Zero Punctuation: Let It Die

Pages PREV 1 2

Darth_Payn:

Johnny Novgorod:
I like how Suda's origin story changes every time Yahtzee reviews one of his games.

What was it he said how Suda 51 began? One time it was the 51st attempt to bio-engineer the quirkiest auteur game designer, and another time it was a pseudonym like "Alan Smithee".

In his No More Heroes review, he's the 51st clone in an experiment to create "the world's most auteur game designer" (a joke he repeats in No More Heroes 2).
No comment in his Shadows of the Damned review.
In Lollipop Chainsaw Yahtze compares him to a friend on a perpetual drug trip, whose career you follow "because he might hurt himself or do something really funny". And here's where he starts saying Suda's trying too hard.
In Killer is Dead, he's "some kind of mythical pixie" akin to the Tooth Fairy who visits game developers at night (after being tucked in by their moms) to bestow their games with an "anarchic post-punk sensibility" by sprinkling "Morrissey's tears" on them.
In Let It Die he's just a guy named after his license plate.
I forget where he made the Alan Smithee reference (maybe in a Let's Drown Out?).

RJ 17:

Worgen:
A trump refrence at the end would have worked better. Hillary ran a good campaign, trump failed his way into winning. Mostly because he could say he was an outsider and apparently president is the only job that we want negative qualifications for.

Nah, I can understand your political bias and detesting of Trump - I'm no fan of the prick, myself - but to say that Hillary ran a good campaign that ended with failing to defeat a man who was caught on tape arrogantly bragging about how he likes to go around grabbing women in their nethers is just silly. If Hillary had truly run a good campaign, then the notion of her being the historic First Female President alone would have been enough to easily sail her right into the White House.

That she couldn't become the first female president while running against a man who was a proven sexist (or at least the very least never shied away from making blatantly sexist comments) says a lot about her failings as a candidate. :^)

What you don't seem to understand is that the campaign against Hillary has been going since the late 90s. The fact she won the popular vote by a decent amount shows that even with all that trump only managed to win by an outdated system. She ran a good campaign, if she didn't then he wouldn't be whining about illegal votes in cali.

Worgen:

RJ 17:

Worgen:
A trump refrence at the end would have worked better. Hillary ran a good campaign, trump failed his way into winning. Mostly because he could say he was an outsider and apparently president is the only job that we want negative qualifications for.

Nah, I can understand your political bias and detesting of Trump - I'm no fan of the prick, myself - but to say that Hillary ran a good campaign that ended with failing to defeat a man who was caught on tape arrogantly bragging about how he likes to go around grabbing women in their nethers is just silly. If Hillary had truly run a good campaign, then the notion of her being the historic First Female President alone would have been enough to easily sail her right into the White House.

That she couldn't become the first female president while running against a man who was a proven sexist (or at least the very least never shied away from making blatantly sexist comments) says a lot about her failings as a candidate. :^)

What you don't seem to understand is that the campaign against Hillary has been going since the late 90s. The fact she won the popular vote by a decent amount shows that even with all that trump only managed to win by an outdated system. She ran a good campaign, if she didn't then he wouldn't be whining about illegal votes in cali.

It's quite simple, really. She lost, therefor she's a failure. That she won the popular vote just means that "the campaign that's been going against her since the late 90s" had little to no impact, were it truly a factor then she would have lost in a landslide.

Blame the electoral college system, blame the people of the nation, blame the crappy government that has utterly alienated itself from the population it represents thus fostering a deep-seeded anger towards the political class (thereby prompting the desire for an "outsider" to lead), but the fact remains that no matter how you gussy it up: she failed to convince enough people that she would be better for this country than an orange-haired egotistical baboon who starts Twitter fights with anyone who criticizes him.

I'm sorry my friend, but no matter how you slice it: if you can't win against that guy, you're a failure.

Worgen:

Jacked Assassin:

Worgen:

Hillary who also in 2008 was known to be pro establishment.
Hillary who would change her views based on her donors.
Hillary who would pretend to back people if she thought it could get her more votes.
Hillary who could've lost to Bernie Sanders if she didn't have Democratic Establishment.
Hillary who had an easier time dismissing Black Lives Matter.
Hillary who probably only needed Wall Street to win New York.
Hillary who probably cost us our first progressive female president, Elizabeth Warren, by running.

That Hillary ran a good campaign?

Also Larry Lessig could've beaten Hillary too if Main Stream Media didn't quickly silence him.

Pro establishment doesnt mean anything by itself.
I have yet to see a politician who doesn't reflect the views of doners.
citation needed.
I've heard she stepped down in 08 for obama so she could run when his term was up so there might have been a preexisting deal kinda thing.
citation needed
Trump was losing new york no matter what. Aside from the fact they know about his crimes, new york tends to go dem.
citation needed.

Pro Establishment as in she has been backed by large corporations & banks.
The thing is Hillary was going reflect the views of 0.1% compared to Bernie who had a grass roots movement.
The Young Turks on YouTube.
Part of that deal was Debbie Wasserman Schultz who helped screw over Bernie Sanders.
I was referring to the fact that Bernie won the majority of counties but Hillary only needed NYC.

L377UC3:

Jacked Assassin:
Main Stream Media

It's called media, bro.

Sounds like you can't tell the difference between independent media like TYT & Main Stream Media like CNN.

-

Beyond all of that Bernie Sanders continues to fight for us via ourrevolution.com.
Unlike Hillary who might not until she can pretend in 2020.

Jacked Assassin:

Worgen:

Jacked Assassin:
Hillary who also in 2008 was known to be pro establishment.
Hillary who would change her views based on her donors.
Hillary who would pretend to back people if she thought it could get her more votes.
Hillary who could've lost to Bernie Sanders if she didn't have Democratic Establishment.
Hillary who had an easier time dismissing Black Lives Matter.
Hillary who probably only needed Wall Street to win New York.
Hillary who probably cost us our first progressive female president, Elizabeth Warren, by running.

That Hillary ran a good campaign?

Also Larry Lessig could've beaten Hillary too if Main Stream Media didn't quickly silence him.

Pro establishment doesnt mean anything by itself.
I have yet to see a politician who doesn't reflect the views of doners.
citation needed.
I've heard she stepped down in 08 for obama so she could run when his term was up so there might have been a preexisting deal kinda thing.
citation needed
Trump was losing new york no matter what. Aside from the fact they know about his crimes, new york tends to go dem.
citation needed.

Pro Establishment as in she has been backed by large corporations & banks.
The thing is Hillary was going reflect the views of 0.1% compared to Bernie who had a grass roots movement.
Part of that deal was Debbie Wasserman Schultz who helped screw over Bernie Sanders.
I was referring to the fact that Bernie won the majority of counties but Hillary only needed NYC.

L377UC3:

Jacked Assassin:
Main Stream Media

It's called media, bro.

Sounds like you can't tell the difference between independent media like TYT & Main Stream Media like CNN.

-

Beyond all of that Bernie Sanders continues to fight for us via ourrevolution.com.
Unlike Hillary who might not until she can pretend in 2020.

Your response is too complicated and I'm too drunk to respond. You should have replied earlier, I'm going to assume you are wrong.

I came into the comment section to look for other people discussing the soundtrack, only to find a small handful of people arguing over the definition of "failure". For real?

I'd be interested in knowing if the soundtrack discussion got cut for time, or if Yahtzee didn't care about it enough to mention, or even notice it. Then again, I can't recall him mentioning the soundtracks for Madworld or Anarchy Reigns, and those were near-perfect. Hell, I played both of those games for all of 5 minutes before ditching them, but those soundtracks stay on repeat on my phone

Arnoxthe1:
Darn it, Yahtzee. Can we get some more classic reviews in here please instead of all these obscure indie games nobody cares about?

let it Die has passed a million downloads, is having decent player retention, and is developed by a established studio. It is neither obscure nor indie, and some people clearly care about it.

OT: I wanted to like this game, but I just couldn't get into it. Something about the stunlock heavy combat just doesn't click with me. The only thing I disagree with Yahtzee on (in this video, that is) is the controls. The game makes it very clear that you click one side of the touch pad to eat, the other side to throw, and swipe to change equipped item. I think it's my favorite use of the poor underutilized touchpad ever.

I find this thread hilarious and I will quote everything it tells me.

This off-topic stuff is the best stuff after the videos themselves by Yahtzee. For real.

Have to say though that I, too, would enjoy reviews of classic titles. Like the Settlers II Gold Edition. That got me into PC gaming.

Hello, Mr. Croshaw. This is a little message of support. I just got a message that your two books, 'Mogworld' and 'Jam' has just arrived at my local delivery center! I ordered them a week ago,and I didn't know it takes a long time to get foreign books in Korea. But still, I'm gonna enjoy your books, and preorder your upcoming book! Always love your videos, keep up the outstanding work, sir!

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Let It Die

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Let It Die.

Watch Video

Suda's actually been quite hands off since No More Heroes 2, Grasshopper just keep putting his name on the games even though he's only a producer or an executive director on most of them. Going by his recent interviews he spent most of Let it Die's development overseeing The Silver Case remaster.

Jacked Assassin:
snip

Just for curiosity. Do you double-check what The Young Turks say?

LuckyDanny:
Hello, Mr. Croshaw. This is a little message of support. I just got a message that your two books, 'Mogworld' and 'Jam' has just arrived at my local delivery center! I ordered them a week ago,and I didn't know it takes a long time to get foreign books in Korea. But still, I'm gonna enjoy your books, and preorder your upcoming book! Always love your videos, keep up the outstanding work, sir!

Can I thumbs up this post? Just wondering.

CaitSeith:

Jacked Assassin:
snip

Just for curiosity. Do you double-check what The Young Turks say?

I do listen to what other vloggers have to say about TYT. Because at times TYT downplays hate speech or acts like they speak for others. I think I only give them so much attention because I try to follow Bernie Sanders news that I don't get from Our Revolution.

I was wondering if he was gonna do a review on this game - I've seen it everywhere (at least around the places I frequent) and I'll admit I fell into it pretty deep for about the first week or so it was out before I realised "waaaait a second". My first thought WAS 'oh so it's like Dark Souls but without other players infiltrating your game while you're there and screwing you over", then learned that they can infiltrate you game and ruin your life but you never have to deal with it like an adult so that was fine by me.

I started to call it quits around Floor 6 when I already had three characters maxed out at 25 and found myself wondering when the hell I'd be seeing any actual progression. Then I got a little bored and realised that I don't like the combat from the SoulsBorne games anyway so why was I doing that and blah blah blah.

Had a good soundtrack, though. Uncle Death-Sempai's accent was bugging me though, probably because I couldn't pinpoint what it was. ALSO apparently Mark Hamill is in there somewhere?? Whaaaa?

Arnoxthe1:
Darn it, Yahtzee. Can we get some more classic reviews in here please instead of all these obscure indie games nobody cares about?

I think he can get away with this sort of thing. His reviews are entertaining more than meaningful to me (though I love his annual awards show). I plan to check the review of this game on youtube to see if people are liking it or not but Yahtzee did amuse with this time around.

Now I want a custard pie.

Jacked Assassin:

The Young Turks as a citation? Are you serious right now? The only thing you can use the TYT as a citation for, is what a joke looks like.

Don't let the 3 million subs fool you... Look at their views. No one, relative to their sub base, actually watches them.

For a channel with 3 million views to be unable to get more than 60k views on average tells a tale.

Arnoxthe1:

>suda51
>> "Indie"

oh my

Tanis:
Hillary won the popular vote...in the US of A.

Trump won the popular vote...in the USS of R.

Also: I don't think a guy whose claim to fame is being a dick should be saying much about anything when it comes to US politics.

Nobody cares who won the popular vote.

Complaining about the fact that she won the popular vote but she lost anyway is like complaining that the team who kicked the ball more times should have won in a game of soccer. "But they kicked the ball more times! It's time we get rid of this antiquated measure of 'goals'."

He knew the game he was playing, and he won. She thought she was playing for the popular vote, so she spent a bunch of time in California and New York, saying things Californians and New Yorkers want to hear, while ignoring the battleground states. Battleground states chock full of people who don't place transgender rights, mean words her opponent said, and Black Lives Matter at the top of their "things to care about" list. And that's stupid. New York and California were going to vote for her anyway. The number of states that flipped from Blue (for Obama) to Red (for Trump) is indicative of her failure to understand any part of the Presidential Campaign process.

Obama won because he went to the battleground states almost exclusively. Trump won for the same reason.

Hillary lost because she didn't understand the game she was playing, and now we're stuck with this orange monstrosity for he next 4 years because of it.

Let it die
Let it die
Let it shrivel up and-

C'mon, who's with me?

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist: