New Mechwarrior Game Rumored

Pages PREV 1 2

SuperFriendBFG:
http://www.spacerat.at/3dart/fafnir.jpg

The first vid looks like a Fafnir.

Tough call on just a section of a foot. 2nd vid is possibly a Warhammer (whose foot might also be in vid 1), and the 3rd looks like a Jenner.

I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this but I enjoyed the mechassault games for the xbox. I've only just discovered the warrior ones but at the moment I prefer assault.

I really hope they include melee combat into this.

tendo82:
As long as a new sidewinder joystiq/throttle combo are released with it. Gold plated preferably.

I still have my 3D Pro, the game discs, and the original manual kickin' round here somewhere. Only downside to the Sidewinder bundle was that my copy wouldn't accept any other joystick, including the later-released Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro.

Not like it works outside of DOS anyways.

Ok, Mechwarrior Poll time... Lets see how oldschool Battletech the Escapists are.

The basic answers are "Played", "Own/ed", or "Never Tried".

Battletech 1st Edition (Tabletop)
Battletech 2nd Edition (Tabletop)
Battletech 3rd Edition (Tabletop)
Battletech 4th Edition (Tabletop)
"Classic" Battletech (Tabletop)
Battletech Dark Ages (Tabletop)
BattleTech: The Crescent Hawk's Inception (PC)
BattleTech: The Crescent Hawk's Revenge (PC)
BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat (Genesis)
MechWarrior (PC/Mac/SNES)
MechWarrior (SNES)
MechWarrior 2 &/or Expansions (PC/Mac/PSX/Saturn)
MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries (PC/Mac)
MechWarrior 3 &/or Expansions (PC)
MechWarrior 4: &/or Expansions (PC)
MechCommander (PC)
MechCommander 2 (PC)
MechAssault (XBox)
MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf (XBox)
MechAssault: Phantom War (DS)

CantFaketheFunk:
I wholeheartedly endorse more giant robot games.

be careful what you wish for, you might end up with another bad Gundam game.

Khell_Sennet:
Ok, Mechwarrior Poll time... Lets see how oldschool Battletech the Escapists are.

The basic answers are "Played", "Own/ed", or "Never Tried".

I also own Aerotech and the Battletech: Reinforcements pack... and read over the tabletop RPG material and a bunch of the sourcebooks. What can I say, other than Weisman made it much harder for me to pay off my student debt.

-- Steve

paulgruberman:

SuperFriendBFG:
http://www.spacerat.at/3dart/fafnir.jpg

The first vid looks like a Fafnir.

Tough call on just a section of a foot. 2nd vid is possibly a Warhammer (whose foot might also be in vid 1), and the 3rd looks like a Jenner.

Yeah, although there aren't all that many square footed mechs that I'm aware of. It's anyone's guess though since they've changed the designs on us a few times before.

Battletech 1st Edition (Tabletop)never tried
Battletech 2nd Edition (Tabletop)never tried
Battletech 3rd Edition (Tabletop) Own
Battletech 4th Edition (Tabletop) Own...I think?
"Classic" Battletech (Tabletop)Own
Battletech Dark Ages (Tabletop) What is this "dark ages" you speak of? It sounds rather silly... *cries*
BattleTech: The Crescent Hawk's Inception (PC) never tried
BattleTech: The Crescent Hawk's Revenge (PC) never tried
BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat (Genesis) never tried
MechWarrior (PC/Mac/SNES) never tried
MechWarrior (SNES) never tried
MechWarrior 2 &/or Expansions (PC/Mac/PSX/Saturn)own
MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries (PC/Mac)played
MechWarrior 3 &/or Expansions (PC)own
MechWarrior 4: &/or Expansions (PC) own
MechCommander (PC)own
MechCommander 2 (PC) own
MechAssault (XBox)own. (I thought it was a continuation of the mechwarrior series.)
MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf (XBox) own (I thought it would be better ;_; )
MechAssault: Phantom War (DS) never tried

And let's not forget all the money I shelled out for Record sheet packs, Various source books, map packs, and over 30 CBT novels,

PS, Level 3 rules FTW, they let you create some mad awesome customs.

Yeah, I didn't include supplementary tabletop items such as Citytech, Battleforce, BMR, or the three editions of the Mechwarrior RPG. Didn't want the list to be too big.

Anton, you really missed out not having 2nd or 3rd edition Battletech, those were the golden years. Even 4th was much MUCH better than the new "Classic" line. And Vivaldiscool, get yourself a copy of Dosbox and search Abandonware for a copy of Mechwarrior 1. It's old, it's clunky, Mechs don't even have the ability to torso twist or aim for shit, but with the exception of the Jenner, every other Mech in the game is one of the long-lost Harmony Gold classics including Marauders, Battlemasters, the Locust, Shadow Hawk, and my absolute favorite, the Warhammer. Worth it just for shits and giggles, and the chance to blast away a Rifleman with dual PPCs.

YES YES YES!!!

I believe IGN said that they would announce what this new game would be on Thursday, so fingers crossed for a Mechwarrior (even though I've never played a MechWarrior game before)

All I have to say is it's about damn time

Jumplion:
I believe IGN said that they would announce what this new game would be on Thursday, so fingers crossed for a Mechwarrior (even though I've never played a MechWarrior game before)

You poor, poor lost soul. To live as a gamer, and have never truly gamed.

please oh please let the customization garage be as fun as it used to be /pray

Anton P. Nym:
I still play the Mechwarrior 2 soundtrack from time to time, and I remember when the board game was called Battledroids... so yeah, I'm a bit pumped by the idea that we'll be returning to the Inner Sphere soon.

You and me both. The Mechwarrior soundtrack was one of the first that made me aware of just how good videogame music could be in its own right.

Unfortunately, I have this "thing" about Battletech without Warhammers, Marauders and Riflemen. It's just not the same. So... no Mechwarrior for me. :(

Malygris:

Anton P. Nym:
I still play the Mechwarrior 2 soundtrack from time to time, and I remember when the board game was called Battledroids... so yeah, I'm a bit pumped by the idea that we'll be returning to the Inner Sphere soon.

You and me both. The Mechwarrior soundtrack was one of the first that made me aware of just how good videogame music could be in its own right.

This thread reminded me to re-rip it to my Zune, so on my commute home tonight I can listen and fantasize about ditching the Peoples' 48'-stretch Limo and stomping over road-hogs in 75 tons of myomer-driven, ferrocarbide-plated, bipedal death machine.

-- Steve

Edited to add: Man, now I'm even harkening back to my one kick at the Battletech Center experience these many years ago at GenCon. That rocked so hard back then, but looks so quaint in retrospect...

Mechwarrior 2 was like my favourite PC game as a kid!

But I'm not going to get my hopes up, thats always a dangerous thing to do.

Malygris:

Anton P. Nym:

Unfortunately, I have this "thing" about Battletech without Warhammers, Marauders and Riflemen. It's just not the same. So... no Mechwarrior for me. :(

Malys, don't give us that sad puppydog face and try to tell us that you'll avoid what may become the single best game in a decade, all because less than 1% of the tabletop game's Mechs have been erased from existence, b'cuz I don't believe it. Mechwarrior II never had Marauders, Phoenix Hawks, Osterocs, or Stingers. Didn't even have the IIc variations, but it was still pure digital orgasm.

Yes, we will miss the Harmony Gold Lawsuit 'Mechs, yes we might even be a bit repulsed if they try to include the Project Phoenix bastardizations, but we don't know the setting, factions, or even what era it will be. So long as the game is not around 3025-3040 AD, there are so many other Mechs, we won't even notice. I for one am holding out hope for something in the 2750 era, or late 3060's. I would just DIE to play around with a Viking, Solitaire, or Ha-Otoko. Or stomping around Tech Level 1 style in a Star League era Cyclops...

Just so long as they don't do the Mechwarrior 4 bullshit, where they create absurd new Mech designs, then try to shoehorn them into the tabletop game as canon... Like the fucking Madcat IIC... Grrrr!

Malygris:

You know they've got the Unseen back in the tabletop game, right?

Battletech forums

So yes, there may well be a chance to stomp around in destroids and glaugs to your heart's content.

*possibility of a new Mechwarrior game detected*

*Engaging fanboy mode*

Oh please let it be true! pleasepleasepleaseplease prettypleeeeaaase!

Holy crap, I still have Mech Commander 2 and Mech Warrior 2 and onwards (haven't got the expansion for MW4), can't wait to see this one.

GloatingSwine:

I think it's pretty clear that I did not know that. But thank you for pointing it out. This changes things.

This changes everything.

Well now you do know. And knowing is half the battle.

The other half is giant robots.

Battletech (Tabletop) - Sadly, never knew anyone that was into this so I never got to try it.
BattleTech: The Crescent Hawk's Inception (PC) - Nope
BattleTech: The Crescent Hawk's Revenge (PC) - Nope
BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat (Genesis) - Nope
MechWarrior (PC/Mac/SNES) - Yes
MechWarrior (SNES) - Yes
MechWarrior 2 &/or Expansions (PC/Mac/PSX/Saturn) - Own it
MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries (PC/Mac) - Own it
MechWarrior 3 &/or Expansions (PC) - Own it
MechWarrior 4: &/or Expansions (PC) - Own it
MechCommander (PC) - Yes
MechCommander 2 (PC) - Own it
MechAssault (XBox) - Fuck
MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf (XBox) - This
MechAssault: Phantom War (DS) - Shit

If this new mechwarrior game ends up as console only, Imma choke a bitch.

Khell_Sennet:

05rutterb:
I still want Mechassault 3.

Your comments displeases the Coordinator
and brings shame upon the Combine.

The only good Mech game is a real Mech
game.

And in other related news:
I just creamed my pants at the prospect of a
true Microsoft-free Mechwarrior 5.

Same here to both statements.

GloatingSwine:

Malygris:

Battletech forums

So yes, there may well be a chance to stomp around in destroids and glaugs to your heart's content.

Oh my god, may balls exploded in glee.
EDIT:sorry for the doublepost

Mmmmmmm.

Do want.

GloatingSwine:

Malygris:

Battletech forums

That link doesn't answer two very important questions. 1 - Does this only extend to images, or will the miniatures be making a re-appearance? 2 - Are reprints of the TRO's coming?

And now, for fanboyish spinning in a circle and giggling like a hyena who ate a baby filled with helium.

WEEEEEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEH!

... And so the Mech decended upon the land, and usherd forth a new age of peace and prosperity...

Thats what is going to be like, at least thats how it will be in my twisted little head.

Confirmation and new image, trailer

Let the giant robot stomping commence!

My Mechwarrior brethren, let us pray that the game is not dumbed down for the consoletards.

I just began weeping tears of joy.

This is terrific, terrific news.

I think I died and went to heaven for a second upon seeing the "unseen" version of the Warhammer in that trailer.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.