Resident Evil 7 is a New Perspective on Classic Horror

Resident Evil 7 is a New Perspective on Classic Horror

Welcome back, Resident Evil. You have been missed.

Read Full Article

"The fifth and sixth installments were, in all fairness, decent games. But they were decent games that would have seen more acceptance and success had the Resident Evil name been removed. The intelligent, puzzling, and tension-ridden gameplay were replaced with explosions and gunfights that would have felt more at home in a Call of Duty title."

Must everything be compared to Call of Duty?

If anything Resident Evil 5 and 6 are more akin to Uncharted. I mean Resident Evil 5 had puzzle-ish elements.

By the title, was wondering if this would be about the latest movie, there's about 7 of them now and they've been shaky at best for a while.

Samtemdo8:
"The fifth and sixth installments were, in all fairness, decent games. But they were decent games that would have seen more acceptance and success had the Resident Evil name been removed. The intelligent, puzzling, and tension-ridden gameplay were replaced with explosions and gunfights that would have felt more at home in a Call of Duty title."

Must everything be compared to Call of Duty?

If anything Resident Evil 5 and 6 are more akin to Uncharted. I mean Resident Evil 5 had puzzle-ish elements.

I don't even think Uncharted is that great, but comparing games as mediocre as Resi 5 and especially 6 to such polished action-adventure titles with actually decent storytelling and setpieces? No, no, no, no. The closest thing is still Resi 4. But Resi 4 actually did nearly everything 5 failed to do correctly. It goes to show how clueless Capcom is without Mikami there. I enjoyed The Evil Within more than any of the Resident Evils that came after 4 (but not as much as Resi 4).

Samtemdo8:
I mean Resident Evil 5 had puzzle-ish elements.

The only one I remember is the mirror bit in the underground temple. Everything else is "go here first for key".

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.