Castlevania Movie Dead In the Water

Castlevania Movie Dead In the Water

Rest easy, Castlevania fans. The Castlevania movie will most likely not get the chance to butcher your beloved franchise because the project is reportedly dead.

The already tarnished reputation of game-to-movie adaptations may have dodged a bullet recently, as the once Paul W.S. Anderson-helmed Castlevania flick, in the works since 2006, has been officially canceled, according to Bloody Disgusting's sources.

There's a term we showbiz types like to use: "development hell." Castlevania was apparently in it. Originally, the project was supposed to be directed and written by Anderson, who is best known for making the first Mortal Kombat movie, Death Race, and contributing to the three Resident Evil flicks. Somewhere along the line, he dropped the directorial reins for greener pastures, only to return to write the script, which reportedly focused on the origins of Dracula and his beef with The Belmonts (hence the "Dracula begins" tagline).

The film was then attached to director Sylvain White, and when that didn't work out, was being shopped around town before being completely axed altogether.

They could have reworked the script into a Twilight-style romance where Simon Belmont falls in love with Dracula's daughter but their love can never be, but oh well. This movie no longer exists, and Castlevania 64 can rest easy knowing that it still can lay claim to the throne of worst Castlevania idea ever.

There is a god!

Though I wouldn't mind an OVA.

Keane Ng:
They could have reworked the script into a Twilight-style romance where Simon Belmont falls in love with Dracula's daughter but their love can never be, but oh well. This movie no longer exists, and Castlevania 64 can rest easy knowing that it still can lay claim to the throne of worst Castlevania idea ever.

No it's not.

I am a Castlevania fan but I honestly had no idea a film was in progress but now that I think about it I'm glad I didn't know.

Hooray! Another tragedy avoided!

Psychosocial:

Keane Ng:

No it's not.

No this was their worst idea ever

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castlevania_(1999_video_game)

Hopefully this will be done later by someone who can do it RIGHT. But until then, we should wait patiently for Uwe Boll and his director fiends to die. Might as well toss around ideas on WHO would be a good choice for directing and managing it...I'm stumped.

Freakout456:

Psychosocial:

Keane Ng:

No it's not.

I know about C64, I've even played it.

Adventure is worse.

Movie critics and videogame fans may rejoice, for a terrible evil has passed from this land...

Only to return, if the Castlevania games are any indication. I mean, how many times have I killed Drac now? Last check it was 8. So therefore this movie idea will be brought back and die at least 8 times if it intends to follow the canon of the games...

Psychosocial:

Freakout456:

Psychosocial:

Keane Ng:

No it's not.

I know about C64, I've even played it.

Adventure is worse.

Boys, boys. I think we're forgetting about the gawd-awful comic book.

in all honesty, i can't stop thinking about who would be good for the role of dracula.... that's the ONLY thing i'm dissapointed in for the cancellation of this movie.

Well now that's dead let's just hope the prince of persia movie goes the way of the dodo! I don't care if there's some half decent talent in it it'll still suck more than a hoover.

At least this ensures some 'genius' like Uwe Boll doesn't get his filthy paws on the franchise and rape it repeatedly before regurgitating some half-finished mess of a movie.

I, for one, am disappointed. Only because my life is ruled by an insatiable morbid curiosity. That being said, I actually managed to get some enjoyment out of Castlevania 64, the padded re-release anyway.

Sweet merciful crap!

Well, I was hoping Anderson would just die (along with Michael Bay & George Lucas) but I suppose this is the next best thing.

Really? In a time where famous actors are lining up to do the Twilight sequel, and the Wolf Man is being brought back no one wants to do a Dracula movie with an already established fanbase? If I was a producer right now I would jump on this idea like...well a vampire on a lone teenager!

inu-kun:
There is a god!

You Ninja'd the damn words right out of my mind.

Now all we can do is pray about the Prince of Persia movie...

Considering that Castlevania never really got off the ground and Prince of Persia was in filming last I heard, I doubt it will get the axe.

Well...I never really gave two shits about the plot considering how perfect all 3 of the DS games gameplay was done. They could have butchered the plot with a movie, but they can't butcher gameplay.

*phew*

now to destroy Uwe Boll before he gets any ideas....

I wouldn't mind an anime series or something.

I consider myself a fan of the series, have and love both Circle of the Moon and Curse of Darkness. This is the first I have heard at all of a movie.

scotth266:
Movie critics and videogame fans may rejoice, for a terrible evil has passed from this land...

Only to return, if the Castlevania games are any indication. I mean, how many times have I killed Drac now? Last check it was 8. So therefore this movie idea will be brought back and die at least 8 times if it intends to follow the canon of the games...

Crap man there is at least 20 Castlevania games. Seriously, how many times can this guy be brought back from the dead before the the biggest army of inevitables EVER rips him apart for good (D&D reference there). So we could for the next 50 years watch this idea get pitched, die, and then revive to start all over again.

CASTLEVANIA MOVIE SURVIVE ND UPCOMING

Trailer on the fan film Castlevania, based on the video game created by Konami, produced by FanVision and directed + edited digital effects by Diego Vida, with special guest voice as narrator by Ivo De Palma director & dubber from Filmdubsters, he performed many role as Akira Fudo's Devilman Oav, and Mrko for Kiss me Licia and most important The knight of the zodiac Saint Seya as Seya for Mediaset italian television.

WATCH THE TRAILER:

http://www.youtube.com/user/fanvisionfilms

www.myspace.com/castlevaniafanmovie

Ecate:
CASTLEVANIA MOVIE SURVIVE ND UPCOMING

Trailer on the fan film Castlevania, based on the video game created by Konami, produced by FanVision and directed + edited digital effects by Diego Vida, with special guest voice as narrator by Ivo De Palma director & dubber from Filmdubsters, he performed many role as Akira Fudo's Devilman Oav, and Mrko for Kiss me Licia and most important The knight of the zodiac Saint Seya as Seya for Mediaset italian television.

WATCH THE TRAILER:

http://www.youtube.com/user/fanvisionfilms

www.myspace.com/castlevaniafanmovie

Shoo, pesky advertiser.

On topic: There was going to be a Castlevania movie?!
Damnit, I'm under a rock.

Hunh, I'd been keeping an eye on that film project, not too suprised to hear its not happening. The thing had changed concepts and story and such quite a few times and there had been no progress on any of it.

In related news, does anyone know whats the status of the animated Castlevania thing? Last I heard Warren Ellis was writing it and having issues cause he wanted to put in goat buggering jokes. I haven't found any news of it since then.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.