Mystery Countdown Appears On Square Enix Website

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Mystery Countdown Appears On Square Enix Website

A mysterious countdown clock has appeared on the website of Japanese mega-publisher Square Enix, offering fans yet another reason to endlessly speculate on the company's future plans.

Little solid info is offered by the splash page, aside from a glowing roman numeral "VII," below which is the word "days," and a clock ticking away hours, minutes and seconds.

Presumably the roman numeral is actually an indication of how many days are left and not -- as many of you are no doubt hoping against hope -- an indication that a certain Final Fantasy revolving around a certain androgynous, silver-maned, slash-fiction staple is getting a much-requested PlayStation 3 remake.

While it would be irresponsible to blindly guess at what Square Enix might have in store for us in a little more than a week, I think I speak for all of us when I say "It's about time we got a sequel to The Bouncer".

FINAL FANTASY VII CONFIRMED!

Or, hopefully not. I loved that game, but where the hell is the Bouncer and Breath of Fire love? The feck is up with the goddamned teasers this year? It's getting ridiculous.

And I would question such a remake. Isn't FFXII and XIV taking up a shat load of their time? You probably wouldn't see this until 2014.

Earnest Cavalli:
I speak for all of us when I say "It's about time we got a sequel to The Bouncer".

And I pray that Square realise this. I'd buy a PS3 fo shizzle if that game came out.

Mmmmmm this is puzzling. Time to call Nancy Drew. /Sarcasm

Ya I'm gonna go with FFIV, but thats just me.

Or maybe it's FFXV XP

Earnest Cavalli:
I think I speak for all of us when I say "It's about time we got a sequel to The Bouncer".

Oh boy...don't get our hopes up now...

GodsOneMistake:
Ya I'm gonna go with FFIV, but thats just me.

Or maybe it's FFXV XP

They already had an FFIV sequel though, seems doubtful.

Oh wait, I see what you did there. Was there even anything for me to see?

NOOOOO!!!! Let it die Squeenix, seriously, there gonna remake this and add stupid expanded universe crap, like Genesis. Oh god what if it's a sequel about him. Look i would be okay with a remake, but where is my goddamn Kingdom Hearts 3!!!

It changed? from 7 to 6?

Aiden Rebirth:
It changed? from 7 to 6?

because now it´s six days left.

Aiden Rebirth:
It changed? from 7 to 6?

Yeah, its Days, Hours, Minutes, and Seconds.

Anyways, I hope it's remake of VIII, if a remake at all. Although Kingdom Hearts 3 would be a nice announcement as well.

maybe nobody noticed it for a few days and it started at VIII. because on other sites they said it started at six, so they must have been a little late. maybe we are late, too?

Aiden Rebirth:
It changed? from 7 to 6?

Aha, so its not FF7 remade. Here's hoping for The Bouncer's sequel.

It's probably still a countdown to the VII remake, because it started with the numeral "VII."

What's with all the mystery countdowns these days?

Surely there's a way to create pre-announcement hype that doesn't seem like a fad?

Earnest Cavalli:
I think I speak for all of us when I say "It's about time we got a sequel to The Bouncer".

Oh god yes. I thought I was the only one who thought that game was made of so much win it was untrue. Right when the PS2 was only out in Japan I got a PS2 magazine with a free video with it (Oh yes, video, we go way back) and it had Gran Turismo 3, The bouncer, Kessen, and Dark Cloud on it. Needless to say 3 out of those 4 games I wanted but never got :( Although a friend got Dark Cloud.

Well, it's not a Killer7 sequel, so I'm not really interested.

chromewarriorXIII:

Aiden Rebirth:
It changed? from 7 to 6?

Anyways, I hope it's remake of VIII, if a remake at all. Although Kingdom Hearts 3 would be a nice announcement as well.

they haven't started it yet, and won't till both birth by sleep, and FF Versus XIII are done with, the KH team are working on those games, although with this, and those "Epic Disney" pics it leaves one's mind to wonder.

Griever18:
It's probably still a countdown to the VII remake, because it started with the numeral "VII."

You are aware that a week is seven days? And that they Square has a habit of using roman numerals?

It's defnantly not FF7, that's already downloadable via PSN.

another game where every man is really just a woman in drag?

I hope it isn't Final Fantasy 7. But really, that's the only game 7 would have any meaning to.

The Japanese Version of Shonen Jump decided to ruin everyone's fun and tell us what it meant. Sadly, it's not an ACTUAL game, not even a sequel. No, from what I gather Squenix has decided that they're going to give us yet another filler game before releasing anything anyone actually WANTS.

Although I don't know if what I just said is 100% true. The art in the background is from Lord Of Vermillion, an arcade game from way back when, that it is possible Square is remaking.

Edit: The second paragraph holds true, however the first paragraph is going slowly into more and more doubt. I guarantee nothing, I'm just reposting rumors ;)

chromewarriorXIII:

Aiden Rebirth:
It changed? from 7 to 6?

Oh god, out of all the games they could give us, I PRAY that they won't take a shit over their fanbase and release something related to FFVIII, that game sucks a horse, dammit.

Ah well, here's praying for The World Ends With You 2!

DOOMSDAY CLOCK!!!! Ahhhhh where all going to die!!

Psychosocial:

chromewarriorXIII:

Aiden Rebirth:
It changed? from 7 to 6?

Oh god, out of all the games they could give us, I PRAY that they won't take a shit over their fanbase and release something related to FFVIII, that game sucks a horse, dammit.

I'd like to know what you thought made VIII "suck a horse."

chromewarriorXIII:

Psychosocial:

chromewarriorXIII:

Aiden Rebirth:
It changed? from 7 to 6?

Since I've got problems with Firefox at the moment and it keeps closing on me, I'll just let someone else do the talking for me, this time.

There we go, note that there are 3 pages full of parts, so you don't just watch part 1 and miss the rest of it.

Amnestic:

Griever18:

You are aware that a week is seven days? And that they Square has a habit of using roman numerals?

Look, we can guess and think and speculate all we want but none of that will change what it is, so we could throw anything out there and it might be possible.

So why not say it's a Spawn CGI sequel where he fights Chapel and Link from LoZ while we're at it?

That would actually be pretty cool.

It says "VI" now...

*Nerdgasm*. I loved The World Ends With You and any more games that have crazy battle systems like it are awesome in my book.

another game where every man is really just a woman in drag?

You have an odd definition of women in drag.

(All pictures of FF/KH characters except for the last link which is a Dictionary definition for 'drag'.)

chromewarriorXIII:

Aiden Rebirth:
It changed? from 7 to 6?

Now you got my hopes up about that.

Psychosocial:

chromewarriorXIII:

Psychosocial:

chromewarriorXIII:

Aiden Rebirth:
It changed? from 7 to 6?

Since I've got problems with Firefox at the moment and it keeps closing on me, I'll just let someone else do the talking for me, this time.

There we go, note that there are 3 pages full of parts, so you don't just watch part 1 and miss the rest of it.

I actually didn't pay attention to the any of the side quests because as it is, the game is 4 discs long. But a lot of him complaining about how the system is so complicated is pretty inaccurate, or he's stupid. I managed to pick up the equipping spells to everything fairly easy. The story kept me interested, although I admit it wasn't amazing. I managed to find something in the GF animations that allowed me to mash buttons and make the attacks do more damage, so the long animations didn't bother me.

This whole thing reminds me that I only got about 3/4 of the way through VIII...

blood of bahamut comes out in 6 days so i guess that is the count and if you look at the back ground is the same for both but the timer is darker

ChromeAlchemist:
fo shizzle

You should be ashamed of your self.

***Lets Speculate!!***

WOW! FF7 IS BEING REDONE ON PS3!?
Its what I used to always want...

I bet it's that game they showed the trailer for a while back with the guy with the big sword and the book. I doubt they would make a big deal out of yet ANOTHER sequel. But I guess this is Squenix we're talking about.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here