Stalin vs. Martians Release Date Announced

Stalin vs. Martians Release Date Announced

Mezmer Games has announced the official release date of Stalin vs. Martians, the most anticipated game of the year among fans of videogames based on the fictionalized life and times of Joseph Stalin.

Developed by Russian studios Dreamlore Games, Black Wing Foundation and N-Game, Stalin vs. Martians is an alternate-reality RTS in which Joseph Stalin takes command of the Second World War-era Red Army to fight off a force of brightly-colored aliens that's threatening the motherland. It should be clear enough from the title but the game doesn't take itself too seriously; lead designer Alexander Shcherbakov, whose head sometimes gets stuck in doorways because his brain is so big, downplayed the strategy angle in an interview last year, saying it was more like "Pac-Man with guns and weird jokes."

"It doesn't really matter if it is a real-time strategy, or unreal-time strategy, or turn-based strategy or Katamari clone," he said. "Who cares?"

"This is no realistic and deeply strategic war simulation," according to the Mezmer website, "but a straightforward, fun and light-hearted arcade-style game - complete with power-ups falling from conquered foes in the form of bright shiny coins." The game is fast-paced and accessible even for people who don't normally play strategy games, while its commitment to accurately representing the 1940s-era Soviet Union is virtually non-existent.

"One contributing factor to the success could be the high level of historical accuracy that is completely missing from the game," noted Mezmer Executive Producer Tom Soderlund.

Stalin vs. Martians is being released worldwide on April 20 via "all major digital games retailers." To learn more about the game, check out Mezmer's Stalin vs. Martians page or stalinvsmartians.com.

It's certainly interesting. The weirdest trailer I've ever seen for a game.

The most anticipated game of the year? Ha, nice parody on the video game industry and its hype machine.

No, just the most anticipated amoung the fans of Stalin.

I want this to be super sucessful so that the trailer get put up everywhere.

I want Stalin's Dancin' music everywhere.

Wouldukindly:

Seconded! Seriously this game might be a nice change from the constant stream of space marines vs. monsters (or games along similar lines).

This looks incredible.

I was sold on the title.

They need to release a prequel with Karl Marx.

Anyone else thinks the game looks a lot like the Red Alert series?

Definetely gonna check this game out when its released, the comedy factor alone has sold the idea to me :)

I'm guessing that resource gathering will be left to gulags.

RavingPenguin:

Wouldukindly:

Seconded! Seriously this game might be a nice change from the constant stream of space marines vs. monsters (or games along similar lines).

I third that motion.

Finally, a game thats not about realism or killing, a game thats all about fun and comedy

iain62a:
This looks incredible.

I was sold on the title.

They need to release a prequel with Karl Marx.

or Lenin vs zombies...

I read the first article about this, and I cannot fathom any hype concerning the game. I mean, it looks like a single mother struggling with Downs Syndrome made this in her off time between not caring for her kids and writing novels about wizards at the pub. That, or something I'd mod from Universe at War: Earth Assault (serious), and considering how I wouldn't have a bloody idea how to do such a thing, it'd probably take me five years and come out like shit; coincidentally, what I have a feeling this game will be.
The trailer didn't appeal to me either, because to me, it was a Joseph Stalin skin rather poorly slapped on to what I identified as one of those silly (read: terrifying) avatars from the original DanceDance Revolution; this is while having phrases that look like they were typed by whoever translated Zero Wing into English. And all of this is strung together by scenes of the plastic tanks I used to run over Pokemon figurines with in the sandbox firing at little green Pixar men.

In short, all your base are belong to Stalin, and he can keep them.

randommaster:
No, just the most anticipated amoung the fans of Stalin.

I want this to be super sucessful so that the trailer get put up everywhere.

I'm greatly anticipating this, for some reason or other.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here