Brutal Legend's Soundtrack Will Melt Your Face Off

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

I was going to get this game from the very beginning...

Now that I've seen the soundtrack, I'm going to have to camp outside GameStop on October 12th...

So they have DragonForce but no Maiden? No Sepultura? WTF?!?!

Dethklok?! This might be the most awesome soundtrack ever.

THUNDERHORSE!

i still think it's funny that everyone is complaining about lack of Maiden and such when they've included KMFDM in the set list, they aren't even a metal band and never have been nor would never be classified as one, they are an industrial band

cool set list tho

Fuck yeah! Technical Difficulties by Racer X!

sturryz:
No Iron Maiden? WTF?!

Maybe have been a problem with not being able to get Iron Maiden unfortunately.

Blame record companies and licensing bullshit.

I'm not a heavy metal fan yet I'm still seriously considering ppurchasing this game because a) it's actually something quite new and b) Tim and c) I thought physconauts should have done better so to help make up for it I'll buy this game.

JimmyBassatti:

Draculafreak:

JimmyBassatti:
Hopefully Activision doesn't rape the game with lawsuits and such. But damn it, Tenacious D and Dethklok? I thought I might actually enjoy this game... Guess not :P

What's wrong with Tenacious D and Dethklok? Jack Black is voicing the main character so how could one of his songs not be in the game?

Because he'd let Metallica or Iron Maiden put one of theirs in? But, now that I saw what songs they are, I'll give them that. Master Exploder and The Metal are two decent songs.

Well, they're not just gonna put in Metallica or Iron Maiden for the hell of it. It has to fit with the atmosphere of the game.

Draculafreak:

JimmyBassatti:

Draculafreak:

What's wrong with Tenacious D and Dethklok? Jack Black is voicing the main character so how could one of his songs not be in the game?

Because he'd let Metallica or Iron Maiden put one of theirs in? But, now that I saw what songs they are, I'll give them that. Master Exploder and The Metal are two decent songs.

Well, they're not just gonna put in Metallica or Iron Maiden for the hell of it. It has to fit with the atmosphere of the game.

Mogwais fit with the atmosphere of the game. The game is about Mogwais, right?

sturryz:
No Iron Maiden? WTF?!

My thoughts exactly good sir.

But seriously is Trooper not epic enough?

Beside the severe and unforgivable lackage of Maiden the sound track is still quite 'Metal' and my anticipation for Brutal Legend is even greater.

(Edit)

HardRockSamurai:
on October 12th...

I'm sorry, you must be mistaken for

ROCKTOBER 12TH

;P

Oh nice, Iced Earth is on the soundtrack. This is really looking good.

*Salutes*

In awesome, we trust!

sturryz:
No Iron Maiden? WTF?!

Was going to say the same thing. This is an EPIC overlook. Anyway, I won't complain, the list is still awesome. Dark Tranquillity, Dimmu Borgir and In Flames make up for the lack of Maiden. Up The Irons!!!

However, this could mean they are saving Eddie for a bossfight in the sequel. Awww yea!

cleverlymadeup:
i still think it's funny that everyone is complaining about lack of Maiden and such when they've included KMFDM in the set list, they aren't even a metal band and never have been nor would never be classified as one, they are an industrial band

cool set list tho

Well, the inclusion of a band that was spawned of metal is nothing to complain about. However, the lack of the grand-daddies of melodic metal is definitely winge-worthy.

[Gavo]:
Dethklok?! This might be the most awesome soundtrack ever.

THUNDERHORSE!

Thunderhorse is awesome, but I prefer the Fansong and Detharmonic. The Dethalbum was my first purchase on iTunes ever btw. :-)

It's almost like my iPod. GOOD GOD ON A RAPTOR!

i wouldn't say this'll melt my face off. i was fully prepared to be really disappointed but it actually doesn't look too bad. not face melting though!

Oh my God, they have In Flames, Children of Bodom, Dragonforce, Ministry, and Manson. I must have it!

You had me by Dethklok, Brutal Legend!

Joos:

cleverlymadeup:

cool set list tho

Well, the inclusion of a band that was spawned of metal is nothing to complain about. However, the lack of the grand-daddies of melodic metal is definitely winge-worthy.

ummm they weren't born of metal, most of their first few albums were totally synth based albums. it wasn't until the Naive/Money era they really started to use guitar samples with Godlike being the most notable as it used the hook from Angel of Death by Slayer

i've been a fan of Captain K and krew for a long time and i actually own the original orange covered Naive album

Fuck yeah fuck yeah fuck yeah fuck yeah!

Brnin8:
Maybe but the main character's name is in homage to Eddie

Yeah I just realised that the name Eddie Riggs coincides with Iron Maiden Mascot, Eddie created by Derek Riggs, wasn't that right?

As brilliant as the game may be, I don't think it's really a wise move to build up a hype. I wish I saw Opeth on that soundtrack.

No Death? Damn. Well, at least there's Carcass and Emperor.

cleverlymadeup:

Joos:

cleverlymadeup:

cool set list tho

ummm they weren't born of metal, most of their first few albums were totally synth based albums. it wasn't until the Naive/Money era they really started to use guitar samples with Godlike being the most notable as it used the hook from Angel of Death by Slayer

i've been a fan of Captain K and krew for a long time and I actually own the original orange covered Naive album

Hmm, maybe I chose my words wrongly. Probably should be 'inspired by'.

Amazing setlist, will be rocking out to most of these come rocktober, will probably mute some like dragonforce, but the said deathklok song in it is actually fairly decent, and they have loads of 'underground' metal bands in there aswell which more than make up for one or two bad apples. You can usually takes songs you don't like out of the playlist anyway so I don't see what the big deal is.

As for songs they didn't include, well the only thing i know for certain is that whenever the game feels epic enough I am switching it to the music on my hard drive and playing fear of the dark by maiden, just because that song would be absolutely perfect for the game. I honestly can't see how any metalhead cannot like this sound track, it is almost perfect. Sure it could do with some more death metal and iron maiden, but it was never going to be perfect for everyone anyway.

Best soundtrack ever? Well there's a lack of Maiden....

Dethklok and Tenacious D!!!! GET OUTTA MY HEAD, MAN! I will buy your game just quit reading my mind!

Talk about lackluster.

Although I normally hate Metal (raises flame shield), this game looks awesome enoguh to get me interested. And considering my extremely rigid taste in music, that's saying a hell of a lot.

Okay, well first of all I'm absolutely gutted to see Dragonforce stuck on this game.
Hopefully you can turn off the songs you hate...
But anyway.
Iron Maiden was a problem with licensing, and I guess the whole 'No Metallica' thing is due to the recent release of GH: Metallica - which should leave most of the Metallica fans to a very full appetite of Metallica on the console right now - considering there was hardly any non-Metallica songs on that game.

And I guess this game will be awesome - great line-up, a brilliant soundtrack.
AND the combat doesn't look too bad, I was a big fan of the Viking game and the combat seems similar so I should like this game.

I don't know, I am opposed to games that use their soundtrack as a selling point. Noone will play a game for 40-50 hours just because it has some good songs in it. On the other hand, Tim Schafer is a very talented writer. But he sucks at making non-adventure games. Bad. I'll wait for reviews before I consider this.

Oh
Sweet
Jesus I want this game so badly now
Shame there isn't going to feature The Devil Went Down to Georgia

mirdza:
No Death? Damn. Well, at least there's Carcass and Emperor.

Not OT but welcome to The Escapist where out water is clean and our women are pure
Enjoy your stay and please read the forum guidelines

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.116827

and a few other articles you may want to read to improve your posting quality

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/markup_help.php

and also

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.112832

:)

Aw yes. Was allready sold on the gameplay but now the audio im seeing makes me even more excited!

This is brilliant ,anyways anyone know what happend with the court case? i knows it`s been resolved just don`t know what happend

they don't have metallica or iron maiden, what the fuck

I don't see why people are looking down on the D-Force all of a sudden. They just went kinda mainstream, that's all. Speaking as a DragonForce fan who listened to the band well before they signed on in Guitar Hero III. You don't listen for the lyrics, you listen for the guitar work. Everything else is extra.

But on topic, I will be trying this out. Three Inches of Blood is an amazing band, and I very much do want to hear Deadly Sinners.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here