British Gymnast Makes Rest of Humanity Look Fat, Lazy

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

British Gymnast Makes Rest of Humanity Look Fat, Lazy

British gymnast, stuntman, and probable ninja Damien Walters has released a demo reel of his amazing athleticism demonstrating exactly why you should never, ever let your girlfriend meet this guy.

Even forgetting for a moment that he has abs that would shame Michelangelo's David, and that Mr. Walters is currently working on the latest film by the brother/transgender sister duo behind The Matrix, Damien is like some kind of living incarnation of the phrase "wicked awesome."

I won't describe the whole reel in detail, but I would like to point out two highlights:

First, at the 57 second mark, Damien completely strips down to his underoos while flipping through the air. I fell and smacked my head against the side of my bathtub getting into the shower this morning.

The moral of this homoerotic story? Damien Walters is a bit more coordinated than I am.

Second, at the 44 second mark, he enters a moving car by jumping onto it from the opposite side, sliding across its moon roof, then curling himself into the passenger side window. I dare any of you to try the same thing and not die five or six times.

(Note: The Escapist is not responsible for any death that may occur as a result of anything you read here.)

Oh my! Its the Prince of Persia!

Also...is the song in the video the worst remix of the entry cinematic music of FF8?

Jesus Christ. I think the guy hacked the Matrix. Many times. Through ears.

What is the point of showing this except to make us feel depressed and/or more than a little homicidal towards this guy?

Seething envy...
I UH MEAN I COULD DO THAT
Eeeeenvyyyy

He makes that real life mirrors edge guy look like a cripple. ok maybe not but that must have taken some serious practice.

oliveira8:

Also...is the song in the video the worst remix of the entry cinematic music of FF8?

Oh god what a crap remix of Liberi Fatali. But that man is insane!

When the Mirror's Edge movie gets made - and trust me, it will - this guy will undoubtedly be in it. And then I will buy the DVD of the movie and watch it in slow-motion. Many times. Yes.

Hawwwwwwwwwwwwt.

Indigo_Dingo:
What is the point of showing this except to make us feel depressed and/or more than a little homicidal towards this guy?

To show something cool, I guess?

That video is amazing. I want to be able to get my body to do things like that.

I fell down while undressing once. That's kind of the same.
Right?

I have to say I was unimpressed until he managed to take his clothes off while flipping... remarkabley sexy.

Holy fuck. I think I'd end up dead if I even tried the simplest thing in that video. I dont know what would be the "simplest" thing in that vid though.

PS. That song made me want to replay FFVIII

2012, here we come mother fuckers!!

Does anybody else sometimes get the crazy idea after seeing things like this that goes, "I could do a lot of this stuff if only I weren't afraid to do it?"

That idea + alcohol = a very different kind of YouTube video.

Whoa....

Just... Whoa....

That was amazing.

Wow. That is the sickest things I have seen in quite a while. All respect to him.

Rickyvantof:
I fell down while undressing once. That's kind of the same.
Right?

Yup.

You do realise all English people can do this, right?

How do you think we won so many wars without any guns?

They relly should stop motion this guys moves for video game acrobatics.

I can do that. I just choose not to.

Seriously though, that guy is all kinds of awesome. Legend.

See? Mirror's edge isn't impossible.

Although, having said that, the nonchalance of the the surrounding gymnasts, along with my observations, suggests that he's just a good gymnast who is fecking awesome at flips.

That's it.

And yes, I'm jealous, but that doesn't detract from the above point!

Besides, I can do some tricks, too!

His skill simply comes from practice and strength, like the top martial artists. Just imagine if this was your hobby and your job! You'd be awesome in no time at all!

wow...

he could be such a good bank robber.

I mean, he can jump into an open topped car from standing still, jump through small gaps in fences and flip over peoples heads.

wow.

rosac

p.s wall jump anyone? :)

Impressive

Danny Ocean:

Although, having said that, the nonchalance of the the surrounding gymnasts, along with my observations, suggests that he's just a good gymnast who is fecking awesome at flips.

That's it.

Falling on your ass is not a trick.

oliveira8:

Danny Ocean:

That's it.

You havn't seen how elegantly I fall on my ass!

Indigo_Dingo:

oliveira8:

mm....yes...
and to add something of my own, we ARE fat and lazy. lol

Danny Ocean:

oliveira8:

Danny Ocean:

That's it.

You havn't seen how elegantly I fall on my ass!

Videos or didn't happen!

Sparrow Tag:

Trench warfare wasn't a problem for us Brits! we just backflipped our way to victory.

What the hell is with the 1:57 mark? I didn't think that was possible!

Well he may have moves like PoP meets Mirrors edge but at least I still have my hair!

Seriously though, this guy is at the very limit of what humanity can physically achieve. Awesomeness!

Edit: Actually, thinking about it, he probably just willed his hair away to make himself more aerodynamic.

Holy fuckshits. I wish I could do that stuff.

Sparrow Tag:

This, its a nightmare trying to walk through London without guys like this trying to flip through the wheels of my bike

Well, it's not the first time I've seen physics defied.

my friend knows him, and he is good, but a complete c**k apparently

still, I wish I could do it

The man has god mode switched on permanently.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.