Brutal Legend's Soundtrack Will Melt Your Face Off

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Brutal Legend's Soundtrack Will Melt Your Face Off

The full soundtrack to heavy-metal tribute Brutal Legend has been unveiled, and, says the game's music director, it'll "kick your f***ing teeth in."

It's no secret that we here at Chez Escape are rather looking forward to playing as Jack Bla - er, Eddie Riggs, running around a heavy metal fantasy world and making things explode with A.) a massive axe and B.) the power of rocking out. As one would expect, such an awesome game would deserve an equally awesome soundtrack. Well, Gamedaily has the complete setlist, and metal fans should definitely be happy with what we've got.

A quick run down the list reveals names like Anthrax, Black Sabbath, Dethklok, Dragonforce, Judas Priest, Kiss, Megadeath, Motley Crue, Motorhead, Ozzy Osbourne, and unsurprisingly - given the star of the game - Tenacious D. And that's just some of them.

"This soundtrack took years to put together as we wanted to represent every genre of Metal, and also have the perfect music for every epic moment in the game," says Brutal Legend mastermind Tim Schafer. "It's designed to be loved by Metal fans, and for those who are not, it will either convert them or make their heads explode ... or both."

The game's music director, Emily Ridgeway, sums it up more succintly: "It's metal. It's the best. It'll kick your f***ing teeth in."

Brutal Legend will hit shelves on Rocktober 13th for the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Hopefully Activision doesn't rape the game with lawsuits and such. But damn it, Tenacious D and Dethklok? I thought I might actually enjoy this game... Guess not :P

Now that's what I call a soundtrack!

Dethklok? DragonForce? Tenacious D?
my god.
<3

Dethklok?!

Hot damn.

Black Sabbath? Megadeth? I might actually get this game now!

i thought this game looked awesoem anyway running around with a flying v straped to your back with a battle axe but god damn there some hot music i love all of them :D so i think this game is a must buy :D

No Iron Maiden? WTF?!

Wow... That looks amazing. When is this coming out, I so want to play this.

Impressive list of bands. I might get this.

sturryz:
No Iron Maiden? WTF?!

actually i agree with this guy i didnt realise ironmaiden wasnt on there thats repulsive iron maiden rock

Everything on there except Dragonforce gets my seal of approval. Can't stand that song, they could've at least picked something better if they were to go with Dragonforce.

And so, the flamefest begun.

Anyway, I was suprised to see Children of Bodom's Angels Don't Kill. It'll be interesting to see how they fit that in.

sturryz:
No Iron Maiden? WTF?!

I agree, maybe it was a license issue. I was a bit on the fence about this game, but seeing the track list makes me want to see how all this music is going to be intergrated into the game.

sturryz:
No Iron Maiden? WTF?!

Monshroud:
I agree, maybe it was a license issue. I was a bit on the fence about this game, but seeing the track list makes me want to see how all this music is going to be intergrated into the game.

Maybe but the main character's name is in homage to Eddie

JimmyBassatti:
Hopefully Activision doesn't rape the game with lawsuits and such. But damn it, Tenacious D and Dethklok? I thought I might actually enjoy this game... Guess not :P

What gamer are you that just something like that is a game killer? I mean, if it is majority of it (being a metal themed game) ok, but they have said how you can tailor it to what you want (within metal obviously)

Brnin8:
post="7.130145.2841573"]

sturryz:
No Iron Maiden? WTF?!

Maybe but the main character's name is in homage to Eddie[/quote]

All the more reason the be mad, you can reference Iron Maiden but you can't include their music?

Atleast Black Sabbath and Judas Priest are there, not having them is unforgivable.

And WTF no Metallica? If you make a Metal Game, not having Master Of Puppets or Iron Man in it is a FAIL move.

The presence of Dragonforce on that list disheartens me, but other than that I have no issues with it. I wouldn't mind seeing Iron Maiden or other bands on it, but I'm betting a license issue over anything.

Oh FUCK yes....

Got some good tracks, even some power metal, which I though Tim wasn't too keen on, I guess they really did get all metal.

I just hope the soundtrack is different in multiplayer for each faction. xD I mean, each army is meant to represent metal in all it's different ways.

But I know I'll be head banging as some Judas Priest comes on, running down Demons to painkiller, so appropriate. xD

I'm also sure my torrenting will go up after Rocktober. xD

Kiutu:

JimmyBassatti:

What gamer are you that just something like that is a game killer? I mean, if it is majority of it (being a metal themed game) ok, but they have said how you can tailor it to what you want (within metal obviously)

Who said it was a game killer? I'll still probably buy it and play it, but I know I won't enjoy the parts where I'm forced to play songs by those "bands". Even though they can't be considered that.

I'm listening to Murmaider as I type this hahaha.
That's one killer soundtrack.

The list kinda fails...

First no Iron Maiden. Really...they represent the cheesyness and the awesomeness of Metal at the same time!

Then no Iron Man from Black Sabbath...No DIO and not even Metallica. Tsk tsk tsk...

Instead we get Dragonforce...bah.

JimmyBassatti:

Kiutu:

JimmyBassatti:

Who said it was a game killer? I'll still probably buy it and play it, but I know I won't enjoy the parts where I'm forced to play songs by those "bands". Even though they can't be considered that.

Just because they like having fun, does nto make Tenacious D not a band. Dethklok is debatable, since its not like the characters are real. Besides, if any is not a band, its Dragonforce. Most of it is synthisized and pre-recorded. The other two do play real instruments.

Kiutu:

JimmyBassatti:

Kiutu:

JimmyBassatti:

Just because they like having fun, does nto make Tenacious D not a band. Dethklok is debatable, since its not like the characters are real. Besides, if any is not a band, its Dragonforce. Most of it is synthisized and pre-recorded. The other two do play real instruments.

On the Tenacious D topic, they don't have fun. They make songs that are full of toilet jokes and genitalia jokes. And yes, Dethklok is characters, but the tv show is just annoying. Dethklok takes what is good about metal, and then makes it bad. And yes, Dragonforce is not a band, I'll agree with that, but I'd rather listen to them other Dethklok and Tenacious D.

Well it doesn't have any Dio so that lost it a couple points... But then they came out and rocked with the greatest band in the land: KISS which gave it a BAJILLION points (and that isn't even a number) so I am getting it.

That. Setlist. Is. AMAZING

sturryz:

Brnin8:

Monshroud:

sturryz:
No Iron Maiden? WTF?!

Maybe but the main character's name is in homage to Eddie

All the more reason the be mad, you can reference Iron Maiden but you can't include their music?

Atleast Black Sabbath and Judas Priest are there, not having them is unforgivable.

And WTF no Metallica? If you make a Metal Game, not having Master Of Puppets or Iron Man in it is a FAIL move.

Monshroud is most likely right, it's a licensing issue. There's a strong chance that the Publishing companies for your beloved Iron Maiden and Metallica were demanding too much money in licensing fees to have their music included in the game. Too bad for them, this game has been a guaranteed purchase for me since it was featured in Game Informer back in November 2007. I don't even own an Xbox 360 yet, and I'm still going to buy the damned game.

JimmyBassatti:

Kiutu:

JimmyBassatti:

Kiutu:

JimmyBassatti:

On the Tenacious D topic, they don't have fun. They make songs that are full of toilet jokes and genitalia jokes. And yes, Dethklok is characters, but the tv show is just annoying. Dethklok takes what is good about metal, and then makes it bad. And yes, Dragonforce is not a band, I'll agree with that, but I'd rather listen to them other Dethklok and Tenacious D.

I dont think you are gonna like the game, since you seem to take it too seriously.

JimmyBassatti:

Kiutu:

JimmyBassatti:

Kiutu:

JimmyBassatti:

Not the songs they are using, those two are genuinely awesome, the songs being Master Exploder, and The Metal. Also, they are bands they just aren't your kind of bands. Was Shakespear not a playwrite, because he did not write poetry?

When i saw that they Soundtrack was announced,i expected shit like Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine and Underoath.

But no.

They have MIRRORTHRONE and EMPEROR.

Finally a game that is aimed at people like ME.

KingPiccolOwned:

JimmyBassatti:

Kiutu:

JimmyBassatti:

Kiutu:

JimmyBassatti:

Not the songs they are using, those two are genuinely awesome, the songs being Master Exploder, and The Metal. Also, they are bands they just aren't your kind of bands. Was Shakespear not a playwrite, because he did not write poetry?

You are correct. Master Exploder and The Metal aren't those kind of songs by them, and, those are the only songs by them I like. I do suppose you are right... But not for long...just wait, ol' bean.

JimmyBassatti:

What's wrong with Tenacious D and Dethklok? Jack Black is voicing the main character so how could one of his songs not be in the game?

Even some Dark Tranquility, eh?

The metalhead that still resides within me is filled with glee. Well, not quite glee. That isn't very metal.

Draculafreak:

JimmyBassatti:

What's wrong with Tenacious D and Dethklok? Jack Black is voicing the main character so how could one of his songs not be in the game?

Because he'd let Metallica or Iron Maiden put one of theirs in? But, now that I saw what songs they are, I'll give them that. Master Exploder and The Metal are two decent songs.

Well, As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.

Somewhat disappointed this song isn't in.

But they have Mermaider, so its forgivable. :D

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or