Brütal Legend Demo Coming in September

Brütal Legend Demo Coming in September

Brütal Legend fans will be able to get a head start on the headbangin' as Double Fine and EA have announced that a demo for the upcoming heavy metal action game will be released in September.

It hasn't been the smoothest ride for Brütal Legend, the hard-rockin' action-adventure game from Tim Schafer's Double Fine Productions. Publishing deals fell through and got ugly, legal battles ensued and even the mighty Ronnie James Dio found himself cut from the game (albeit for Tim Curry, so we'll call that one a wash). But there's light at the end of the tunnel and it's closer than you might think: The game won't launch until October but a playable demo is coming next month.

"We just couldn't wait," Schafer said. "Villagers have surrounded our offices with torches, demanding the game. So we're releasing a demo and hope that this taste of metal will keep the mob at bay until Brütal Legend comes out this Rocktober."

The Brütal Legend demo will be available via Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network beginning September 17, while the full game hits shelves on October 13 in North America and October 16 in Europe.

Fuck yeah, I've been waiting for this one so long now. Hope the demo shows how epic and awesome this game is, because it better...

Hells yes, Ill be counting down the days.

Edit: wooo 900 posts.

Can't wait till Roctober descends upon us.

YES.

This way i can finally see whether its as awesome i think its going to be!

Bah. Still waiting for the PC demo. :-(

while i dont doubt the game would be awesome
i am concerned about the hype it gets
hype tends to swell expectations beyond the point where a game can live up to it
psychonouts was almost unexpected, and so the awesome level of it was a complete surprise
this game on the other hand is being billed as the next psychonouts
and so would have to live up to incredible expectations
i hope it could live up to them

DaxStrife:
Bah. Still waiting for the PC demo. :-(

Aye same here. I mean Tim put Psychonauts on the PC. I just hope he will decide to do it with this.

woo! i want now!

bladeofdarkness:
hype tends to swell expectations beyond the point where a game can live up to it
psychonouts was almost unexpected, and so the awesome level of it was a complete surprise

i find this happens with alot of games and so i dont go with the hype, normally going with my own or close friends hype...but that usually leads to gettign excited about a really bad game and everyone laughs at you for it...

pays off to ignore the rest fo the world sometimes tho :P

bladeofdarkness:

Actually Psychonauts was pretty hotly anticipated, albiet by a small but loyal group. Schafer already had some big fans from his Lucasarts days. I don't expect anything from the game but for it to be a Schafer product, and with that I know it'll be awesome.

You mean Rseptember.

*raises her goblet of rock to the heavy metal gods and lets out a shriek that shrivels the ears of Satan himself*

Can't wait!

This is a good sign, you rarely get a demo for a shitty game. Can't wait to try it and see if it's worth my moneys.

\m/

I can't wait for Rocktober, so this demo will probably end up in my hands soon after it comes out. (Though I suspect it'll go idle soon after, given that ODST comes out the next week. Truly it's going to be a good month for my Xbox.)

-- Steve

not a zaar:
You mean Rseptember.

It really just rolls off your tongue, doesn't it?

OT; YES. I can't wait, I'm so hyped for Brütal Legend, even though I know it's bad to be hyped for games.

Hell yes can`t wait ,might just buy it on release anyway seeing as this and arkham asylum are the only interesting games i`ve seen for the holiday season (well them and scribblenauts)

*puts away his pitchfork* And you all said rioting wouldn't get us anywhere!

Orange Monkey:

Damn, this is why I need to move to San Fransisco!

Good, because that will be how I decide if I buy it or not. You better make a good first impression!

As the last living fan of Jack Black, I hereby give one big thumbs up to Double Fine and say "Good work, soldier" as it quickly cuts to black and the directors name appears on the screen.

Thank God. I don't like rock much, but its still an amazing looking game. Can't wait to see if it delivers

Yay!~ Can't wait. Already have it reserved and paid off, so just sitting on my thumbs for now.

About bloody time *Turns to the ORc I keep in my basement* ok, you can stop killing kittens, its coming.

I'm ready for Rocktober.

Excellent. I'll get to see if my predictions are true a month early.

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH (<- that was a brutal heavy metal "yeah", if you couldn't tell)

Can't wait to try it out, even though I already have it pre-ordered anyway.

Now we'll get to see if this lives up to the big potential it has. I'm still not sure if it will be good gameplay-wise. All the rockstar cameos and voice acting makes for a good presentation, though.

not a zaar:
You mean Rseptember.

You mean Rocktember!

Awesome. Bring on the rock!

thekg:

Orange Monkey:

Actually, I live in Europe, but i was brandishing my pitchfork mean-spiritedly in the general direction of America XD

pimppeter2:
Thank God. I don't like rock much, but its still an amazing looking game. Can't wait to see if it delivers

What he said. The more I read on this game the more I like it, but I still can't tell if its worth the buy because I don't like rock. God I can't wait for this demo, I hope the game lived up to what I want it to be

Malygris:
...and even the mighty Ronnie James Dio found himself cut from the game (albeit for Tim Curry, so we'll call that one a wash)

I'd rather have Dio. Tim Curry's cool and all, but, c'mon, it's Dio (this is a game about Metal, after all).

Psychosocial:

not a zaar:
You mean Rseptember.

It really just rolls off your tongue, doesn't it?

OT; YES. I can't wait, I'm so hyped for Brütal Legend, even though I know it's bad to be hyped for games.

Indeed.

Actually no this is better:

Chaossebba:

You mean Rocktember!

I think I can say only one thing about this development.

In other words it's epic.

Two words, "FUCK, YES!"

Orange Monkey:

thekg:

Orange Monkey:

Actually, I live in Europe, but i was brandishing my pitchfork mean-spiritedly in the general direction of America XD

Aww man, the whole US is feelin' the heat, Schafer! Deliver the goods, appease the world!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here