Russian Teen Killed Over Counter-Strike

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Wow. That's pretty fucked up. But, as usual, just because some idiot kid is a sore loser, was drunk off his ass, got angry and beat someone to death doesn't mean that videogames are evil or the cause at all. This kid had issues.

I'm sure Jack Thompson is just going to love this, not that he can do anything about videogames anymore, *Laughs Maniacally*. Also, while the game can be blamed somewhat for this, it mostly because of alcohol, competition, having bad judgement, and just being stupid.

hmm sounds like a jolly good time

Yeah, I haven't slept all night and now it's 12:08 PM...it made sense to me 5 mins ago.

Anyways if those two were fighting why didn't they take the alcohol away or kick them out?

Yeah, I agree the sentence should have been more, considering he stomped that guy to death.

Who's fault ? Well Russians themselves, not game, not alcohol just russians themselves. Still living in bad old CCCP.

Well this is testament to how badly binge drinking can exaggerate people's emotions. I think we can hardly blame the game as I'm sure any game could have caused the perpetrator to react like that.
Personally as has already been stipulated the fault lies with the staff for firstly continuing to sell them the alcohol after it became clear they were becoming out of control. Furthermore allowing the friction between the two to develop.
But not all the blame can be laid on the people who run the establishment as it is an objective opinion as to when the boys were too drunk to continue. But I would have thought that they would have noticed that they were too drunk pretty quickly by the sounds of their behaviour.
But as has already been said people will take this event as an excuse to say all games cause violence and influence people's minds.

Erana:
It is so definitely the game's fault, not the alcohol and/or fierce competetion between two young males with raging hormones.

It is the games fault. If they weren't playing Counter Strike they might have had some sense. Yeah, suck it Counter Strike!

But really, that's fucked up.

SharPhoe:
Yet another reason why I don't drink. That's just sad, in more ways than one...

Surprisingly, it IS actually possible to drink alcohol in moderation. Or to get stupid drunk and not murder people. I've done both.

Bad Kermit:

SharPhoe:

Surprisingly, it IS actually possible to drink alcohol in moderation. Or to get stupid drunk and not murder people. I've done both.

Oh, I'm aware of that. I don't ever plan on drinking, though, for many more reasons than just this scenario.

EVERYONE QUIET im recieveing a vision

i see all the blame being layed on something......not vodka......not underage male compitetion..........AH THATS IT VIDEO GAMES THEY ARE GOING TO BLAME IT ON VIDEO GAMES

i knew i would get it

4 year for murder? Are russians fucking stupid or something? It's called the death penalty. You take someone's life, you get yours taken from you

Hm...
this sounds like something an Xbox LIVE user after losing in Halo would do. :D

... Well we aren't friends anymore, but this kid put a hole in my wall because he didn't rank up to a Captain after 3 games in Slayer. You can imagine my reaction. EAT IT FOX NEWS.

psypherus:
4 year for murder? Are Russians fucking stupid or something? It's called the death penalty. You take someone's life, you get yours taken from you

Ever heard of an ethical debate?

thats why i say video games are THE DEVIL!!!, THE DEVIL I SAY

meh, i have seing people kill each other over less in more gruesome ways.

the kid was just an accident to happen, why involve the game?? or even mention the name??

it could have being easily the same playing "darts" or "pool"

SharPhoe:

I'm glad I don't drink either, and yes it is sad

The first thought that came to my mind when i read this was:

"SHIT! That guy that kept saying he was gonna come find me and beat the shit out of me over his mic on counter-strike last night...was serious..."

BRB entering witness protection.

Iori35:
Yeah, I haven't slept all night and now it's 12:08 PM...it made sense to me 5 mins ago.

Anyways if those two were fighting why didn't they take the alcohol away or kick them out?

Yeah, I agree the sentence should have been more, considering he stomped that guy to death.

love your pic faulty logic ftw

and yes, if the staff does nothing to stop kids figthing and kick one out, or both, they are partly to blame

Sir_Nolan:

Erana:
It is so definitely the game's fault, not the alcohol and/or fierce competetion between two young males with raging hormones.

sarcasm, LOL

or do you work for the law offices of Jack Thompson?

Jack Thompson causes more violence then the games he complains about...what a bouchedag =D

Oh this guy shot someone because he was being mugged OH WAIT HE HAS THE VIDEO GAME IMAGINE BABIES HE MUST BE A PSYCHOTIC KILLER.

JWAN:
A kid that young should not have been drinking and why the hell would anyone, regardless of age, kill someone else over a game, I understand punching someone in the face (I did it once over a game of Mario cart Double Dash, and I was sober but that bastard just kept getting the 3 red shells!!11!!!1!!!!1!)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
well, if this happened in America everyone would be blaming the school system or the economy or the government

So I will do the same, its because of the Russian government and their school system and their economy

...let the hate responses roll in...

d4mn u c4|>!Tli$$$t pig!!!1 (as in, damn you capitalist pig (<3 No One Live Forever))

On a brighter note, I shall blame the parents and gaming LAN Centers, I "grew up" in a lan center mainly because that's where I met my bestest of friends, but that doesn't change the fact, that a shitty lan center operators that couldn't intervene to tell those little brats to stfu when the need be, might have also lead to this gruesome murder.

Erana:

But.......the game was a part of the "competition" part.

Obviously the alcohol and competition played a bigger role in this, no doubt about it, but the video game was the source of the competition. How many times have you been frustrated by losing a bunch of multiplayer rounds? For some it's worse than others. Add in some alcohol, and some questionable content, and you've got yourself a pretty bad situation in general...

Video Games have as much potential to have negative impacts on people, and it's silly to completely disregard the possibility that the game had some sort of effect on this situation. They were playing Counter-Strike, the kid got frustrated, couple with the fact that he was drunk, then we've got a helluva situation.

Wow its like this doesn't ever happen when somebody loses badly in anything...

DigitalJedl:

psypherus:
4 year for murder? Are Russians fucking stupid or something? It's called the death penalty. You take someone's life, you get yours taken from you

I guess he hasn't. 4 years still isn't enough though, I'd say 10 at least.

Heh, nerd rage. And by the way, yes, there is a drinking age in Russia. It's 18, if I remember it right. Of course, it doesn't really matter because usually nobody will bother to enforce it - seriously, when I was 12, a bunch of my friends were buying beer and vodka in a freaking store.

Some places are more lawless, some are less. Meh.

bernthalbob616:

DigitalJedl:

psypherus:

I guess he hasn't. 4 years still isn't enough though, I'd say 10 at least.

He's underage though, I don't think it works that way. What's worse, he's definitely going to turn out a criminal after he gets out- assuming he does get out and doesn't commit suicide/get killed by someone.

Those places are pretty fucking tough everywhere, and even more in Russia.

Clirck:
Who's fault ? Well Russians themselves, not game, not alcohol just russians themselves. Still living in bad old CCCP.

Are you implying that Russians spent most of their time playing Counter Strike drunk and beating the shit out of each other while living in bad old CCCP?

=p

No, I don't think so. It's just idiocy that's everywhere.

bue519:
I just wish his sentence was higher, I mean he did stomp a man to death.

Not trying to excuse him or anything but this is a 14 year old kid we are talking about. Alcohol does little to improve the thought processes of juveniles and if there actually is a legal drinking age in Russia, it is his now deceased friend's fault he got drunk.

Pi_Fighter:

bue519:
I just wish his sentence was higher, I mean he did stomp a man to death.

Not trying to excuse him or anything but this is a 14 year old kid we are talking about. Alcohol does little to improve the thought processes of juveniles and if there actually is a legal drinking age in Russia, it is his now deceased friend's fault he got drunk.

Well, I'm pretty sure theres not a drinking age in Russia and I feel it should be higher because he planned out the attack. He didn't just attack the 19 year old in the cyber cafe. But waited till he left and then accosted him outside. So I'm not really sure if arguing that this was a crime of passion would work. Besides HE STOMPED A MAN TO DEATH.

The combination of the number of reports of so-called "game-related" deaths on The Escapist and the winning of the Webby award, will mean that media corporations will be using this site for article fodder; at least, if it keeps reporting every time some idiot dies of stupidity. Presuming, of course, anything original is ever reported here; i.e. something you guys didn't already get from some other site.

Ok, holy shit.

The cafe actually let a 14 year old kid drink alcohol? double-u tee eff.

And the the kid only got 4 years in juvie, fucking hell HE MURDERED SOMEONE OVER A GAME!

*sighs* I can hear Jack Thompson typing his Anti-Game Propaganda as we speak.

A tale of counter-strike and vengeance. It almost reminds me of the Old West. You insulting me pard? Well I am going to wait outside and knife/shoot you. Petty violent people will kill eachother no matter the medium. It could have been a card game, and the result may have been the same.

Alexei I hope those kills were worth it, and you died a happy man. He died successful in a gamers' way at least.

ssgt splatter:
4 years behind bars for murder? I would expect at least 10-15 years not just 4. Well, I guess when you commit murder in Russia, you show everyone how tough you are and the russians want everyone to believe that they are not to be F***ed around with.

Dude just shut the flying f*ck up. Americans have no right in using nationality as a tool for an argument when americans kill each other over much more retarded things, like pokemon cards. Idiot.

I really don't think its the games fault...the idiot got pissed over it plus he drank.
The game didn't do anything, the guy just coulden't stand loseing.

Rutawitz:
well...they are idiots

agreed they sure are

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.