Zero Punctuation: Yooka-Laylee

Pages PREV 1 2

I never understood the draw of N64 platformers. They always seemed too tedious for my liking though I never could explain exactly why. Of course I wouldn't learn the terms, "Bad camera angles," until my sophomore year of high school, and by then I was well into Xbox FPS's, that is to say Halo 2 and far away from platformers. This makes me want to go back to at least the PS2 era and play Jak and Daxter along with Ratchet and Clank at the very least. Yet nothing will sway me to try N64 platformers again - at least not on the N64. That was not the system for 3D movement. The only reason we were able to play those games is because we had no other options. If Nintendo released a dual-shock controller we'd have all made the switch - those of us who could convince our parents that we needed them.

lreinirz:
Holy shit that DMV test

D was the correct answer.

Johnny Novgorod:

THM:
I'm (somewhat) surprised he didn't mention JonTron.

Was it that big a deal to be honest?

It didn't need to be but yes.

RedRockRun:
I never understood the draw of N64 platformers. They always seemed too tedious for my liking though I never could explain exactly why. Of course I wouldn't learn the terms, "Bad camera angles," until my sophomore year of high school, and by then I was well into Xbox FPS's, that is to say Halo 2 and far away from platformers. This makes me want to go back to at least the PS2 era and play Jak and Daxter along with Ratchet and Clank at the very least. Yet nothing will sway me to try N64 platformers again - at least not on the N64. That was not the system for 3D movement. The only reason we were able to play those games is because we had no other options. If Nintendo released a dual-shock controller we'd have all made the switch - those of us who could convince our parents that we needed them.

Lol The N64 did more for 3D then then PC (at the time) sure they had their issues but it still made more sense to play an 3D performer on a console with a single analog stick then it does to paly an FPS without a mouse.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here