Good Bad Flicks: Exploring Frozen

Exploring Frozen

Exploring the making of Frozen.

Watch Video

I haven't seen this but to both sides I'd say.... Nope.... can't do it that phrase is too painfully obvious.

The look on that wolf's face while the guy is being attacked by a puppet is priceless.

I confess I went out of my way to watch this video immediately as I saw it, to see how starkly it contrasts to the whimsical Disney film of the same name.

I forgot how much I wanted to see this when they covered it on Half in the Bag.

When I first saw this available on Netflix I laughed because the idea seemed so stupid to me. Somehow it reminded me of Shark Pool by Funny or Die.

I did see it though, and while it was pretty good, my only complaint is they didn't

I might be remembering that wrong though. Still, it's worth a watch, especially the final shot of the movie, which doesn't spell anything out for you and feels all the more brutal.

Armchair experts like to say they'd do this and that, but all they are doing is trying to hide their own fear.

I haven't seen this film but I made a joke about it. I took a photo and wrote "Don't know what all the rage was about. The 'let it go' scene was scary! She fell off the chair lift and got eaten by wolves!"

One girl wrote back "wrong one!" and posted a photo of the Disney version. Hahaha she didn't get it.

Frezzato:
When I first saw this available on Netflix I laughed because the idea seemed so stupid to me. Somehow it reminded me of Shark Pool by Funny or Die.

I did see it though, and while it was pretty good, my only complaint is they didn't

I might be remembering that wrong though. Still, it's worth a watch, especially the final shot of the movie, which doesn't spell anything out for you and feels all the more brutal.

As for the spoiler, they did but the driver was looking away at the time and didn't see.

008Zulu:
Armchair experts like to say they'd do this and that, but all they are doing is trying to hide their own fear.

Exactly. They write about what they would do as they sit there in a warm house at a computer and not locked in a life or death situation.

So the wolves were real? I too thought they were CGI, but didnt mind because im one of those people that like CGI. Nice to find out they tricked us all. I dndt like the movie all that much though, the acting just didnt work for me. and jumping 15 feet down on concrete will NOT break your legs. i used to do this all the time as a kid.

008Zulu:

I remember a series where a stuntman(men) would perform all of the feats necessary in order to survive life or death scenarios back in the early 2000s. One of them was how to move from chair to chair in order to get to one of the towers and climb down. I have never tried it, for obvious reasons, nor have I seen the film but I have little reason to believe that any reasonably fit person would not be able to do it. Assuming there are no powerful gusts of wind. On the other hand the show mentioned, and I was waiting for and it in this episode of GBF, it was acknowledged that you could slice the fuck out of your hands though it did not mention that not all towers have rungs to climb down from.

The show explicitly stated that such things should not be attempted outside of a genuine life or death situation. The thing I was curious about is how the stuntman did not slice up his own hands when shimmying across the cable immediately after explaining that it could happen. Maybe they coated it with something, hmmmm. At least where I snowboard, almost every tower on every lift have rungs.

Saulkar:
I remember a series where a stuntman(men) would perform all of the feats necessary in order to survive

I recall an ep of Mythbusters where they tried to slide down the cable using only your pants. They didn't slide very far, and the cable shredded the pants.

008Zulu:

Saulkar:
I remember a series where a stuntman(men) would perform all of the feats necessary in order to survive

I recall an ep of Mythbusters where they tried to slide down the cable using only your pants. They didn't slide very far, and the cable shredded the pants.

So yeah, assuming against all odds that you are able to shimmy across the cable, you are going to really fuck up your hands and legs.

Very effecting movie. I still think of things like the girl with frostbite on her cheek and the guy pulling down his ski cap so he might not at least see the wolves devouring him.

For nature/horror fans: there is no excuse to not adore this very horrifying movie.

Reminded me of Open Water in a lot of ways. Open Water was less scary, more philosophical.

Strazdas:
So the wolves were real? I too thought they were CGI, but didnt mind because im one of those people that like CGI. Nice to find out they tricked us all. I dndt like the movie all that much though, the acting just didnt work for me. and jumping 15 feet down on concrete will NOT break your legs. i used to do this all the time as a kid.

It was 50 feet though, not 15.

CecilT:

Strazdas:

Ah, i have misheard then. Thanks for the correction.

Strazdas:

CecilT:

Strazdas:

Ah, i have misheard then. Thanks for the correction.

No worries :)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here