NPD: More Female Gamers In 2009

Pages PREV 1 2

hmm. 39? try 70.

That leaves about enough time to sleep, eat, and do some very limited other stuff, like maybe... Shopping.
Or cleaning... Or not.

OMG girls play GAMES?!?! NO WAI!! Certainly they must all be fat and/or terrible players!
...:P
Yeah it's nice that there are increasing numbers of female gamers out there...but it seems silly that it's such a big deal. There have always been girl geeks in existence...we just previously were the sort you find at star trek conventions or in the fantasy section of a bookstore. Games to me are the ultimate creative experience - it hardly seems surprising that I not only enjoy playing them...but found work in the field.

Oh and guys, if you want a gamer girlfriend...take them seriously when you find them.
(yes, I'm taken. We found each other in the Barrens of Azeroth two and a half years ago)

I for one am just happy there are more gamers, be they female or otherwise.

Booze Zombie:

ShadowKirby:
Kinda have to when you grow older, go to university and don't have mom to pay for them.

Do I sense some snark?

More than I probably wanted to put in it :p

Mrsnugglesworth:
Your little brothers obviously Li'l Poison, and that kid is badass at every videogame. She must be amazing!

Yea, you could say he's a li'l poison.

And I still don't care!

Next thing you know they will be doing DIY...... we're doomed.... DOOOOMMMMMEEED

ShadowKirby:

Booze Zombie:

Xiado:
39 hours a week? Thats about 5 1/2 hours a day, how many people really have the time to play that many games?
Kinda have to when you grow older, go to university and don't have mom to pay for them.

ShadowKirby:
[quote="Booze Zombie" post="7.121907.2437209"][quote="Xiado" post="7.121907.2437103"]39 hours a week? Thats about 5 1/2 hours a day, how many people really have the time to play that many games?

Five and a half hours a day is "long"? Whoo-boy, you must have one of those "job" thingies.

Depends on where you live. I go to the university, but don't need a job, since the government pays for it.

This is an extreme gamer,

Also, more female gamers huh?

...Who cares? Boomchickawowow? No wait, no.

Wow, I wish this wasn't so newsworthy. Most of my female friends are gamers of some sorts, but most of them also don't really advertise the fact online, especially on WoW, from my experience, because of the crap they get.

39 hours a week is pretty tame, I can clock in 160 hours in one game alone in a month since it is the summer.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here