds like you just grew up with the shittier console. Genesis only won because of Sports games and having a slanderous ad campaigns which upon retrospect made them to be far more arrogant.

Don't tell me that the 16-bit days are rose-tinted. The majority of that era still holds up.

You're treating your own opinions as fact, which is nonsense. I don't think Nintendo's made anything worth playing in a long time(a fucking 60 dollar editor for Mario? Seriously? that's the best they can do?)

They are rose-tinted, a lot of games back then have not aged well at all.

I did not grow up with the "shittier" console, at least Sega didn't stupidly censor their own games for no reason like Nintendo did(no surprise Sega's version of Mortal Kombat far outsold the SNES one) they were arrogant but they could back up their claims at least and they forced Nintendo not to get lazy and complacent like they are now and have been for a long time.

I trust Sony and Microsoft far more then Nintendo, the fact that the NX is only five months away and we know very little about it is not a good sign, plus the spring release date will not do it any favors.

LordTerminal:

You keep banging on about his Federation Force review and it seems like every time he writes a review for a game you always say that you can't trust Yahtzee anymore, yet here you are again, saying the exact same stuff you said last time and the time before that. Why do you even bother to come here at all if you know Yahtzee is just going to Trigger you every time you do?

Also, maybe don't bring in sales figures as a counter argument to reviews, because Resident Evil 6 sold enough to be considered 'successful' by Capcom. Sure, I bought Sticker Star... but I traded it back in less than a week later.

OT: So Color Splash is like Sticker Star? Then count me out. Yeah, I'll judge this game even though I haven't played it, because I didn't like Sticker Star, and I'm not really interested in another game like it. I'll just hold off until the next Mario and Luigi title.

Shocksplicer:
Just ignore that guy, he's unstable and obsessed with Yahtzee. He does this all the time.

Looking back at his post log, I learned that pretty quickly. Someone sure is vying for Yahtzee's attention.

Madmanonfire:
Aaaaand there goes the last bit of credibility in your argument.

He had any to begin with?

On that notion, yeah, No Man's Sky was NOT first party, and was not made by Sony in the least. The marketing maybe, that's about as much as I can see.

LordTerminal:
You know what else Sony does? Make mediocre to horrible shit like No Man's Sky and The Order

Do some actual research before posting

LordTerminal:
You know what else Sony does? Make mediocre to horrible shit like No Man's Sky

...lol. Yeah Sony made the PC version too, right?

Arrogance and ignorance.....a combination that ensures no one will ever take anything you say seriously. You might as well just stop posting.

Yahtzee on Zelda, NSMB, Smash Bros.: "They keep making their new games like their older ones, and that's terrible"

Yahtzee on Paper Mario: "Nintendo doesn't keep making the new games like the older ones, and that's terrible"

Now, I'm definitely not defending Sticker Star 2.0, (although if it was Splatoon themed I'd have probably given it a go. Doesn't it sound more like a splatoon rpg? what with the throwing paint everywhere?) but I just found that funny.

LordTerminal:

darkrage6:

LordTerminal:

You're treating your own opinions as fact, which is nonsense. I don't think Nintendo's made anything worth playing in a long time(a fucking 60 dollar editor for Mario? Seriously? that's the best they can do?)

They are rose-tinted, a lot of games back then have not aged well at all.

I did not grow up with the "shittier" console, at least Sega didn't stupidly censor their own games for no reason like Nintendo did(no surprise Sega's version of Mortal Kombat far outsold the SNES one) they were arrogant but they could back up their claims at least and they forced Nintendo not to get lazy and complacent like they are now and have been for a long time.

I trust Sony and Microsoft far more then Nintendo, the fact that the NX is only five months away and we know very little about it is not a good sign, plus the spring release date will not do it any favors.

Wow you clearly have no taste if the only thing you think is their best is Mario Maker. I can't even call you a gamer. You're a parasite.

The Spring release won't do the NX favors? It's not like anything else worth a damn is coming out at this time.

You are clearly part of the anti-Nintendo conspiracy. Rot in hell.

Do some actual research before posting

The games are shit and I expect better for the Playstation brand. That's all the research I need: hands-on experience.

Having a different opinion then you does not automatically mean I have "no taste" that's an incredibly asinine and arrogant statement to make, as if your opinions are the only correct ones for people to have LOL

Consoles come out around holidays for a reason, the spring release date for the 3DS sure as hell didn't do it any favors, it took months for it to actually start selling, and I expect the same will be true for the Switch.

I don't believe in hell, but you can rot in it anyways, you clearly need to do research, not me, there's no "anti-Nintendo conspiracy", now you truly are sounding like Alex Jones.

You're clearly not a gamer, you're a hipster. Quit sucking off Nintendo.

darkrage6:

DON'T YOU EVER SAY I'M NOT A GAMER OR CALL ME A HIPSTER AGAIN! I'm not the one being the entitled twat over every little thing Nintendo does and then hypocritically praising the other companies for doing far more sacrilegious business decisions!

Sony is the one that is getting sucked off too much if their undeserved profits for making mediocrities is anything to go by! And yet people hypocritically suck their dicks no matter how much their recent exclusives suck a big one!

Really funny video, many IRL LOLs

Paint as blood was particularly insightful and I think I know a couple of the YuGiOh satanist guys

LordTerminal:
DON'T YOU EVER SAY I'M NOT A GAMER OR CALL ME A HIPSTER AGAIN YOU ELITIST WHORE! I WILL END YOU!

You should probably stop posting stuff like that now, or the mods will be happy to make you stop. I recommend you refresh yourself on the CoC.

I'll repeat it again. Unless it's first party, Sony is not involved in the development of the game, and are not responsible for the failures that appear on their platform. Which is also why Valve is not exactly responsible for the failures on their platform. Valve should be less happy to let crap be on there, but if a game turns out bad, that's not their fault

Elvis Starburst:

I'll repeat it again. Unless it's first party, Sony is not involved in the development of the game, and are not responsible for the failures that appear on their platform. Which is also why Valve is not exactly responsible for the failures on their platform. Valve should be less happy to let crap be on there, but if a game turns out bad, that's not their fault

I can still blame them for The Order 1886. That was a First Party and they are responsible for it and every sin against gaming it committed. I can also blame them for ruining God of War by turning it into a shitty Witch wannabe and more of you people should be lambasting them for doing such a thing as much as you've all attacked Nintendo over Metroid and Paper Mario.

LordTerminal:

Elvis Starburst:

I can still blame them for The Order 1886. That was a First Party and they are responsible for it and every sin against gaming it committed. I can also blame them for ruining God of War by turning it into a shitty Witch wannabe and more of you people should be lambasting them for doing such a thing as much as you've all attacked Nintendo over Metroid and Paper Mario.

Dude, people DID lambast The Order 1886. People DID lambast Halo 5. Every time you post you seem to put across the idea that no one gets to complain about Nintendo's mistakes (of which there are several) just because Sony makes mistakes (of which there are several). The difference is that Sony's mistakes are far outweighed by their successes this time around, while Nintendo is struggling to find success.

Look, you're clearly passionate about Nintendo; I can respect that. It sucks when people (rightfully) criticize something you like. But at this point, judging from the way you completely flipped out on darkrage6, you're clearly not looking to have any kind of actual discussion... you just want to argue.

welp, thanks for that. I was wondering if this would be worth my time, if it was like 1000 year door with it's wonderful party full of quirky characters or like Sticker Star's crap would be the deciding factor. Nintendo rarely makes changes to their formulas, but when they do they always seem to change them for the worse, then keep the bad parts in future sequels for some reason...

LordTerminal:

darkrage6:

DON'T YOU EVER SAY I'M NOT A GAMER OR CALL ME A HIPSTER AGAIN! I'm not the one being the entitled twat over every little thing Nintendo does and then hypocritically praising the other companies for doing far more sacrilegious business decisions!

Sony is the one that is getting sucked off too much if their undeserved profits for making mediocrities is anything to go by! And yet people hypocritically suck their dicks no matter how much their recent exclusives suck a big one!

Randomly using all caps for sentences, yeah that totally makes you look mature LOL

You're the only "entitled twat" I see here, as you whine like a crybaby anytime someone dares to criticize Nintendo for totally legitimate reasons.

Sony's profits are not "undeserved" simply cause you don't like them, that's nonsense, and if you've actually paid attention Sony has actually received criticism, but I guess for you that's just too much to ask.

Their exclusives are awesome, i'd love to see you try and tell the Souls fanbase who Bloodborne is a bad game, they'll fucking eat you alive.

I haven't played any of the paper Mario's yet. I wonder if I should play them in reverse order, kinda like how you should do with the star wars movies to not be the most disappointed in the prequels.

LordTerminal:

darkrage6:

Dude, calm down. Nintendo doesn't need you to defend them nor do they care if you defend them.

Sheo_Dagana:

LordTerminal:

Elvis Starburst:

Dude, people DID lambast The Order 1886. People DID lambast Halo 5. Every time you post you seem to put across the idea that no one gets to complain about Nintendo's mistakes (of which there are several) just because Sony makes mistakes (of which there are several). The difference is that Sony's mistakes are far outweighed by their successes this time around, while Nintendo is struggling to find success.

Look, you're clearly passionate about Nintendo; I can respect that. It sucks when people (rightfully) criticize something you like. But at this point, judging from the way you completely flipped out on darkrage6, you're clearly not looking to have any kind of actual discussion... you just want to argue.

Except Sony DOESN'T HAVE ANY SUCCESSES OTHER THAN HOW THEY MARKETED THEIR OVERPRICED PIECE OF SHIT CONSOLE AND BRAINWASHED ALL OF YOU IN THE PROCESS! The only things worth playing on the PS4 that aren't 3rd Party titles are Bloodborne and Gravity Rush 2. Wow, I can think of only two games worth playing on it. Everything else they've released is either mediocre or flat out sucks. Stop giving them credit for stuff that isn't fucking there!

LordTerminal:
Except Sony DOESN'T HAVE ANY SUCCESSES OTHER THAN HOW THEY MARKETED THEIR OVERPRICED PIECE OF SHIT CONSOLE AND BRAINWASHED ALL OF YOU IN THE PROCESS! The only things worth playing on the PS4 that aren't 3rd Party titles are Bloodborne and Gravity Rush 2. Wow, I can think of only two games worth playing on it. Everything else they've released is either mediocre or flat out sucks. Stop giving them credit for stuff that isn't fucking there!

Ok, clearly you have no intention of having a discussion. You are mad people hate on your precious Nintendo game and the company by a critic on the internet you're seemingly infatuated with that you seek validation on everything he puts out... to the point you all caps rage at someone, call them a "fucking whore" and that you'll "end them"... talking about people being brainwashed for liking something you don't (Cause gee wiz man, people like stuff you don't, fancy that madness!), followed by you telling people to stop appreciating other companies for stuff they enjoy.

You're not here to discuss anything. You're seeking validation for your opinions, and damn everyone to hell who disagrees with you. Gonna tell you a secret, kid... This is probably not the forum for you, and you should probably stop having pissing contests with people on the internet over this stuff. Nobody is taking Nintendo away from you. So go and enjoy what you want to enjoy.

Just stop throwing a fit here, you're not making your "argument" any stronger. I've been hoping you'll understand, but I don't think I'll be making any progress, so I'm done for now. Gonna enjoy this from the sidelines

LordTerminal:

Sheo_Dagana:

LordTerminal:

Haha, wow... you genuinely make me laugh. Sure, Sony may not have much in the way of exclusives (and I never said they did, because exclusivity is fucking stupid to begin with) but they do have third party support, and Nintendo can't say that about the Wii U, even though they CLAIMED third party support would be adopted more strongly in the Wii U, as that was the major complaint about the Wii, so I'm not holding my breath that the Switch will change that. But hey, I could be surprised. And guess what? I would like nothing more than to BE surprised.

You know what? No. I was going to write up a post about how I don't even own a PS4, but I do own an Xbone and a Wii U, and try to reason with you, but I'm done with that. You aren't the first Nintendrone I've encountered and you certainly won't be the last, but you've got the childish temper of every single one of them that I've met before. I've been reasonable, and so has everyone else, but as Elvis Starburst has pointed out, this probably is not the forum for you, because you are completely unreasonable and don't understand how to structure an argument. You just scream until the other person gets tired and walks away. So, I guess you can count this as a victory for yourself, because I'm pretty much done. You just like to be angry and shout opinions as if they are fact. I hear that's pretty popular at 4chan, but if you insist on sticking around here, I suppose I'll just have to ignore you.

Watching Zero Punctuation without the intro feels kind of awkward and strange. Hope it comes back. Anyways, I really can't tell if LordTerminal is just intentionally trolling this place, or if he's genuinely this fanatical and insecure about people criticising Nintendo.

President Bagel:
Watching Zero Punctuation without the intro feels kind of awkward and strange. Hope it comes back. Anyways, I really can't tell if LordTerminal is just intentionally trolling this place, or if he's genuinely this fanatical and insecure about people criticising Nintendo.

I've rolled around Wii U forums for the better half of the generation, trust me, it can get worse, and I've seen people just as bad trying to destroy the console as well.

Simply put, these people are not happy, despite what may happen.

Kyle Winston:
I think the only reason Sticker Star did as well as it did was brand recognition; the first three Paper Mario games were good, so Sticker Star should be as well. Because it was not as well-received, that is why there is so much bias towards Color Splash as opposed to those saying it is anti-Nintendo bias.

Yeah, pretty much what happened with me. "Oh, a new Paper Mario game! Finally!" I said, apparently forgetting the lessons learned from Other M. "I'm going to get it day one and finally get to enjoy more of the Paper Mario series' signatu-oh it's total gobshite with none of the things that made the other games good. Oh."

I couldn't bring myself to play it any further than World 2, what a fucking travesty that game was. So yeah, assuming something similar happened to the rest of the PM fanbase, that's why everyone was telling Nintendo to go fuck themselves and/or coming to terms with their favorite RPG series forever remaining a trilogy when they announced Sticker Star 2: Electric Boogaloo.

So yeah, as a (former?) Paper Mario fan: Fuck Color Splash. Fuck Sticker Star, and fuck Color Splash in particular because it means that the SS model is the new direction for the series going forward. RIP Paper Mario.

LordTerminal:
Yes Yahtzee, target the "mixed reviews" but completely ignore Sticker Star's sales figures. Bitch about trivial matters like the Toads and how the game's not funny because it's self aware when you yourself haven't been funny in years.

Um, speaking as someone who contributed to SS' sales figures (and regretted it), making money is not a symbol of quality. Especially when most of those sales were driven by brand recognition. Sorta like nobody who knows thing one about audio gear would attest to Beats being good headphones, despite them making cash hand over fist.

And I wouldn't call the game's lack of humor and interesting characters a trivial matter when the series' strongest point has ALWAYS been its writing and humor. That's like saying "Bitching about trivial matters like John Wick 2's lack of good action scenes."

OK, here's a good question then: What did you like about Sticker Star?

LordTerminal:
Like Federation Force, this another game that everyone hated before it was released so I will not trust any negative reviews

Will you trust positive reviews? You don't see that as strong bias on your part?

In fact, anyone who agrees with him this time, you are wrong to do so

What if I just don't like the game because it's demonstrably worse than the good Paper Mario games? Am I wrong then, too?

because this isn't a review. This is childish bitching.

Was it? He seemed pretty on point with his critique, and provided explanations for each. That's far more effort than what one might expect from "childish bitching".

Yes Yahtzee, target the "mixed reviews" but completely ignore Sticker Star's sales figures.

Call of Duty remains one of the most successful triple-A franchises in the world, and games like Candy Crush and Flappy Bird-clones make tens of millions. So, by your own metric, they're better quality games than, let's say, any game Nintendo has ever produced.

Yeah, I can get behind that. You have a fair point there.

Bitch about trivial matters like the Toads

Hardly seems trivial when it's a clear step backwards from the previous games.

and how the game's not funny because it's self aware

Or maybe it's not funny because it's simply not funny?

Besides, comedy is subjective. A clear fact when one considers that talentless shits like Tim and Eric have gained any popularity...

when you yourself haven't been funny in years.

I dunno. I laughed at points in this review. More so at the absurdly angry responses to the negative reviews of this game, mind, but I still chuckled.

No this more anti-Nintendo propaganda and I cannot trust Yahtzee's word anymore.

It's a conspiracy, man!

All he wants to do is pander to pretentious hipsters and millennials.

But what if I'm neither of those and I agree with his criticisms of the game(s)?

LordTerminal:
I can't even call you a gamer.

"You're not a REAL gamer like me!"

You're a parasite.

No, I'm a mitochondria, thank you very much.

You are clearly part of the anti-Nintendo conspiracy. Rot in hell.

Oh gods...you're serious...

I thought you were putting on some sort of performance art piece.

I'm suddenly very uncomfortable...

LordTerminal:

I assume you're talkin' consoles only right? Because From Soft has a pretty stellar track record during the last decade. Then theres Blizzard and even though i personally disliked D3 for being so diffrent, the general opinion definitly disagrees with me and found it amazing - specially after all the patches.
I don't even know if Blizz actually ever produced a BAD game. Maybe 1 or 2 SNES games back in the 90s.

And if we talk about the complete indie industry including all genres then i'm baffled to. Darkest Dungeon, Undertale, Binding of Isaac, Enter the Gungeon, FNAF, Spelunky, Terraira, Minecraft, Hotline Miami, Papers Please, Stanley Parable, KSP, Prison Architect, Rimworld, Super Meat Boy, Limbo...
There's basically infinite amount of playtime and some of the best games i've personally played ever.

Jeah, maybe it looks more dire on the console front. But those plastic dustcatchers kicked the bucket anyway.

Adeptus Aspartem:

I assume you're talkin' consoles only right? Because From Soft has a pretty stellar track record during the last decade. Then theres Blizzard and even though i personally disliked D3 for being so diffrent, the general opinion definitly disagrees with me and found it amazing - specially after all the patches.
I don't even know if Blizz actually ever produced a BAD game. Maybe 1 or 2 SNES games back in the 90s.

The only thing From Soft made that I can give a pass to is Bloodborne. I hated Demon's Souls and I don't give a damn how positively the Dark Souls trilogy is praised, I'm not trying those games again.

Blizzard never interested me outside of Overwatch

And if we talk about the complete indie industry including all genres then i'm baffled to. Darkest Dungeon, Undertale, Binding of Isaac, Enter the Gungeon, FNAF, Spelunky, Terraira, Minecraft, Hotline Miami, Papers Please, Stanley Parable, KSP, Prison Architect, Rimworld, Super Meat Boy, Limbo...
There's basically infinite amount of playtime and some of the best games i've personally played ever.

FNAF, Undertale, Terraira, Papers Please and the Stanley Parable are the only ones I can label as good and even then that first one gets labeled as a non game by more people these days than back when the first game was still new. I haven't even played Terraira yet, I never saw the appeal of Minecraft, The Binding of Isaac just comes off as trying too hard to be shocking and gross to me, got bored of Super Meat Boy and Limbo quick and I've never even heard of the rest of what you're saying.

And even then, those are only a drop of water in an ocean of shit composed of shovelware, shallow "trying too hard to hit 90s nostalgia 8-bit platformers", and whatever the hell you call things like Gabe Newell Simulator or Digital Homicide's track record. I've been played for by indie devs too many times in the past.

Jeah, maybe it looks more dire on the console front. But those plastic dustcatchers kicked the bucket anyway.

The day console gaming dies is the day the industry dies. PC gaming is full of nothing but overly pretentious single celled organisms that try to sell me on the idea that PC is cheaper and that those who can't play games on a keyboard are intellectually retarded. (Platformers do not translate to keyboard. Past experience has taught me as such)

Um, speaking as someone who contributed to SS' sales figures (and regretted it), making money is not a symbol of quality. Especially when most of those sales were driven by brand recognition.

My point was that the sales figures were what made them decide to make Color Splash like Sticker Star. Not their fault they didn't catch wind of the public outcry by in time.

LordTerminal is in full melt down. It's hilarious to watch but also really sad.

LordTerminal:
My point was that the sales figures were what made them decide to make Color Splash like Sticker Star. Not their fault they didn't catch wind of the public outcry by in time.

Uh, yes it is. Because people have been saying it since Sticker Star came out. Also it's their jobs to find out what people like and don't like about their games. Nintendo now has a long history of ignoring what people want out of their games, hence we get recent travesties like Color Splash, Federation Force, and Star Fox Zero instead of a real Paper Mario game, a real Metroid game, and a Star Fox game not crippled by bad gimmick controls and ground missions.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.