Super Nintoaster!

Super Nintoaster!

An enterprising modder has crammed a Super Nintendo into a toaster, helping to dispel a myth that case mods are for PC owners only.

Following on from the original Nintoaster, Richard Daluz decided that a mere eight bits simply weren't enough, and so went for the whole sixteen!

The Super Nintoaster is gleefully silly and if you're like me and have a spare SNES kicking around - that's right, a spare SNES - The Super Nintoaster might just be something that you want in your life.

In the words of William Gibson "The street finds its own use for things."

Source: Gizmodo

I want. But I do wish it made toast.

That is pretty snazzy. I'd love to make my systems into a toaster. And yes, if it still made toast, that'd be pretty intense. But still awesome nonetheless.

...I want one.

But yes, I really do wish that it could still make toast...kinda seems like a waste of a toaster considering the SNES' value...

SomeBritishDude:
I want. But I do wish it made toast.

If you want a console that can toast bread, you need to get yourself an Xbox360.. hur hur

I'm so sorry.

I loved the 'Depth Perception Fail' part. Other than that... I was one!

nilcypher:

Which William Gibson is that? The dead play writer or the Canadian cyberpunk novelist? (Guessing the latter. In which case, you have excellent taste!)

The Shade:

nilcypher:

Which William Gibson is that? The dead play writer or the Canadian cyberpunk novelist? (Guessing the latter. In which case, you have excellent taste!)

The cyberpunk novelist, and thanks!

nilcypher:

The Shade:

nilcypher:

The cyberpunk novelist, and thanks!

Awesome. I'm currently working my way through his most recent, Spook Country.

I believe I'm in love... That grin at the end was EPIC!!!

That would rock so hard if it still made toast.
I want one.

including the nutritional value of wholesome grain!
lol jk

Soxfan1016:
...I want one.

But yes, I really do wish that it could still make toast...kinda seems like a waste of a toaster considering the SNES' value...

I think that's an insult towards the SNES, so I will respond with the proper belligerance and intollerance of a fanboy... or not.

Seriously though, I wish to ask you if the "SNES" value is a deridation, and if so, why? The SNES is my 3rd favorite system, and I am interested in your reasoning as to why. Also, I'd like to apologize for my formalness, but I am part of a global discussion online, and I have to be really formal in it, and I've been doing it for an hour, so I'm stuck in formal mode.

On to the video. I actually saw this a bit back (the day he posted it), because when I saw his video for the "Super Genintari," about a month after he posted it, I subscribed. Still great.

Nice dude, props to him!

Great vid, though i did like the NES one better seeing as you showed the the intricate details needed for building it, i do believe a glass of wine and a hammer was the tools needed...and it was awesome ^^

nilcypher:
Super Nintoaster!

An enterprising modder has crammed a Super Nintendo into a toaster, helping to dispel a myth that case mods are for PC owners only.

Since when were they Pc only? I have seen many console mods.
has nobody heard of 360 in a laptop?

That is fucking AWESOME

When he pushed the bread... er... game start button, I literally burst out laughing. Must. Have.

johnman:

nilcypher:
Super Nintoaster!

Since when were they Pc only? I have seen many console mods.
has nobody heard of 360 in a laptop?

exactly. its more prevalent with the pc where you dont void your warranty and potentially kill your system, but i remember when my cousin was modding his n64 to look like bomberman back about a decade ago.

interesting use for a toaster

i remember spraypainting the Decepticon logo on mine

Ha! I favorited this after merely seeing the intro.

Too bad it doesnt make toast. But it is still awesome.

... I am so jealous.

wat

I want to play Castle Skeleton Whipper!

nilcypher:

An enterprising modder has crammed a Super Nintendo into a toaster

Thats nothing. The other day I saw a guy cram a Ps3 in a Microwave.

Hey, you set it up, I just rose to the punchline.

Next, I want a pair of glasses that folds out into a bicycle.

AndyVale:
Next, I want a pair of glasses that folds out into a bicycle.

I've already got one, now how do i see oncoming traffic.

People say to me, when are you gonna stop putting things into toasters, i say, when are you gonna start?, That was the best part for me, plus the smile just finished it off.

Man, that is awesome.

If I was alive when the SNES was around, I would so be doing this.

That was cool.

The "depth perception fail" gave me a good laugh. I wish I had the know how on how to reconfigure gaming systems into random stuff like that... I just don't have the time.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here