Blizzard Ponders Bruce Campbell's Role in Warcraft Film

Pages PREV 1 2

Glefistus:
If it hasn't been said, Chuck Norris should play Saurfang.

That would be awesome, I'm imagining the ass-kicking in my head!

In before someone suggests "Hogger"

I never really got into WoW, even though I loved Warcraft 3.

However, if they made this movie all about Bruce Campbell slicing up the hoard with his +5 Chainsaw of Testosterone, I would camp outside the theater for opening day tickets XD

a Goblin Brewmaster, serving drinks so manly they put chins on your chin

But no, really, he's got a great voice. He could play a Paladin or a Rogue or something. He did play a thief in Raimi's Hercules/Xena projects.

honestly if Bruce is in the movie he will probly play some small part, much like he did in all 3 Spider-man's. i don't think it will be a big huge part, he never likes to play those in this type of movie

Dectilon:

Many people who have played Warcraft III may remember the Dwarven Mortar Team's shoutout to Campbell's famous "This is my boomstick!" line

I'm pretty sure it's a Rifleman that says that line...

Beat me to it! So yeah, Dwarf with a hand cannon. Go. Now!

Ugh, I find it somewhat disturbing that he looks a lot like my uncle.

The WoW movie should have really complex WoW and vidya gaeming speak so barely anybody understands it (as previously mentioned). It would help create one of the most epic movies ever.

vultureX21:
Bruce Campbell as Leroy Jenkins. That one writes itself.

That was my first thought on hearing this story.

Skizle:
maybe a pissed off tauren or even Illidan i could see him doing

2nd for illidan

I'm not too up on the Warcraft lore, so apologies if this doesn't make sense - but, I could see Bruce playing Medivh.

He's one of the greatest actors of all time, but Liam Neeson as medivh seems pretty obvious to me. Bruce has a good footman voice I think, captain of the guard minor role.

He should play whatever character kicks the most asses and takes the most names. Just like in Evil Dead. I think he should PLAY an undead as homage to his previous roles. Once he was killing undead, now he'll be an undead. And he'll still take the most names and kick the most asses. Maybe a Warlock? He did say the words in Evil Dead II that summoned the demon back that possessed his hand and then forced him to kick his own ass (for the uneducated, yes, Bruce Campbell kicks so much ass that he ran out of asses to kick in the movie and had to kick his own). I wasn't going to see yet another awful movie based off a game....but I think the combination of Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell could make the Doom movie good. Why not Warcraft?

maybe he could make the WOW movies as a alternate Evil Dead 3 where instead of being transported to the crusader era earth to the WOW world with his BOOM STICK! the story writes itself

vultureX21:

it could work maybe if they where to equip him with a magic chainsaw sword

bruce was good in Xena he should definatly be some kind of rogue or a dwarf with blunderbust.

qft

akmarksman:

vultureX21:

/end thread.

dude

henritje:

vultureX21:

world of warcraft not bloody gears of war!

There's only one role for that chin, Deathwing.

The66Monkey:
bruce was good in Xena he should definatly be some kind of rogue or a dwarf with blunderbust.

qft

akmarksman:

vultureX21:

/end thread.

dude

henritje:

vultureX21:

world of warcraft not bloody gears of war!

WoW alone is not badass enough for Bruce Campbell. So adding a Gears of War touch (something that is badass enough for him) may be neccesary.

madcap2112:
He could play Ash. Yeah, I know it's not 'Evil Dead', so what? It'd still be cool.

Ash should be in everything. I stand by that quote. Also if its based of Warcraft and not WoW i might see it.

I vote that he plays Leroy Jenkins. Admit it, you would all love that.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here