Vote for Sega's Next Genesis Game on XBLA

Vote for Sega's Next Genesis Game on XBLA

Sega's celebrating the anniversary of the Genesis by asking fans to vote for which Genesis game they'll get the chance to buy next on XBLA, and there are some pretty heavy hitters among the options.

Happy 20th anniversary, Sega Genesis. Your descendant, the Dreamcast, isn't getting any kind of hurrah from Sega, who say they wouldn't want to confuse their identity as a software maker now by celebrating their past as a hardware producer.

Apparently that logic does not apply to the Genesis (or Mega Drive, if you will), because, lo and behold, Sega is throwing some festivities to commemorate two decades of three button controllers and actually good Sonic games.

Between today (August 14) and August 21, Sega will be running a poll to see which game Sega fans would like to see released on Xbox Live Arcade next. The choices: Earthworm Jim, Golden Axe II, Shining Force II, Revenge of Shinobi, Streets of Rage, Toejam & Earl and Wonder Boy. All beloved classics and deserved of re-releases in their own right...and yet, there can only be one.

As of this writing, Earthworm Jim is in a commanding lead with 36% of the votes, followed by Toejam & Earl with 24%. There have been 972 votes so far, but there should be plenty between now and next week, so if you want to see another game on XBLA, exercise your right as a democrat and get to voting.

*Shrug*... I've got the Megadrive collection for the PS2 and anything that's not covered by that is probably on the Wii's Virtual Console. What do the Sega games cost on XBLA?

If we don't get Shining Force 2, I'm going to hurt someone.

I wish Vectorman was on that list. It is one of my favorite games ever, and easily my favorite platformer. But one can dream.

I vote for Earthworm Jim. Not that I actually have an Xbox though.

The artist who did him is awesome though.

http://tennapel.com/

*Crosses fingers*

Earthworm Jim, Earthworm Jim, Earthworm Jim...

SICK! Earth Worm Jim FTW!

dodo1331:

Hurt me. I didnt like Shining Force 2 that much to be honest and I dont know many who did. Earthworm Jim was a game pretty much everybody loved. So therefore Im most definatly voting for Earthworm.

Torque669:

dodo1331:

Hurt me. I didnt like Shining Force 2 that much to be honest and I dont know many who did. Earthworm Jim was a game pretty much everybody loved. So therefore Im most definatly voting for Earthworm.

Shining Force 1 and 2 still are loved by a lot of people.

Dear god, vote for Earthworm Jim!

Or Toejam and Earl, at the very least.

dodo1331:

I went out and bought the actual cart for that game recently. Sega has done a real good job of ignoring some amazing titles.

I've been ignoring the whole virtual console game thing on 360 since I have all the genesis games I could want, on my genesis. Most have their cases even, so go ahead and vote I'll just sit here and hope for Ranger-X so you guys can see a great genesis game you never heard of and love it.

I'm going to vote for Earthworm Jim! My only regret is that "Give them ALL to us" isn't an option.

Shining force II, its a classic. Having said that I still have a Genesis, Shining Force, S force II and S in the darkness.

Where is Phantasy Star 4 on that list?

Why isn't Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition on there? That's what I'd vote for...

Earthworm Jim 2 would be cooler...

Earthworm Jim.

I mean, as much as I love Shining Force and Golden Axe, they're both on the collection disc already.

The titles that aren't already on the Ultimate Genesis Collection.

This contest ended when ToeJam and Earl showed up on that list.

Earthworm Jim definatley. I actually like the Vintage Collection on XBLA. 400 points aint bad for some hours of classicness.

I want Road Rash/Road Rash 2.

Its never going to get to the XBLA at this rate :'(

Earthworm Jim.

I bought the Mega Collection for my ps3 already, so I would love to have Earthworm Jim on either console.

toejam & earl ftw

Though I don't have a 360, GO EARTHWORM JIM!

The answer to this question is Earthworm Jim. any other answer is punishable by cow.

NeutralDrow:
Why isn't Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition on there? That's what I'd vote for...

You are awarded an awesome cookie for remembering this game.

If you really want Genesis games on the Xbox, just grab the Genesis collection. It's got pretty much anything you could want. Hell, it's got Gain Ground and Kid Chameleon for Christ sake.

But not Earth Worm Jim, so that's my vote.

Toejam and Earl would definitely be the best, but it's pretty obvious that Earthworm Jim is gonna win.

I mean, it's already got 47% of the vote.

vectorman

toejam&earl

vectorman2

sonic the living pinata

sonic the dead pinata

shining force2

sonic the defiled pinata corpse who is being burned as we speak

need I say more?

Fuck the Genesis, I want Sonic: adventure on my Xbox 360!

Radeonx:
I wish Vectorman was on that list. It is one of my favorite games ever, and easily my favorite platformer. But one can dream.

If it's not already out you can get it on the Megadrive collection.

bjj hero:
Where is Phantasy Star 4 on that list?

Also on the Megadrive collection.

None of those are Dune, so I dont care. Or Primal Fury, now that I think about it.

Earthworm Jim,
He's such a groovy guy.
Earthworm Jim,
He rocket's through the sky.

Crusin' through the universe,
having lots of fun.
Here comes Earthworm Jim you know
That he's the might one.

/Guess where my vote is going

What, no Ristar? Earthworm, I suppose...

A few of those are on the Sega Genesis Collection...And its cheap now, too.

God I love me some Earthworm Jim!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here