MvC2 Combo Compilation Will Make You Feel Inadequate

Pages 1 2 NEXT

MvC2 Combo Compilation Will Make You Feel Inadequate

The trailer for a fan created DVD of Marvel Vs Capcom 2 combos will both amaze and depress you in equal measure.

The video, created by 'Joo', a Japanese player famed for his technical ability, is a trailer for a DVD compilation of combos that show how Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is played at the highest levels. For the neophyte player, it shows exactly what you can do if you practice, and for experienced players, there are probably a few tricks you can pick up from it.

There's a list of notes and explanations that you can read here, although even the explanations are fairly technical if you're a novice.

Oh yeah, keep an eye out for the big tough Captain America beating up a little girl. Some hero he is!

Source: Official Capcom Blog

GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!!! How on earth did he manage those???

Don't feel too bad folks; I bet he does terrible in school :)

Wow, watching that made me realise how much suck :(

hehe, anyone else see the run time on the video?

4:20 hurk hurk hurk

HardRockSamurai:

But he probably makes thousands of dollars from tournaments...

HardRockSamurai:

Psh. It's the smart kids who don't need to study which do best at games like this.

As for the video...wow. That's some hardcore air juggling if I ever saw it.

Amnestic:

HardRockSamurai:

Psh. It's the smart kids who don't need to study which do best at games like this.

I agree. Usually if you have a lot of times for playing, you are either a moron (like my friend that barely passed) or you are like me (4.0 out of 5 for 2 half-years in a row - no, that's not the same as "4/5 at the end of the year"). I mean, if you have little to no need to study, what to do with the rest of the time? Learn to play the guitar, then be bored.

Abedeus:

Amnestic:

HardRockSamurai:

I agree. Usually if you have a lot of times for playing, you are either a moron (like my friend that barely passed) or you are like me (4.0 out of 5 for 2 half-years in a row - no, that's not the same as "4/5 at the end of the year"). I mean, if you have little to no need to study, what to do with the rest of the time? Learn to play the guitar, then be bored.

Every guitar I've had handed to me by a friend to "practise with" has ended up being too big. I've got girly hands and the only guitars my friends/brother owns are manly big ones.

So for me, it was just the 'be bored' part. Then I remembered I had video games.

wow, how degrading! I bet hes fat, im just playin witcha.

Amnestic:

Abedeus:

Amnestic:

HardRockSamurai:

Every guitar I've had handed to me by a friend to "practise with" has ended up being too big. I've got girly hands and the only guitars my friends/brother owns are manly big ones.

So for me, it was just the 'be bored' part. Then I remembered I had video games.

O_o Why not an electric guitar? They are a lot smaller and sound almost the same, with the right settings. Although I have 2 acoustics...

Abedeus:

Amnestic:

Abedeus:

Amnestic:

HardRockSamurai:

O_o Why not an electric guitar? They are a lot smaller and sound almost the same, with the right settings. Although I have 2 acoustics...

...they were electric guitars. I've tried both, though I'm told guitars come in various shapes and sizes, so it's possible they were on the larger side of electric rather than the smaller bracket.

The both of you... that is what private messaging is there for
Back to thread, don't all the characters (or at least most of them) seem to be doing infinite loop combos?
I think I kept seeing the same 3 hits with most of them... the pirate girl combo looked awesome though

That... was all a blur. Was the music dragonforce?

He's got some skills. Bet he still lives at home...

This is why I don't play fighting games... (except for Fight Night)

I don't know how to respond to that...

I was horrified...because i've played those kinds of people before...

I just got emasculated by a video

"passes out from the sheer awesomeness."

I bet he trains to Live to Win by Paul Stanley.

The video is awesome as hell, but it makes you realize how little fun it is when your opponent can air juggle you to infinity. That was one of the few gripes I had with Castle Crashers. =/

To be fair, ol' Cap was beating up on Roll, who is a robot designed to look like a little girl. And beating up on robots is a victimless crime!

Seriously, though, it never gets old beating up on Juggernaut. I used to use Ken against him all the time in MvC1 just for those sweet juggles. Back when I could get Mugen to work I'd send Evil Ken against him. Can you say 120-hit multiple air juggle combos, kids? Sure. I knew you could.

So if I dont pick Sentinel or Juggernaught or any other half-screen sized characters, Ill stand a chance?
He did touche me when he beat on Roll and Servebot though, but I dunno. Maybe knowing how cheap the game is, it just seemed not too impressive. If he did not make it seem like he was being cheap and stuff, Id find it more 'oooooo'

Though yes, it COULD be 'hes so good, he just makes it seem cheap' but whatever. Also note, Im not saying I can beat him.

I dunno, maybe just my hated of cheap players and MvC2 being a haven for them forces me to act unimpressed?

Yea it makes me bummed to see because there's never been a game I've been 'unbelievable' at. The closest I came was in the original Halo; I worked at an EB games in college (before they were bought out by those gamestop bastards), and there was no person at work, hosted store tournaments, or the website jerry-rigged net play I couldn't beat (well I was occasionally on net play). That was until the store manager invited some friends that played in a tournament to our lan-play nights.

HOLY-SHIT! They kicked my and the rest of the store team's asses to the point of setting up positions for spawn killing, and they played with thumbs always on the sticks, using the side of their index finger to hit the butons instead. They didn't want to split teams so instead of our xbox lan night lasting hours, it only lasted 1 before I started getting bored dying as soon as I spawned and took my shit and left along with the others. Getting beaten can be tolerated, but slaughtered and spawn killed also kills the fun

that was a rude awakening.. you think you're among the best, then someone comes along that stomps your face into the ground.

messy:
I just got emasculated by a video

Yeah...i can't even get a single achievement in that game :(

I don't see what the big deal is.

Seeing 1:10 made me SO very happy. Not only is Charlie my favorite Street Fighter, but they even used my favorite color scheme.

Ahh, I love playing against people like that! It gives me some time to get a drink in between picking characters I hate to watch have the shit kicked out of them. I once got a puch off with Dahlzim in Street Fighter 2. It was my bestest day :D

That was one monster jiggling jugglinh. Monster juggling. It's nice to see characters other than Magneto, Storm, Iron Man and Sentinel being used.

Not impressed, i saw no combos with servbot, so no, im not impressed. Besides, nothing can beat Hyper Akuma :D

wow..... now i just want to crawl into bed and never get out.....
im just playn witcha!!!
i think im pretty good at MvC but ill never be that goos, and thats ok.
as long as i still enjoy the game who cares how good i am at it.
just because some guy could beat me with a team of Roll, servebot, and dan dosent mean ill quit.(though if that dose happen then mabey i should)
oh, an i could beat hyper akuma with my team easy.
Felicea.
Hyato.
Tron Bonne.
(dont hurt me akuma lovers......i can help that im awesome)

I dunno, some of them were decent but it was mostly just non stop corner spamming. Nothing particularly impressive about that. Once they are in the air it is all too easy to keep them there. Besides, was the other player even doing anything in most of those videos or just standing there not defending at all?

Avykins:
I dunno, some of them were decent but it was mostly just non stop corner spamming. Nothing particularly impressive about that. Once they are in the air it is all too easy to keep them there. Besides, was the other player even doing anything in most of those videos or just standing there not defending at all?

Da Joz:
I don't see what the big deal is.

I'm kind of the same way.

None of this looked any more difficult or impressive than stuff I saw 10 year olds (well you know elementary and junior high kids) doing in the Arcades on any given day.

Especially some of those combos that were essentially three to four button combos repeated infinitely. I'm sure it takes talent but overall it just felt like he was doing combos to characters that weren't being played (for the exception of one scene when the other one appears to move).

You really want to see an epic fight check this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnATlSEfof8

Honestly, this doesn't surprise me at all. Those Japanese gamers are crazy as hell!

Awesome. Seriosuly. That's the second best combo vid I've ever seen, only being topped by that Ryu vid that showed up some time back.

I never quite understood why infinite combos in a fighting game are a good thing. It turns the game into a contest of who can land the first hit. Yah, and this guy probably does make craptons of money on tournaments but he's still a gaming geek and no one outside his circle respects him. Then again, I'm a gaming geek. I have no money and a job I hate. And no one respects me at all.

Sin... Need beer...

On a lighter note, Zangief beating up roll was much funnier than Cap doing it.

Hey guys just feel good knowing that spending all that time at 2-d fighting means you can whip him in starcraft 2!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here