Leisure Suit Larry Nipple Slip?

Leisure Suit Larry Nipple Slip?

Is it or isn't it? That's the question observers are asking as they debate whether or not a promotional screenshot for Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust contains the first nipple-slip in the history of videogames.

It's difficult to tell from the darkly-lit screenshot whether it's an odd bit of shadowing at work or if this is in fact a legitimate, albeit digital, peek-a-nippy. It might seem ridiculous - well, who are we kidding, it is ridiculous - but the latest Leisure Suit Larry game looks more like a desperate last gasp by a tired franchise than a potential hit so it needs all the attention-grabbing help it can get. And if we've learned one thing over the years, it's that nothing gets headlines like surprise boobs.

Leisure Suit Larry was at one time a powerhouse franchise for Sierra On-Line, along with the King's Quest, Space Quest and Police Quest games. The 1987 original, Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards, became a surprise hit driven by word-of-mouth sales (since Sierra was reluctant to heavily promote the "adult" adventure) but after five sequels the series went dormant in 1996; Sierra revived it in 2004 for Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude, the first Larry game made without original creator Al Lowe, but it sold poorly.

Box Office Bust is, unsurprisingly, far more risqué than its Al Lowe-created predecessors but given how videogames have changed over the past two decades it's also far less remarkable than those late-80s releases for pushing the envelope. All-out nudity and sex would never fly, of course, but maybe this is Codemasters' way of slipping one in by slipping one out. So the question remains: Is it or isn't it?

via: Unigamesity

Slow news day huh?

It might seem ridiculous - well, who are we kidding, it is ridiculous

And here I was thinking "How is this news?".

Zomg! Nipple Slip, run for the hills!!

It's a Leisure Suit Larry game, sex and partial nudity is a given, i don't see how this is news.

Wow, and I thought I had too much time on my hands.

I never knew that I was wasting my life this much, but yeah I can see her right nipple.

If I take it into Paint.Net and hit the auto-level (which takes all of about 30 seconds, about the maximum amount of time I'm willing to spend on this), I can see a conspicuous dark spot on her right breast, right at the line of her blouse. It doesn't look quite right to be a benign shadow; but then again, at that level of contrast and brightness, it also looks like she has alien eyes.

The question that concerns me most is, did this come from a screenshot, or did somebody go frame-by-frame through a video trailer? I just popped over to Codemasters' site to see if I could answer this question, and all I saw for LSL were three videos to download, no screenshots... ::shakes head::

I think it is all a ploy to generate some attention for the game, since the last one did so poorly. Nevertheless it is still not a big deal... Unless the ESRB makes a big fuss, which would still make some more attention!

ElderScribe:
It's a Leisure Suit Larry game, sex and partial nudity is a given, i don't see how this is news.

i agree. isn't it rated 18/M for a reason?

? Not really important to me, but the media will dive on anything they can get, therefore we must hide this.

Aren't nipples the only redeeming quality of those games?

The original Leisure Suit Larry was ahead of its time in many ways. On one hand it was fairly standard Sierra fare (although that in itself still meant a lot in the mid to late-80s) but by mixing in the "adult" content, which was virtually unheard of at that time, particularly from a major, mainstream publisher, it really set itself apart from the crowd. But what that original game also had was charm: It helped that the whole idea of a mature game was relatively new, but it wasn't just raunchy (it was hardly raunchy at all, as far as that goes) it was funny, it was witty and it was fun to play.

But from what I understand, I don't think the series has aged well.

oh a slow news day eh? big deal you see nipples everyday for christ sake we all got nipples and there is people still going hungry and people don't care but a animated nipple oh that's one more reason to go postal this is proof that the world is truly FUCKED

Andy Chalk:
The original Leisure Suit Larry was ahead of its time in many ways. On one hand it was fairly standard Sierra fare (although that in itself still meant a lot in the mid to late-80s) but by mixing in the "adult" content, which was virtually unheard of at that time, particularly from a major, mainstream publisher, it really set itself apart from the crowd. But what that original game also had was charm: It helped that the whole idea of a mature game was relatively new, but it wasn't just raunchy (it was hardly raunchy at all, as far as that goes) it was funny, it was witty and it was fun to play.

But from what I understand, I don't think the series has aged well.

Did you even PLAY the games!?

LSL was the greatest mature games series of all time and it did it without head shots n blood splatter.

"Box Office Bust was far more risqué than its Al Lowe-created predecessors"

Are you kidding me? There wasn't any nudity OR sex what so ever! Unlike its Al Lowe-created predecessors who had sex and nudity around every corner; Especially LSL3.

M.C.L was a playable BUT boring collection of mini-games.
B.O.B was the worlds worst GTA clone and a disgrace to the memory of its far more risqué Al Lowe-created predecessors.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.