Mystery Countdown Appears On Square Enix Website

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

PS3 remake of Final Fantasy VII is probably what it's gonna be.

And I hate Square Enix now for it.

I hope for The World Ends With You 2 or something, or FFVI remake! Awesome...

If you look from a certain distance, the circle in the Middle looks like the overview of Midgar, and on the right you might see glimpses of faces (though these might be illusions.) All kudos to Wild Cat, who saw this.

RAND00M:

ChromeAlchemist:
fo shizzle

You should be ashamed of your self.

Shame is something I'm not familiar with. Fo sheezy.

Psychosocial:

chromewarriorXIII:

Psychosocial:

chromewarriorXIII:

Aiden Rebirth:
It changed? from 7 to 6?

Yeah, its Days, Hours, Minutes, and Seconds.

Anyways, I hope it's remake of VIII, if a remake at all. Although Kingdom Hearts 3 would be a nice announcement as well.

Oh god, out of all the games they could give us, I PRAY that they won't take a shit over their fanbase and release something related to FFVIII, that game sucks a horse, dammit.

Ah well, here's praying for The World Ends With You 2!

I'd like to know what you thought made VIII "suck a horse."

Since I've got problems with Firefox at the moment and it keeps closing on me, I'll just let someone else do the talking for me, this time.

There we go, note that there are 3 pages full of parts, so you don't just watch part 1 and miss the rest of it.

Concerning that this was one guy bitching about how he didn't like the story, improperly used a game mechanic(drawing) and hated a card game that wasn't necessary to the gameplay I would like to know what your actual opinion is, not what his is.

Psychosocial:

Ah well, here's praying for The World Ends With You 2!

I'm with you there!

Here's hoping for a new KH game with "Shibuya" as a playable world :D I mean...they're going to run out of decent Disney games EVENTUALLY.

From the school of, "if it aient broke don't fix it" hype-generation comes... The Mysterious Countdown Page!

I'm annoyed, but forgiving them on the grounds that it apparently works.

I hope it isn't the graphical remake of Seven, like the demo for the ps3 showed, I may actually have to buy a ps3 in that case, something I'd sooner avoid.
I might instead work of getting my PC to emulate ps3 games instead :D

me wants kingdom hearts 3 on ps2 and ps3 released next friday announcement !

its not a remake of anything. look in the games section under bahumut blood. or blood bahumut. those two words are in it. its the exact same background with the exact same typeface.

TWEWY did run on a 7 day cycle. Heres me hoping for the sequel from this I guess.

Are they releasing a new MGS game too? Way to not totally copy Kojima. The font is what makes it seem like a FF game, and if what they are copying is any hint, it IS the obvious. Either way, I doubt I will care, since only games of theirs I liked were Gameboy ones and I am no way getting a DS.

Here in the UK it now says VI days, not VII. It's a numeral countdown. It's probably bahumut blood as suggested above.

I hope it's a count down to when square starts making good games again

The minute they announce this as a Final Fantasy VII remake...I will have to change my pants.

Maybe they used the PSN release of FF7 to gauge the demand for the title. They made, what, a million dollars in one week? That probably wet their appetite for the truckload of dough a full blown remake would bring in.

Things to notice:

The image in the middle, behind the Roman numeral, appears to be Shinra Tower. And I can't think of anything else it would look like.

There may be some other images on there, but they're vague and hard to make out: they may not be intended, simply proverbial ink blots to throw us off.

The countdown started at seven days: this places the reveal on August 7th. So we have seven days until the seventh, and an image of what appears to be Shinra Tower. My money's on something FFVII related, hopefully a remake. If not, it must be a completely new IP, considering no one seems to be able to figure it out.

7 Is Bungie's thing.
Here's to hoping for a Final Fantasy - Halo Crossover!
Saying that made be throw up in my mouth a little.

For some reason I think its something with FF13 versus, maybe a proper trailer or something, because that timer has similar theme as FF13 VS.

Chester41585:
7 Is Bungie's thing.
Here's to hoping for a Final Fantasy - Halo Crossover!
Saying that made be throw up in my mouth a little.

Oh god. That would make two of the three most annoying fanbases in the world combine. It wouldn't be long until the nintendo crusaders joined them. Ladies and gentlemen, though this instance seems unlikely, in the event that it does happen we shall regard Chester41585 as a prophet of the apocalypse and follow his every command, for only he can save us.

Behold my great works and despair?

I'm hedging on...

Parasite Eve 3?!?!

The countdown ends at around 4:03 AM on 8/7 in Japan. What an odd time.

It's probably Blood of Bahamut... The release date is the same day the countdown ends, and the thingy in the middle looks like one of the pictures in the official site.

But here's for wishful thinking: CHRONO BREAK PLEASE! Fix the horror that was Chrono Cross!

They wouldn't put up a count down if it wasn't for something really big. So some new Final Fantasy seems like the most likely thing.. I guess it'll be Final Fantasy 15. hah

Wandrecanada:
I'm hedging on...

Parasite Eve 3?!?!

Apparently that was already announced for the PSP (boo)

Hey guys? First of all, Wikipedia says that blood of bahamut isn't released on the 7th, but on the 6th. Could be wrong, I know, but thought I'd say it. Also, the title of the page is 0807. Which, in the form 08/07, is the date this countdown finishes. Just thought i'd point these out. It seems to be finishing about midday (GMT) on the 7th.

Aiden Rebirth:
NOOOOO!!!! Let it die Squeenix, seriously, there gonna remake this and add stupid expanded universe crap, like Genesis. Oh god what if it's a sequel about him. Look i would be okay with a remake, but where is my goddamn Kingdom Hearts 3!!!

Maybe that's it?! KH3!!!!

Ok, i was just on the page and while i was there, there was a flash and a image of what looked like a metal man with wings appeared. Also, some faint Japanese appeared near the bottom. Reminds me of Jenova, but male....or something.

please lets have a new chrono trigger but i would be happy with a VII remake but saying that i would be happy with a few things as long as its not a new ip

Guys, the "VII" has probably nothing to do with the number of the game--I just looked, and it's changed to "V", so it's most likely exactly what it says, the number of days.

I'm WAY against a PS3 remake of Final Fantasy 7. It would sabotage the value of the original game.

Maybe it's an updated re-release of all the games from 1-7 with new graphics.

And people will buy them especially FF6, oh GOD FF6 if they made a 3D FF6 with a new combat system *glee*

Oh please o please let it be a new Kingdom Hearts, or failing that at least let it not be a remake.

Oh look. There's some Japanese written on the bottom now. Anyone care to translate the discernible characters?

I also saw the guy with wings too. I dunno who he looks like though.

DRADIS C0ntact:
The minute they announce this as a Final Fantasy VII remake...I will have to change my pants.

Maybe they used the PSN release of FF7 to gauge the demand for the title. They made, what, a million dollars in one week? That probably wet their appetite for the truckload of dough a full blown remake would bring in.

How many of the people who bought the PSN vesion would want to buy the full remake? The answer is very few. If they bought the PSN version, it means they don't care that much about graphics. The remake would be little more than a graphical overhaul, with maybe a few minor tweaks to dialogue and gameplay, so what reason would they have to buy it?

Scrythe:
It says "VI" now...

Can I just remark and say, that it doesn't on my computer?
It says VII here, and the countdown was like...
No, I just opened it again, and now it says IV. Weird... I wonder if the numerals are something other than days.

EDIT:

Meado:

How many of the people who bought the PSN vesion would want to buy the full remake? The answer is very few. If they bought the PSN version, it means they don't care that much about graphics. The remake would be little more than a graphical overhaul, with maybe a few minor tweaks to dialogue and gameplay, so what reason would they have to buy it?

Actually, I think the answer would be surprisingly many. There's all us fans that, no matter how stupid we know it is, must have it, because, well, it's FFVII. On the other hand, there's also all those that missed out on the game when it was new, and has purchased(or not) the game from PSN, but can't cope with the graphics. I know a fair share of people who's not playing the game, simply because they can't stand the graphics(to them, I say feh. I have just started playing Dino Crisis again^^)

EDIT2:
Also, I see people speculating about the images in the background. I am surprised though, that noone has commented on the big fox/wolf/whatever that flashes at the beginning...

What's his deal? Anyone recognize him from anything?
I can't really see the ShinRa tower, as someone suggested, in the larg thing behind the numeral. Can't see no faces. And the circles could be any circles - could be MIDGAR, but it's so unspecific that it could be anything.

EDIT3:
found this in the sourcecode(I always have a look, whenever it's something like this... I find viral marketing exciting, and sometimes, hints are hidden there):
",±,̃y[ƒW,Å,Í \"AC_RunActiveContent.js\" ,ª•K-v,Å,·B")
I have a friend living with me that knows some japanese, but very little. He translated the irst part into somthing like "This page", but if any of you out there had some skills, care to translate? It's probably nothing.

EDIT4: Escapist could not display japanese kanjis. Well, just fint i yourself in the sourcecode. Again, probably nothing.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here