The Escapist Show: Episode 19: Konami & Suikoden

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Episode 19: Konami & Suikoden

This week, we visit Konami for a look at Suikoden Tierkreis on the DS and Russ gets up close and personal with a solid snake.

This week's musical guests:

Ian Dorsch - "Escapist Show Theme"
Younnat - "Rotations" and "Yesss"

Watch Video

Looks ok, as a fan of Suikoden i think a whole new universe is a bad idea

Hehe Solid Russ

Oh Russ, you so smooth.

That's a whole lotta Russ crotch.

Also, watching Nick play DDR totally made my day.

Susan Arendt:

XD
As attractive and charming as Russ is, it would be nice to limit his on screen crotch time by a little bit.

An otherwise nice episode though ^^

Varchld:

Susan Arendt:

XD
As attractive and charming as Russ is, it would be nice to limit his on screen crotch time by a little bit.

Just be glad I didn't wear "The Tight Pants."

I really wish Konami would stop screwing around and just release Suikoden 6 already, Tierkries is all well and good, but I'd be annoyed if they just went down this "alternate universe" path exclusively.

Russ Pitts:

Varchld:

Susan Arendt:

XD

Just be glad I didn't wear "The Tight Pants."

Was that a leftover from the Nurse's uniform?

Leftover from the 80s actually.

The game didn't seem that impressive, I'd rather have the snake, the arcade machines or the fountain any day...

I bet if Willy Wonka had an arcade in his factory of pure imagination it would look like that!

Just a little upset that Russ didn't actually get INTO the fountain. Wait, upset or crushed...either way. </3

There's nothing purer than the love between a man and his fountain.

carnkhan4:
The game didn't seem that impressive, I'd rather have the snake, the arcade machines or the fountain any day...

That fountain really looked kinda awesome. I want one too. And perhaps an arcade DDR, if I didn´t suck at it so much.

What would looked like if someone had painted him while he sat there?

Why do I see Swastika's in that fountain? Huh.

Other than that, nice video. You guys or, rather, Russ likes to screw around, doesn't he?

Ollie596:
Looks ok, as a fan of Suikoden i think a whole new universe is a bad idea

No Jeane or Viki *tear*

but I hear that there is a plan to connect this game's world with the actual Suikoden universe.. could be just fan speculation though. *shrugs*

I also hear that it's a good game in general.

MY EYES! THEY BURN!

Solid Russ! f**king win i want game NOW!

oh and that game looks shit and the guy talking about it seams to know how stupid the game is when he tries to break it down.
heroes on quest, turn based combat, as easy for fans as for newcomers but better to be fan..... ok hands up we made another bad game

Looks like a fun place to work.

Oh Russ, you sexy, sexy man. I bet the ladies were all over you.

Is this really the biggest game Konami has coming out soon?

Another DDR sequel would be bigger news than this...

clauwman:

Urgh, yeah. More JRPGs with traditional turn based combat systems. Very exciting.

And that guy? He really talked in a weird way? Like everything was a question? Even though it's not? Okay Ill stop there.

clauwman:

Only one they're talking about at the moment...

Remember the slip of the ton gues surrounding Metal Gear Solid....

And who knows? They could be following Capcoms lead and remaking Contra.

Something tells me you're still at the fountain. Typing on a laptop.

HAHA the fountain was really funny and I was half expecting russ to go and snap someones neck with snake but even though it didnt happen it was still awesome.

btw did you guys get kicked out for the fountain thing and if so was it worth it?

I can understand why you took your sweet time just showing footage of you standing around or playing ddr: All they had to show off was Generic JRPG #546456435.

Dectilon:
I can understand why you took your sweet time just showing footage of you standing around or playing ddr: All they had to show off was Generic JRPG #546456435.

You've obviously never played Suikoden.
Fool.
I'm psyched about this game.
Any way to get my SRPG fix.

Dectilon:

Suikoden is usually the exception to JRPG's rather than the rule... though Tierkries does not look like it's going to be a worthy sucessor to the series.

Glad the latest installment for Suikoden isn't like its first foray into Nintendo Card Battles (Suikoden Card Battles? C'mon, I know you make oodles in card game cash, Konami, but have some pride). The "whole new universe" aspect is a bit dodgy, as the one thing that made Suikoden good and interesting and most importantly different than all the other JRPGs was a long, deep history, and characters that didn't whine and go emo at the first sign of trouble.

That being said, overall, not quite an engaging TES episode. I guess Konami didn't want you poking around their offices as much as some of the other places guided you around? (That would be extremely disappointing, considering in the beginning you mentioned that they were the ones who invited you over.)

I seriously thought Russ would start splashing around IN the fountain when he first mentioned it. Least grab up some coins in there before they kick you out *laughs*

Kiroshimatsu:
I seriously thought Russ would start splashing around IN the fountain when he first mentioned it. Least grab up some coins in there before they kick you out *laughs*

I think we had somewhere else to be afterward. Didn't want to get my shoes wet.

Making a note here, though (huge success) next time we schedule shoots at places with fountains for late in the day. And/or I bring a change of socks. Or someone brings me a change of socks. Or I just have someone else play in the fountain and I point and laugh. That's it, I think.

PedroSteckecilo:

Suikoden is usually the exception to JRPG's rather than the rule...

Not this one it seems... I agree that there were a few interesting new elements to the original Suikoden. Not to the story really, but to the format. This game with its "new" world seems like 100% filler though, a parasite on the (apparently) good name of the series.

Making a note here, though (huge success)

Populist :D

fountain should be in the video tags.

xxDarlenexx:
I bet if Willy Wonka had an arcade in his factory of pure imagination it would look like that!

Just a little upset that Russ didn't actually get INTO the fountain. Wait, upset or crushed...either way. </3

I know.. at the end when he said "They are so going to kick us out for hits, but it'll be worth it" Then moved his jacket, I totally thought he was getting ready to go in.

*sigh*

Games looks alright; I kinda want a DS now.

Dectilon:

PedroSteckecilo:

Suikoden is usually the exception to JRPG's rather than the rule...

Not this one it seems... I agree that there were a few interesting new elements to the original Suikoden. Not to the story really, but to the format. This game with its "new" world seems like 100% filler though, a parasite on the (apparently) good name of the series.

Can't argue that, I'm probably going to play it, and like it, but I like JRPG's. It does not look like Suikoden though, Suikoden is about War, Politics and Betrayal not standard save the world JRPG stories. Suikoden is so unique because you DON'T ever save the world, it's always been about saving an individual country from a realistic threat like civil war, invasion or tyranny.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here