EA Demands "Acts of Lust" With Comic-Con Booth Babes

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

EA Demands "Acts of Lust" With Comic-Con Booth Babes

Get caught playing grabass with a nubile young hottie on the street and you'll be slapped and/or arrested, but do it at Comic-Con and you might just win a prize.

Leave it to Electronic Arts to come up with a contest based on sexual harassment in the workplace. The Dante's Inferno team is holding a "Sin to Win" contest at this year's Comic Con and the rules are simple. One: Commit acts of lust. Two: Prove it. Three: Repeat.

Okay, it's not quite that bad: The "act of lust" required by the contest is nothing more than a photo with a booth babe, which must then be sent to the Dante's Inferno team via Twitter, Facebook or email as proof. The "repeat" part is pretty self-explanatory; the more babes you're photographed with, the more chances you have to win.

And what's the prize for "accidentally" rubbing yourself against all these attractive young ladies who are being paid to be nice to people they normally wouldn't stand next to on a bus? A chance to make them spend even more time with you! The lucky winner will get, as EA puts it, "Dinner and a SINful night with two hot girls, a limo service, paparazzi and a chest full of booty." Five runners-up will get a copy of Dante's Infero, a $240 EA Gift Card and "tons more swag."

The contest rules state that entrants are only supposed to take pictures and that's all well and good, but exhorting a surging, sweaty mass of nerds to commit "acts of lust" with the tiny handful of attractive people present, even in fun, is just asking for trouble. Some people will use it as an excuse to justify busy hands while others will simply suffer brain-lock at the prospect. Booth babes may not be new to cons but a contest that promises to reward bad behavior with an opportunity to commit even more bad behavior? That just might be.

And "chest full of booty?" Wow, guys. Who are you paying to come up with this stuff?

Source: Ars Technica

Sigh, why can't I be at Comic-con...

I thought this game was a GoW clone ripping off the setting of an ancient poem and not about pirates like EA's writers seem to think.

Wouldn't it be interesting if a straight female entered?

So...acts of misogyny with models is being rewarded with dinner with whores call girls and a box of stuff? Am I missing something here?

WHAT THE HELL EA.

I can't believe it. They're being so nice lately, there must be something wrong. They've started giving away hookers for gods sake.

SINful night? Sounds like they're actually gonna hire prostitutes for this.

WrongSprite:
WHAT THE HELL EA.

They've started giving away hookers for gods sake.

And isn't that the nicest gift of all. Screw you Santa

i hope the booth babes don't get raped :/

Talk about a study in mixed messages:

"4. Contest Judging/Judging Criteria. Judges reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Submissions that are inappropriate for any reason, including without limitation, for depicting or mentioning sex, violence, drugs, alcohol and/or inappropriate language." (emphasis added)

This is brilliant, just consider half the people who attend comi-con. Ok i might be making a bit of a broad generalization, but this one has a few grains of truth in it. EA is just exploiting something we dont want to admit to about some of the attendees.

Now they just need to give away free pudding, and I may forgive them for the shitstorm that was CNC 3.

Hmm either EA is being reeaallyy nice or they are doing this to laugh at people trying to do it.

EA is my hero, but I sure wouldn't want to be one of those booth babes.

these are a bunch of nerds and geeks you are talking about, most of them will be so nervous to actually be that close to a girl let alone touch them that they won't have to worry about people playing grabass with the girls

seems like a fun contest tho, too bad i can't go to comiccon

Sinful acts! What will mowing down the entire popualtiong od comicconville get me?

This will not end well...

This just screams EA. I guess they like getting sued.

This is the greatest idea EA have ever had. Rub up against a hot girl and have the chance to do it again plus more.

Prostitutes? EA are giving away prostitutes?!

This is even better than marriages performed by Richard Garriot!

Quick, someone tell Jack Thompson!

ChromeAlchemist:
So...acts of misogyny with models is being rewarded with dinner with whores call girls and a box of stuff? Am I missing something here?

Don't appear to be, no.

Honestly, even were I not opposed because of who I am, the fact that hundreds of sweaty nerds have rubbed themselves all over these ladies would give me pause.
And then a longer pause while I found somewhere to throw up.

Like someone's shoes.

Now, just for the real twist, all the booth babes are actually dressed like this:

Oh, you thought they meant women? :)

King_Paco:
i hope the booth babes don't get raped :/

me too but it probably will happen.....
with promising of things like a sinful night... some of the attendees may lose it a bit....

MaxTheReaper:

ChromeAlchemist:

Don't appear to be, no.

Honestly, even were I not opposed because of who I am, the fact that hundreds of sweaty nerds have rubbed themselves all over these ladies would give me pause.
And then a longer pause while I found somewhere to throw up.

Like someone's shoes.

Maybe they have to hose them down after each rub?

Florion:
Wouldn't it be interesting if a straight female entered?

.wgvlkdfblinbjdfbjf???? Does not compute..... *Explodes*

Knowing them, the prize will be monumentally overhyped:

Advertised: "Dinner and a SINful night with two hot girls, a limo service, paparazzi and a chest full of booty."

Reality: KFC with 2 fat chicks, the limo Jeremy Clarkson made out of a Fiat Panda, one bored guy with a disposable camera, and a box of all the stuff they couldn't give away at Comic-Con.

AmrasCalmacil:

Yeah, that's feasable.

But seriously, being soaked every ten seconds is a great way to have horrible things happen.
Like mold!
Horrible icky mold!

The_root_of_all_evil:
Now, just for the real twist, all the booth babes are actually dressed like this:

Imagesnip

I'm sure you could have found a prettier man than that. I think it's the top. Probably 4-5 beers before I'd consider it.

Amnestic:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Imagesnip

I'm sure you could have found a prettier man than that. I think it's the top. Probably 4-5 beers before I'd consider it.

I could have, but can you imagine the torment of having to curl up to him against wanting to win the competition. I'd pay to see that :)
(I was actually going for a picture of Bruno, but they're all rather large.)

The_root_of_all_evil:

Oh yes sir, you win this thread on so many levels.

On topic, this is a bad idea. Then again, we've had worse ideas, such as leaving fake body parts around London to advertise Resident Evil 5 (people thought they were real and got police involved, I believe). By comparison EA are pretty damn sane. Then again, this is EA we're talking about, they're pretty much a bunch of idiots anyway so it's not surprising they came up with this idea. Can't really see it working out though.

MaxTheReaper:

AmrasCalmacil:

Yeah, that's feasable.

But seriously, being soaked every ten seconds is a great way to have horrible things happen.
Like mold!
Horrible icky mold!

Great. Now I can't stop thinking about mouldy prostitutes and bursting out laughing.

Another little piece of me just died...What more is there to take EA, What more!

There goes the slight morsel of respect I still had for the Dante's Inferno game.

Cool. I'm going to commit the greatest sin of all with these ladies, let's see what that is... Google: "Greatest sin", Answer: Rejecting God's love.

Damn it, Jesus!

Has EA got a new ruler or something?
Or does Hell need a new thermometer?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook