Tetris Physically Changes Your Brain

Pages PREV 1 2

Its funny, because one of the people I know who are inlove with Tetris and plays it a lot is a total idiot.

I suddenly have the urge to play Tetris again.

There seems to be a distinct correlation between my playing Tetris less and feeling not as sharp as I once was...hmmm.

That's very convenient, I guess I will start playing Tetris everyday.

Tetris!--Not just used for Thermodynamics Simulations anymore!

I'm totally serious--Thermo and Tetris go hand in hand like prepubescent children. Go check it out:

http://arstechnica.com/science/news/2009/05/the-thermodynamics-of-tetris.ars

In other news, I'm totally solid for life, then. I still habitually play Tetris with friends for hours at a time.

So was I the only one that stopped what they were doing and played a game of tetris right after reading this?

so all those years of pokemon puzzle league on the n64 payed off?

Amnestic:

Hmm. Only adolescent females? I'm not saying the findings aren't intriguing - they are, just that it seems like an odd source sample. They didn't even expand into adolescent males as well which, as a male, I'm obviously interested in. Still, it's interesting to know nonetheless.

Yeah... I'm going to be a bit skeptical until some more tests are done with various groups. I mean, it's cool to think that Brain Age actually DOES something for you, but I have to wonder whether this is the sole result of Tetris being played or not.

Good, I'll immediately bookmark a link to some Flash-based Tetris game.

This is old news. Any difficult mental task--playing sudoku or chess, for example--creates new synaptic pathways in that area of your brain. Your brain is, after all, a muscle.

...I mean it's not...but, yknow. You can pretend it is.

Well, now I have something to say to everyone at school concerning my obsession with Tetris. It's the reason I can finish my work faster and spend time playing tetris.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.